Brexit deal can be done by October 31, Ireland says after 'positive' Johnson meeting

webfact

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wombat said:

leave first, deal later.

brexit.jpg

But the UK politicians, especially Teresa May did lie from the day she became PM until the day she got booted out.

For over 3 years she prevaricated and fudged about she had no intention to leave the EU and her last try, rejected 3 times by parliament was for a BRINO.

It will be very interesting IF this comes off what the Remainers in parliament will do to delay and destroy the agreement.

If they do, IMHO after the next general election a lot of familiar names and faces will not return.

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The horrors are in there Mr Loiner - surely you must have learnt that by now. As Aaron Banks has said Remaining is a better option than the WA. Plus the 39 billion +++ you know the rest. Anyways let the people decide and then move on. Election time. And no need for Johnson's deadline - he made that up - if the deal is good and the people want it then a few more months won't make any difference. But No Deal isn't on the ref ballot paper. End of. Clear blue water then between the Faragists and the Jonsonsists. Hard Brexiteers Nigel awaits your support,money and votes. 

Referendum ballot paper very straight forward. Either No Deal, or Deal. Remain eliminated in 2016.

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The best current joke is the Hard Brexiteer one about no-deal Brexit equals a "clean" Brexit. emoji1782.png. Never mind, whatever it is called, its retreating. Now we can see the Hard Brexiteers splitting. Have fun.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

?

Doesn't matter if folks agree or disagree with the results of a referendum. It's the duty of politicians to bi-laterally carry the mandate of the majority (of voters) to fruition in a true democracy.

Not many of those in the Western World at the moment.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

But the UK politicians, especially Teresa May did lie from the day she became PM until the day she got booted out.

For over 3 years she prevaricated and fudged about she had no intention to leave the EU and her last try, rejected 3 times by parliament was for a BRINO.

It will be very interesting IF this comes off what the Remainers in parliament will do to delay and destroy the agreement.

If they do, IMHO after the next general election a lot of familiar names and faces will not return.

Well we all want a deal and if one is agreed then we put that and remain to the British people in a referendum based on knowledge and facts . There will be no wrecking of any carefully negotiated deal in good faith from me. Then not before time the election. 

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Referendum ballot paper very straight forward. Either No Deal, or Deal. Remain eliminated in 2016.

Good luck with getting that through 'the traitors' Parliament that is the mechanism for passing a new referendum act. So it will be Deal or Remain Benn Bill Mark 2. ....

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yay, up from 37 to 37.8, just made this months transfer after thinking it's gonna get worse, no wait it's gonna get better.

Do it now ,   it will not last for long ...

UK , elected parliament , will kick it into touch .   

Broken britain .  No winners , anymore..

1 minute ago, elliss said:

Do it now ,   it will not last for long ...

UK , elected parliament , will kick it into touch .   

Broken britain .. 

No wait - a deal/remain ref is a winner - we will remain and then we should get a big lift. My money would then be on a remain /  coalition parliament in the next election so Corbyn's hand will be stayed. You never know we might go into spring next year at 50 baht to the pound  and Brexit just a bad dream and pretend the last 3 1/2 years never happened. I think we could all cheer that eventuality , even Mr Loiner.

17 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

No wait - a deal/remain ref is a winner - we will remain and then we should get a big lift. My money would then be on a remain /  coalition parliament in the next election so Corbyn's hand will be stayed. You never know we might go into spring next year at 50 baht to the pound  and Brexit just a bad dream and pretend the last 3 1/2 years never happened. I think we could all cheer that eventuality , even Mr Loiner.

May..  i suggest another extension , under these exceptional circumstances ..

What,  no ditch..  I really thought he was a man of his word ,  Eaton etc...

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

OK , may i suggest another extension , under these exceptional circumstances ..

What,  no ditch..  I really thought he was a man of his word ,  Eaton etc...

Could he really survive his ditch promise...? because accepting  border in the Irish sea only and N.I. in the common market staying (not spoken out by him ….yet )

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Could he really survive his ditch promise...? because a border in the Irish sea and N.I. in the common market staying (not spoken out by him ….yet )

A ditch in the Irish sea , would be just perfect , big enough ... 555

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

Yes, so why is there no speculation on those issues? Most of them are more important than this over hyped stretch of insignificant border.

If Boris’s Deal is only 50 pages about NI, I hope the other 39 horrors of the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty are dead in Boris’s ditch.
If the cost of a clean cut Brexit is the NI border, then let it go.

So what of your countrymen who live in NI?  Are you really so traitorous as to throw them under the bus for your holy English grail?

Again I say, it is time for the United Kingdom to throw England out.

3 minutes ago, Slip said:

So what of your countrymen who live in NI?  Are you really so traitorous as to throw them under the bus for your holy English grail?

Again I say, it is time for the United Kingdom to throw England out.

So in case of that Irish sea border and N.I. in the common market ….. The Scot's go ask ….AND what about us ?

2 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

I got quite a nice little bit more this month too.  

Exscuse me , how old was the  young lady ..

If you enjoy , then your money is not wasted ..

3 minutes ago, elliss said:

The sum of monies , has yet to be confirmed , if ever ...

I hope the E.U. as also claimed that "red London Boris bus" as a Trophy …...with the "XX billions" in it …? ????

The bus can after  be put in front of the Brussels E.U. building as a " remembrance..." ????

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

I hope the E.U. as also claimed that "red London Boris bus" as a Trophy …...with the "XX billions" in it …? ????

The bus can after  be put in front of the Brussels E.U. building as a " remembrance..." ????

That would be fantastic , the Big Red Bus , parked up as a museum , in Brussels . 

Entre , mon ami , all is forgiven .??

17 minutes ago, elliss said:

That would be fantastic , the Big Red Bus , parked up as a museum , in Brussels . 

Entre , mon ami , all is forgiven .??

I get a small but growing idea that he likes to stay for longer time Prime minister ….. even maybe future U.K.'s " Lord Protector 21Th century " ????

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

I get a small but growing idea that he likes to stay for longer time Prime minister ….. even maybe future U.K.'s " Lord Protector 20Th century " ????

No chance , boris is a one off chancer , win or loose , he is a lamb fit for slaughter .

Big guns will appear , on both sides of the House,  when this brexit shambles , is almost near completion..

5 minutes ago, elliss said:

No chance , boris is a one off chancer , win or loose , he is a lamb for slaughter .

Big guns will appear , on both sides of the House,  when this brexit shambles , is near completion..

Big guns ?

Don’t make me laugh ???? ..... oops, too late.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I disagree, it was the danger of 'no decision' that was driving the pound down IMHO.

In order of market positives ;

1) Deal 

2) ongoing stalemate

3) No deal

The last option would certainly have increased downward pressure on Sterling.

Archived