rent a condo in advance

Hello all, I am about to rent a condo, but it will be one month until I get the keys to it. So what is the custom in Thailand like . the rule is like 1 month advance and 2 months in guaranty. But when one does not get the keys at the same time of signing the contract.

is it then just the 1 month at the signing of contract and 2 months paid when the keys and condo is mine? or what is the custom here?

I take it that you are signing early to a) secure the lease and b) convenient to you

Your circumstances are unusual.

My only suggestion that you agree to the guarantee . Typically this is one month. The landlord will demand that this is non refundable.

Clearly the landlord will lose one months rent-assuming that you only delay completion for one month.

Then it is all about supply and demand.

He will state that he has a  queue of prospects-so pay all to secure.

Who is the better buyer and who is the better seller -will determine the outcome

yes it is a good condo and good price too, but I am thinking  that it makes no sense paying a guarantee, until I get  the key of the condo. so one month rent pay at the signing of contract would be fair to secure it to me ?

p.s. it was the landlords decision to delay I was ready to move right away.

In the end it will depend on what you agree with the landlord, there is no set rule, but one month just as guarantee that you will move in sounds alot (don't forget that you don't get any guarantee in return)

When i was going to rent the house where i currently stay i paid 5000 baht as guarantee (which was about 10% of the sum to be paid when moving in), and the remaining balance at the day i moved in and got the keys (one month advance + two months deposit)

Archived