BANGKOK
webfact

Brexit deal can be done by October 31, Ireland says after 'positive' Johnson meeting

38.50 now , thats what a sniff of a deal does. Do the deluded Brexit no dealers get the message now ?
Oh they get the message alright. Unfortunately they will deny it if the message does not fit.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Doesn't matter if folks agree or disagree with the results of a referendum. It's the duty of politicians to bi-laterally carry the mandate of the majority (of voters) to fruition in a true democracy.

Not many of those in the Western World at the moment.
The result did not specify no-deal Brexit. That for sure does matter.

• Like 1

Fun to read the Thorygraph comments  …… they feel betrayed by Boris …. why ….?how could they even think that ….!….fun reading it  (patience as the comments themselves load last …! )

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/11/whiff-deal-could-dup-yet-put-spanner-works/#comments

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Fun to read the Thorygraph comments  …… they feel betrayed by Boris …. why how could they even think that ….fun reading it  (patience as the comments themselves load last …! )

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/11/whiff-deal-could-dup-yet-put-spanner-works/#comments
Since Boris was meant to be carrying the holy grail of no-deal Brexit, they are not happy with egg on face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't parliament have to approve the deal before it can be " clinched" ?

Is Corbyn still alive? Then I know the outcome already
You mean the same Parliament that has already voted down no-deal Brexit?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

That looks to me as only one effective border in The Irish Sea... 

The U.K. needed 3 years to finally accept that...OMG !

Simplest way to solve that problem .

12 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Since Boris was meant to be carrying the holy grail of no-deal Brexit, they are not happy with egg on face.

They so wanted their 'hard brexit' - they got off on just saying the words the Boris betrayal was priced in from the start from any one who even glanced at his form. What is surprising is a lot of the no-dealers here have either gone quiet or wanted a deal all along it would seem even if it means a big bill and vassalage. Traitors to the left of em traitors to the right of them stuck in the middle with us. Torygraph comment....For Thai -centric leavers they are stuck between the lower the pound goes the happier they are with their sovereignty nonsense and the higher the pound goes then it back in the EU-SSR. They literally cannot win. 

Peter Taylor 11 Oct 2019 10:23PM
If only the Irish Backstop part of May's Withdrawal Agreement has changed, it remains an Instrument of Surrender for which the UK has to pay £39 billion for nothing in return: zilch, rien, nada. This will not bring us control of our fishing grounds, the ability to make trade deals with third countries, or even the benefit of EU trade deals with those countries. We shall have to obey existing and new laws set by the EU with no say in their formulation. And the European Court of Justice will rule over us for eight years.

This is vassalage, against which I hope the Conservative European Research Group as well as the DUP will vote.

Deborah Watkins-Davis 11 Oct 2019 8:59PM
Johnson has capitulated.

The Telegraph's favourite liar has let everybody down.

38.53 Thai Baht

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, el torro said:

Weird as both Ireland and the EU had previously insisted there was no room for negotiation.... //

And it was true - early 2019 - because they had no time enough to do negotiations and acceptations before March 2019. But latter UK asked for a delay and some time was available again... even if mainly wasted by UK...

And BTW what the PM now seems to offer (keeping North Ireland in EU) was clearly breaking May's red lines at that time.

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, el torro said:

Weird as both Ireland and the EU had previously insisted there was no room for negotiation....

The sensible amongst us (leavers) always knew that they would change their tune at the last minute.

Not that it is cause for celebration - as it will still end up being a slightly fudged version of the appalling original May/EU 'deal'.

Don't worry in the forthcoming referendum you will be able to reject the deal and get the very best deal there ever was REMAIN ! See you all on the People's Vote march next weekend !

• Haha 1

A video that contained profane language has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

• Like 1