Brexit deal can be done by October 31, Ireland says after 'positive' Johnson meeting

webfact

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

he's on a fag break on his Bob Dylan Never Ending Conference Tour......

Longer the break the better , i will gladly buy him twenty Senior Service ,  aka tar sticks , 

Ah , those were the days, i was a woodie man , working class ,  and proud ..555

From a Brexiteer over at Conservative Home.......if true Nige is going to go peak sell-out - well trusting BoJo is impossible we all knew that.

https://www.conservativehome.com/video/2019/10/watch-barnier-talks-on-the-backstop-have-been-constructive.html

So it looks like Boris is reverting to type and it will be May's deal all in, with perhaps a new title, a new header page and a new font.

What now my flip flopping Conservative Brexiteer friends, what on earth are you going to do this time.Let me think what was it like after Maastricht and Lisbon?

If my memory serves me correctly , those who had their eyes opened to Conservative Party deceit on matters EU left the party never to return, and those who believe in the Tooth Fairy and Father Christmas used the well worn cop out of ' I'll give the party one last chance, as I am sure when we get another leader we will return to Conservatism' became rampant apologists for the party, whilst depositing their principles and self respect in the recycling bin.

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

From a Brexiteer over at Conservative Home.......if true Nige is going to go peak sell-out - well trusting BoJo is impossible we all knew that.

https://www.conservativehome.com/video/2019/10/watch-barnier-talks-on-the-backstop-have-been-constructive.html

So it looks like Boris is reverting to type and it will be May's deal all in, with perhaps a new title, a new header page and a new font.

What now my flip flopping Conservative Brexiteer friends, what on earth are you going to do this time.Let me think what was it like after Maastricht and Lisbon?

If my memory serves me correctly , those who had their eyes opened to Conservative Party deceit on matters EU left the party never to return, and those who believe in the Tooth Fairy and Father Christmas used the well worn cop out of ' I'll give the party one last chance, as I am sure when we get another leader we will return to Conservatism' became rampant apologists for the party, whilst depositing their principles and self respect in the recycling bin.

Looks like there will be no 2nd referendum so no remain options you must be tearing your hair out based on your recent posts

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Looks like there will be no 2nd referendum so no remain options you must be tearing your hair out based on your recent posts

Who knows what will happen I'm speculating what I consider a route forward in which the country gets to step away from the cliff edge - no more Project Fear - just real life consequences....

33 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Who knows what will happen I'm speculating what I consider a route forward in which the country gets to step away from the cliff edge - no more Project Fear - just real life consequences....

Regardless of Brexit or no Brexit The majority of Japanese companies will relocated back to Japan within 10 years now  there a EU-Japan deal in place no need to have plants or offices in the UK or EU

28 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Regardless of Brexit or no Brexit The majority of Japanese companies will relocated back to Japan within 10 years now  there a EU-Japan deal in place no need to have plants or offices in the UK or EU

errr demographics issue no youngsters taking their place and UK had a good record on business stability and a dedicated hard working workforce. Well done Brexiteers for helping smash that one.  Anyway referendum deal or remain and let's move on. 

Some cogent thoughts from my favorite site Conservative Home from someone who professes to be in the 'know' ....Johnson would sell his own grannie for any deal however bad that can be spun if we are presumed to leave on the 31st. And that's why EU willing referendum on deal / remain after 31st then election. AND FOR WHAT ?

https://www.intensedebate.com/people/Ricardos_Ghost

I  knew Johnson would be a bad negotiator but I didn't think he's be this bad.

Northern Ireland gets full alignment with the Single Market, whilst Great Britain is expected (under a Johnson government) to start diverging sharply.

Northern Ireland gets the Chequers treatment - a customs arrangement that when it was proposed for the UK as a whole Johnson resigned in protest. That would mean (if true) that all GB goods going to Northern Ireland would face full EU tariffs (kiss goodbye to any meat 'exports' going from GB to Belfast) and some poor soul is going to have to devise a scheme for people to apply to get their tariff payments back if and when they can prove that the products were consumed in Northern Ireland and not moved on to the Republic of Ireland. That will be accompanied with a heavy inspection regime across Northern Ireland to check everyone's not defrauding the authorities (pity the officials who have to try and inspect businesses in Derry, Enniskillen and Armagh).

The real kicker will be to discover what we're planning to do to control for produce from the Republic of Ireland using Northern Ireland as a bridge to enter Great Britain - customs and inspections at Stranraer and Liverpool? Oh and raising consent as an issue is clearly now going to mean Northern Ireland's assembly gets the ability to vote to leave the Backstop - i.e. they can leave, but only when Sinn Fein agree.

9 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

errr demographics issue no youngsters taking their place and UK had a good record on business stability and a dedicated hard working workforce. Well done Brexiteers for helping smash that one.  Anyway referendum deal or remain and let's move on. 

If you want to blame anyone blame the EU if there was no EU-Japan deal then I am sure Nissan would remain in Europe be it the UK or somewhere else in the EU the same applies with Honda they have chosen to move back to Japan. simple business economics which costs more 2 factories , one in the UK/EU and one in Japan or just one in Japan

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

If you want to blame anyone blame the EU if there was no EU-Japan deal then I am sure Nissan would remain in Europe be it the UK or somewhere else in the EU the same applies with Honda they have chosen to move back to Japan. simple business economics which costs more 2 factories , one in the UK/EU and one in Japan or just one in Japan

Anyway rear view mirror  - let's look forward at what can be achieved and soon . Johnson gets a deal - Parliament can accept that deal and he can emerge triumphant like the Emperor he wants to be or we put that deal and remain to a referendum to the British people - the outcome which will be legally binding. Then election and NO MORE BREXIT. 

8 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Some cogent thoughts from my favorite site Conservative Home from someone who professes to be in the 'know' ....Johnson would sell his own grannie for any deal however bad that can be spun if we are presumed to leave on the 31st. And that's why EU willing referendum on deal / remain after 31st then election. 

https://www.intensedebate.com/people/Ricardos_Ghost

I  knew Johnson would be a bad negotiator but I didn't think he's be this bad.

Northern Ireland gets full alignment with the Single Market, whilst Great Britain is expected (under a Johnson government) to start diverging sharply.

Northern Ireland gets the Chequers treatment - a customs arrangement that when it was proposed for the UK as a whole Johnson resigned in protest. That would mean (if true) that all GB goods going to Northern Ireland would face full EU tariffs (kiss goodbye to any meat 'exports' going from GB to Belfast) and some poor soul is going to have to devise a scheme for people to apply to get their tariff payments back if and when they can prove that the products were consumed in Northern Ireland and not moved on to the Republic of Ireland. That will be accompanied with a heavy inspection regime across Northern Ireland to check everyone's not defrauding the authorities (pity the officials who have to try and inspect businesses in Derry, Enniskillen and Armagh).

The real kicker will be to discover what we're planning to do to control for produce from the Republic of Ireland using Northern Ireland as a bridge to enter Great Britain - customs and inspections at Stranraer and Liverpool? Oh and raising consent as an issue is clearly now going to mean Northern Ireland's assembly gets the ability to vote to leave the Backstop - i.e. they can leave, but only when Sinn Fein agree.

Brexit latest: No extension without new referendum or an election, EU insists

2 days ago an EU offical is quoted as no extension without  a new referendum or an election that means one or the other unlikely to be a new referendum unless the ballot paper choices are between deal and no deal 

Just now, vinny41 said:

Brexit latest: No extension without new referendum or an election, EU insists

an EU offical is quoted as no extension without  a new referendum or an election that means one or the other unlikely to be a new referendum unless the ballot paper choices are between deal and no deal 

"2 days ago"

Overruled by latest talks …! and blinks

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Anyway rear view mirror  - let's look forward at what can be achieved and soon . Johnson gets a deal - Parliament can accept that deal and he can emerge triumphant like the Emperor he wants to be or we put that deal and remain to a referendum to the British people - the outcome which will be legally binding. Then election and NO MORE BREXIT. 

Or no more referendum the country has already decided on remain and leave so if there was a new referendum the choices would be deal or no deal

Doesn't matter if folks agree or disagree with the results of a referendum. It's the duty of politicians to bi-laterally carry the mandate of the majority (of voters) to fruition in a true democracy.

Not many of those in the Western World at the moment.
The result did not specify no-deal Brexit. That for sure does matter.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Fun to read the Thorygraph comments  …… they feel betrayed by Boris …. why ….?how could they even think that ….!….fun reading it  (patience as the comments themselves load last …! )

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/11/whiff-deal-could-dup-yet-put-spanner-works/#comments

Fun to read the Thorygraph comments  …… they feel betrayed by Boris …. why how could they even think that ….fun reading it  (patience as the comments themselves load last …! )

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/11/whiff-deal-could-dup-yet-put-spanner-works/#comments
Since Boris was meant to be carrying the holy grail of no-deal Brexit, they are not happy with egg on face.

10 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

That looks to me as only one effective border in The Irish Sea... 

The U.K. needed 3 years to finally accept that...OMG !

Simplest way to solve that problem .

Weird as both Ireland and the EU had previously insisted there was no room for negotiation....

The sensible amongst us (leavers) always knew that they would change their tune at the last minute.

Not that it is cause for celebration - as it will still end up being a slightly fudged version of the appalling original May/EU 'deal'.

12 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Since Boris was meant to be carrying the holy grail of no-deal Brexit, they are not happy with egg on face.

They so wanted their 'hard brexit' - they got off on just saying the words the Boris betrayal was priced in from the start from any one who even glanced at his form. What is surprising is a lot of the no-dealers here have either gone quiet or wanted a deal all along it would seem even if it means a big bill and vassalage. Traitors to the left of em traitors to the right of them stuck in the middle with us. Torygraph comment....For Thai -centric leavers they are stuck between the lower the pound goes the happier they are with their sovereignty nonsense and the higher the pound goes then it back in the EU-SSR. They literally cannot win. 

Peter Taylor 11 Oct 2019 10:23PM
If only the Irish Backstop part of May's Withdrawal Agreement has changed, it remains an Instrument of Surrender for which the UK has to pay £39 billion for nothing in return: zilch, rien, nada. This will not bring us control of our fishing grounds, the ability to make trade deals with third countries, or even the benefit of EU trade deals with those countries. We shall have to obey existing and new laws set by the EU with no say in their formulation. And the European Court of Justice will rule over us for eight years.

This is vassalage, against which I hope the Conservative European Research Group as well as the DUP will vote.

Deborah Watkins-Davis 11 Oct 2019 8:59PM
Johnson has capitulated.

The Telegraph's favourite liar has let everybody down.

38.53 Thai Baht

29 minutes ago, el torro said:

Weird as both Ireland and the EU had previously insisted there was no room for negotiation.... //

And it was true - early 2019 - because they had no time enough to do negotiations and acceptations before March 2019. But latter UK asked for a delay and some time was available again... even if mainly wasted by UK...

And BTW what the PM now seems to offer (keeping North Ireland in EU) was clearly breaking May's red lines at that time.

21 minutes ago, el torro said:

Weird as both Ireland and the EU had previously insisted there was no room for negotiation....

The sensible amongst us (leavers) always knew that they would change their tune at the last minute.

Not that it is cause for celebration - as it will still end up being a slightly fudged version of the appalling original May/EU 'deal'.

Don't worry in the forthcoming referendum you will be able to reject the deal and get the very best deal there ever was REMAIN ! See you all on the People's Vote march next weekend !

Archived