Brexit deal can be done by October 31, Ireland says after 'positive' Johnson meeting

webfact

6 hours ago, englishoak said:

Very possibly, if the DUP back it which it seems they would then its much more likely to pass if put to Parliament... the devil though will be in the other details such as the ECJ, fisheries, ability to make own trade deals etc 

Can you really see the DUP backing a a plan to re-unify Ireland, no matter how big a bribe they were offered ? Or is it just you know nothing of the last 600 years or Irish history??? 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, so why is there no speculation on those issues? Most of them are more important than this over hyped stretch of insignificant border.

If Boris’s Deal is only 50 pages about NI, I hope the other 39 horrors of the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty are dead in Boris’s ditch.
If the cost of a clean cut Brexit is the NI border, then let it go.
The best current joke is the Hard Brexiteer one about no-deal Brexit equals a "clean" Brexit. [emoji1782]. Never mind, whatever it is called, its retreating. Now we can see the Hard Brexiteers splitting. Have fun.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

All those "Know it all's" telling us how the pound will crash if we leave the EU.......it does the opposite on just a possibility ---the same day the Euro dropped by the way.......:coffee1:
Sterling going up anticipating a deal vs no-deal Brexit. So sorry to disappoint the Brexiteer story.

Yes, so why is there no speculation on those issues? Most of them are more important than this over hyped stretch of insignificant border.

If Boris’s Deal is only 50 pages about NI, I hope the other 39 horrors of the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty are dead in Boris’s ditch.
If the cost of a clean cut Brexit is the NI border, then let it go.
Falling apart over the Border. Fancy that.

so surly if Brexit is going to involve such a major change to the constitutional framework of the UK as re-uniting Ireland, we should have another referendum to confirm that is what the people want?

It's not something that was ever mentioned as a possibility in the last referendum campaign  .... 

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yay, up from 37 to 37.8, just made this months transfer after thinking it's gonna get worse, no wait it's gonna get better.

38.50 now , thats what a sniff of a deal does. Do the deluded Brexit no dealers get the message now ?

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

All those "Know it all's" telling us how the pound will crash if we leave the EU.......it does the opposite on just a possibility ---the same day the Euro dropped by the way.......:coffee1:

Oh grow up and stop being dishonest, Sterling has been stuffed for 3 years because of Brexit.

As you well know , the threat of no deal was pushing Sterling further down , the promise of a deal has revived it.

Archived