visa is this another new rule??

So went to get my visa extension today and was told I now have to tell my landlord if I do visa run(I had done one a month ago),although less than 24 hrs, cuz I left the country you now have to inform you're landlord,im sure this must be quite a new law as never have had to do that before. as they rung my landlord up and obviously he didn't know I had left the country.

21 minutes ago, andy72 said:

possibly more likely to be a TM6 update as a visa run creates a new form old tm6 as departure card
OP doesnt say which visa type but the clue is there 30 days ago he done a run and a visit to IO for ext

There is no updating of a TM6 arrival/departure card. You get a new one when you enter the country.

Some immigration offices want a new TM30 report to be done every time you enter the country.

ok the tm30 was filled out by my landlord. im talking about if you now do a visa run to Cambodia or wherever and you are back within 24 hrs you still have to report it to you're landlord,but to be fair I did think about it and it is probably about 3 years since I actually done a visa run.i have read a lot of the topics posted on here about the tm30 just didn't realise that it included visa runs as well.as I thought it just was if your away from your residency you registered when you get here for longer than 24hrs you had to report that. but I suppose  you have left the country on a visa run even tho you are back within 24hrs.

36 minutes ago, paulikens said:

ok the tm30 was filled out by my landlord. im talking about if you now do a visa run to Cambodia or wherever and you are back within 24 hrs you still have to report it to you're landlord,but to be fair I did think about it and it is probably about 3 years since I actually done a visa run.i have read a lot of the topics posted on here about the tm30 just didn't realise that it included visa runs as well.as I thought it just was if your away from your residency you registered when you get here for longer than 24hrs you had to report that. but I suppose  you have left the country on a visa run even tho you are back within 24hrs.

My rule of thumb is that if you go someplace that is going to be reported to Immigration then you should file a TM30. If you return from another country you will get a new TM6 and your entry will be recorded in the Immigration database. If you travel inside Thailand and stay at a hotel that copies your passport then it is likely they reported your stay to Immigration. You then should find a TM30. I wouldn't focus so much on the 24 hour interval but as to whether your travels are reported to Immigration. If it is less than 24 hours then feel free to argue the point to Immigration but it is probably just easier to file the TM30 unless there is a huge fine at stake. 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:14 AM, paulikens said:

So went to get my visa extension today and was told I now have to tell my landlord if I do visa run(I had done one a month ago),although less than 24 hrs

You ask if it is required to tell the landlord, after being told it is required.

2 hours ago, paulikens said:

but to be fair I did think about it and it is probably about 3 years since I actually done a visa run.

Visa run a month ago, as stated originally, or 3 years ago?

Time flies when you are having fun in Thailand.....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Martyp said:

My rule of thumb is that if you go someplace that is going to be reported to Immigration then you should file a TM30. If you return from another country you will get a new TM6 and your entry will be recorded in the Immigration database. If you travel inside Thailand and stay at a hotel that copies your passport then it is likely they reported your stay to Immigration. You then should find a TM30. I wouldn't focus so much on the 24 hour interval but as to whether your travels are reported to Immigration. If it is less than 24 hours then feel free to argue the point to Immigration but it is probably just easier to file the TM30 unless there is a huge fine at stake. 

Yeah that makes sense except my local Immigration Office told me last time wifey submitted a TM30 that in country trips don't need a report even though the hotel I stayed at report me staying there but trips out of the country, even if only a 1 hour border hop need a TM30. Previous to that a different lady told us all trips away from home, either within Thailand or abroad need a TM30.

If it's one thing consistent in Thailand then it's the inconsistency.

35 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Yeah that makes sense except my local Immigration Office told me last time wifey submitted a TM30 that in country trips don't need a report even though the hotel I stayed at report me staying there but trips out of the country, even if only a 1 hour border hop need a TM30. Previous to that a different lady told us all trips away from home, either within Thailand or abroad need a TM30.

If it's one thing consistent in Thailand then it's the inconsistency.

Bangkok Immigration told my landlord that I didn't need to do a TM30 for any travel inside Thailand. I'm not sure I believe it but that is what I will do. I'm not due for another extension until November 2020.

17 hours ago, La Migra said:

You ask if it is required to tell the landlord, after being told it is required.

Visa run a month ago, as stated originally, or 3 years ago?

Time flies when you are having fun in Thailand.....

no i meant that my previous visa run before the one a month ago was 3 yrs ago.i didnt ask if it is required to tell the landlord i was asking if this was a new rule.