8 injured in pickup accident on HW 7

Rimmer

If I recall , the 6 people allowed in the cargo space of a pick was for the Songkhran period only. 

And it still is against the law for passengers to ride in the back of pickups.

30th. September 2019....

Nikorn Chamnong, a member of the House of Representatives' transport committee and a road safety advocate , said existing laws actually prohibit passengers from riding at the back of pickup trucks. "However, due to the lack of efficient public transportation networks, many officers often hesitate to enforce the law ".   

On 10/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, LoS itaint said:

Zero sympathy for any of those injured who were squatting in the rear of the pick up, my 7yr old knows its a stupid & dangerous thing to do, but then i doubt if that registers with the victims. The one common denominator i have noticed with these incidents is that the drivers of the overloaded vehicles have to swerve to avoid another who allegedly has cut them up.

You need to slow your roll chief!!! These poor people do whatever it takes to earn a living to support their families. Just be grateful that your 7 year old doesn't have to live this way and show some compassion for those that do!!!

19 hours ago, Almer said:

Agreed, for 1 that will not get in the back of boss mans pick up 10000 will, to all of you injured when uninsured in the back of boss mans pick up, sue the <deleted> if him.

When many boss man have to pay out  for injured workers then they will make other arrangements to ferry workers about, 

Haha, where do you think we are discussing here. I see some Burmese unskilled labourer who can't afford his hospital treatment engaging a Thai lawyer with a 100,000 baht deposit!

22 hours ago, NE1 said:

If I recall , the 6 people allowed in the cargo space of a pick was for the Songkhran period only. 

And it still is against the law for passengers to ride in the back of pickups.

30th. September 2019....

Nikorn Chamnong, a member of the House of Representatives' transport committee and a road safety advocate , said existing laws actually prohibit passengers from riding at the back of pickup trucks. "However, due to the lack of efficient public transportation networks, many officers often hesitate to enforce the law ".   

Exactly!....& the Keystone Cops have let it continue ever since.....I was routinely pulled over at a set of lights for no apparent reason in Pattaya, when i pointed out to the officer there was a pick up at the lights with 9 on the back he just told me to go!!!

I was pulled over at a set of lights for no apparent reason, apart from being a farrang i suspect, in Pattaya, when i pointed out to the officer there was a pick up at the traffic lights with 9 on the back he just told me to go!!!

•  

On 10/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, LoS itaint said:

Zero sympathy for any of those injured who were squatting in the rear of the pick up, my 7yr old knows its a stupid & dangerous thing to do, but then i doubt if that registers with the victims. The one common denominator i have noticed with these incidents is that the drivers of the overloaded vehicles have to swerve to avoid another who allegedly has cut them up.

Maybe if the driver were driving in the left hand lane as he was supposed to the whole incident would have been averted...

Archived