Surface Pro 4 Dead

Nemises

I had the same problem with my Surface Pro 6 few month ago.
I contacted Microsoft support and it was also out of warranty, the only option they give me was a replacement but I had to pay about 15,000b. As my Surface Pro 6 is an i7, 16gb ram and 512Mb ssd, and my option was either forget about it (nearly 100,000b new) or pay 15,000b for a replacement, I agreed for the replacement.
They are coming directly to your place to pickup the Surface (actually it was Kerry) and 3 or 4 days later, they delivered at home the replacement. It is the same model except that the SSD is 1TB instead of 512. They give a 3 months warranty...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Do the backlights on the keyboard light up? If they do there is a good chance that it is the LCD panel that has gone bad rather than the mainboard. You can test that by connecting an external monitor to the displayport.

You have probably already tried the SP reset procedure but if not give the following a go.

1 - Press and hold the power button for 40 seconds. Release

2 - Wait for 20 seconds

3 - Press and hold the power and volume-up buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds (look for flickering on the screen)

4 - Wait for 20 seconds

5 - See if you can now power on normally

If that doesn't work I am afraid there is no fixing it without removing the screen assembly which is no mean feat without cracking the digitizer.

2 hours ago, jphasia said:

I had the same problem with my Surface Pro 6 few month ago.
I contacted Microsoft support and it was also out of warranty, the only option they give me was a replacement but I had to pay about 15,000b. As my Surface Pro 6 is an i7, 16gb ram and 512Mb ssd, and my option was either forget about it (nearly 100,000b new) or pay 15,000b for a replacement, I agreed for the replacement.
They are coming directly to your place to pickup the Surface (actually it was Kerry) and 3 or 4 days later, they delivered at home the replacement. It is the same model except that the SSD is 1TB instead of 512. They give a 3 months warranty...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I can confirm this is how it works.

It's not cheap but efficient. 

The only problem I had once was the serial number of the Surface. It seems that number was not in MS computer system. We bought it at Banana IT in Bangkok, we had the invoice, etc. but it took MS forever (weeks) to sort this out.

I don't know how often that problem happens.

10 hours ago, Nemises said:

Did you follow the instructions as printed on the bottom of the page 30 seconds etc
I checked out a dismantle video for your model
NOT a GREAT thing to do Google it 

So it strikes me that these Surface Pros are not so indifferent from IPODS

I used to repair those they would be dead and unresponsive 
i would open it up disconnect the battery  reconnect after a few minutes and it would charge

Ive seen it with laptops also where it just goes to sleep and the only resolve is a total disconnection of power
On a desktop it was the removal of the mainboard battery resetting the bios

Its Windows and the answers website is saying as much without saying it
it went to sleep 

So follow the instructions hold that power button down for a minute

connect the keyboard its better than the volume control 

Does it come with a mini display port cable

I think if its not busted its in hibernation

Mark here.  Perform a hard reset.  

1)  Press and hold down BOTH the power button and the volume rocker up (vm rocker up is the left side of the rocker).

2)  HOLD BOTH DOWN SIMULTANEOUSLY for 30 seconds then release both.

3)  Wait another 20 seconds and press only the power button.

4)  In a few seconds you should see the SURFACE logo dead center and a yellow bar at the top of the screen.  Immediately and on its own it should take you to the BIOS screen.   ONLY CLICK ON THE EXIT tab at the bottom left of the menu choices on that screen.. Again, click on EXIT only...

5)   It will then take you to the next and final screen that says:  All of your settings have been saved....  Belwo that is one choice and you click on:  RESET.

That will clear the memory and take you back to where you should have been.

This is the part about keyboard 

• When you perform the vol+ and vol- keys 3 times in 2 seconds do you hear any beep? If you don't hear a beep, try the shortcut again. If you have a keyboard connected, simultaneously press Windows logo key +Ctrl+Shift+BIf you're in tablet mode, simultaneously press the volume-up and volume-down buttons three times in quick succession (within two seconds).

• If still won't turn on, try to Force a shutdown and restart. Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds and then release it. The screen may flash the Surface logo. If won't work, try to connect the Surface to a power supply and leave it for half an hour or more and press and hold the power button again for 30 seconds.

another thing last resort
    put in a plastic bag seal it stick it in the freezer over night
    bring it out unbag leave for a few hours 
    try again

Archived