Brexit deal can be done by October 31, Ireland says after 'positive' Johnson meeting

webfact

18 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Referendum ballot paper very straight forward. Either No Deal, or Deal. Remain eliminated in 2016.

It won't be necessary. Now the EU have been given a way out, they'll approve the embryo agreement and johnson will get it past parliament, IMO. simple solution actually - the whole of Ireland will abide by EU tariffs, therefore not necessitating a border. And the UK would leave the Customs Union. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, alacrity said:

Doesn't matter if folks agree or disagree with the results of a referendum. It's the duty of politicians to bi-laterally carry the mandate of the majority (of voters) to fruition in a true democracy.

Not many of those in the Western World at the moment.

it's the duty of politicians to decide what's best for Britain. Full stop.

43 minutes ago, el torro said:

Weird as both Ireland and the EU had previously insisted there was no room for negotiation....

The sensible amongst us (leavers) always knew that they would change their tune at the last minute.

Not that it is cause for celebration - as it will still end up being a slightly fudged version of the appalling original May/EU 'deal'.

Well, naturally. That's why brexit was always going to be the largest folly any current government engaged in, and why it should have been junked. 

On 10/11/2019 at 2:22 PM, sanuk711 said:

All those "Know it all's" telling us how the pound will crash if we leave the EU.......it does the opposite on just a possibility ---the same day the Euro dropped by the way.......:coffee1:

Think about this carefully.

Check what the exchange rates were before the referendum, and the trends since. 

The "possibility" was in leaving with a deal rather than crashing out with no deal! Lo!

Weird as both Ireland and the EU had previously insisted there was no room for negotiation....

The sensible amongst us (leavers) always knew that they would change their tune at the last minute.

Not that it is cause for celebration - as it will still end up being a slightly fudged version of the appalling original May/EU 'deal'.
The sensible leavers would be the Soft Brexit supporters and they have been denounced as Enemies of the People. However, Hard Brexiteers trying to repaint themselves, well that should be a hoot. Sensible Hard Brexiteers? Could fit the whole lot comfortably in a single phone box.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The brexiteers remind me of the mind-blowingly stupid nationalists running around U.K. in the summer of 1914, saying “oh we’ll just bloody the kaiser’s nose and be home for christmas.”

Leaving a project of peace in Europe for nationalistic reasons is so galactically stupid it’s hard to fathom. Being kicked out for being a fascist state is another thing though and all of this shouting may soon be a moot point. 

Think about this carefully.

Check what the exchange rates were before the referendum, and the trends since. 

The "possibility" was in leaving with a deal rather than crashing out with no deal! Lo!
It is not an easy process for the Hard Brexiteers to think carefully. The reality is that the markets differentiate between Hard and Soft Brexit for Sterling movements. For Hard Brexiteers, their nonsense is conflating no-deal Brexit with Brexit, so with Sterling rising with a deal possibly emerging, some of the HB's want to own this process and end up talking junk. My advice? Avoid any FX consultant who says he is a H. Brexiteer. He will lose you lots of money.....more than you have lost so far.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

No wait - a deal/remain ref is a winner - we will remain and then we should get a big lift. My money would then be on a remain /  coalition parliament in the next election so Corbyn's hand will be stayed. You never know we might go into spring next year at 50 baht to the pound  and Brexit just a bad dream and pretend the last 3 1/2 years never happened. I think we could all cheer that eventuality , even Mr Loiner.

Get a momentum,sorry Labour ,coalition government in power and you,'ll see 30baht =£1

24 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

err you vote them in by that process...

Thanks BeautifulThailand99 for taking the time and making the effort to try at least to educate the brexiteers in the fundamentals of civics.  Perhaps you could have a go at economics next, or will that be a bridge too far?

Reading between the lines the deal is a stab in the back for NI, so looks like a none starter can not see any none Tories voting for it not even the DUP, and even a number of Tories will probably turn their backs on it. next Saturday will be crunch day...

38 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Reading between the lines the deal is a stab in the back for NI, so looks like a none starter can not see any none Tories voting for it not even the DUP, and even a number of Tories will probably turn their backs on it. next Saturday will be crunch day...

UK , elected parliament , will say nay ..

Next extension expected soon..

42 minutes ago, Basil B said:

It would be a turn out for the books if the Conservative and Unionist Party voted to separate NI !

Now I really don't understand ….as I thought this would be a good solution for the problem as N.I. voted remain (I thought ) ?

I am confused by the reply here from non brexiteers

I must be missing something as a European ????????

20 hours ago, david555 said:

2019-10-12_013825.png

Reuters latest , Brexit deal closed / finished, end off.   Blame it on the EU .

Brexit Brigade , return to base , and regroup,  we will contact you..

5 minutes ago, elliss said:

Reuters latest , Brexit deal closed / finished.  Blame it on the EU .

Brexit Brigade , return to base , and regroup..

Oh …! this ….

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-parliament/pm-johnson-will-ask-mps-to-back-any-brexit-deal-secured-from-eu-the-times-idUKKBN1WR015

Brexit

October 12, 2019 / 7:53 AM / Updated 13 hours ago

PM Johnson will ask MPs to back any Brexit deal secured from EU - The Times

(Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will ask parliament to back any Brexit deal that he secures from the European Union within 24 hours of the European summit next week, the Times reported on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

Oh …! this ….

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-parliament/pm-johnson-will-ask-mps-to-back-any-brexit-deal-secured-from-eu-the-times-idUKKBN1WR015

Brexit

October 12, 2019 / 7:53 AM / Updated 13 hours ago

PM Johnson will ask MPs to back any Brexit deal secured from EU - The Times

Any deal ?.  In desperate times , be desperate .

We are indeed blessed , OCT31 ..

34 minutes ago, elliss said:

Reuters latest , Brexit deal closed / finished, end off.   Blame it on the EU .

Brexit Brigade , return to base , and regroup,  we will contact you..

More Fake news unless you have a link to support your post

For all you Hard Brexiteers - get your tissues ready - draw up the chair and get ready to rock - but be warned you don't want Ann Widdecombe in shot when you are going anywhere near peak Brexit vinegar ! Hope Richard Tice (net value 150 million quid) get his scrappage of inheritance tax through when they come to horse trading over the million seats they'll get smashing up the elites. 

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

For all you Hard Brexiteers - get your tissues ready - draw up the chair and get ready to rock - but be warned you don't want Ann Widdecombe in shot when you are going anywhere near peak Brexit vinegar ! Hope Richard Tice (net value 150 million quid) get his scrappage of inheritance tax through when they come to horse trading over the million seats they'll get smashing up the elites. 

I went to a number of shops today to get a box of tissues was informed stocks in the entire country sold out due to  remainers / remoners crying that there will be no 2nd referendum as a deal is in the offing

9 hours ago, stephenterry said:

it's the duty of politicians to decide what's best for Britain. Full stop.

That's exactly why we've been spinning our wheels these last 3 plus years.

Elected MP's are entrusted to carry out the will of the people that elected them. End of.

Queue the ignorant, racist, old and uneducated Brexit voter spiel...

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

That's exactly why we've been spinning our wheels these last 3 plus years.

Elected MP's are entrusted to carry out the will of the people that elected them. End of.

Queue the ignorant, racist, old and uneducated Brexit voter spiel...

Any reason for the name calling and the stereotyping ?

Let me guess ? *Brexiters called me names first* ?

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I went to a number of shops today to get a box of tissues was informed stocks in the entire country sold out due to  remainers / remoners crying that there will be no 2nd referendum as a deal is in the offing

You were informed wrongly as it happens guys and gals....and pray tell how this deal gets through Parliament without a people's vote attached to it ?

17 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You were informed wrongly as it happens guys and gals....and pray tell how this deal gets through Parliament without a people's vote attached to it ?

May i add ,  surely the Irish people both North and South , 

must be allowed a free vote on their destiny , regarding  EU or UK.  in or out.

Boris,  is a minority group..

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

May i add ,  surely the Irish people both North and South , 

must be allowed a free vote on their destiny , regarding  EU or UK.  in or out.

Boris,  is a minority group..

No they cannot .

The UK all voted already , and the vote has been caste .

Its also nothing to do with EIRE . Its the UK's decision .

If the Northern Irish want to vote on leaving the UK, that is a separate issue

Archived