BANGKOK
webfact

European tourists decline against strong baht, competition

I do not understand why any Euro family would come here.

Aren´t there much better family beach, resort places better and closer to Europe?

You rarely see US families here.  Hawaii and Mexico are much closer and have much better beaches and resort settings then here.

I do recommend this place for single males, those going thru divorce etc.  They mostly seem to have a great time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I do not understand why any Euro family would come here.

Aren´t there much better family beach, resort places better and closer to Europe?

You rarely see US families here.  Hawaii and Mexico are much closer and have much better beaches and resort settings then here.

I do recommend this place for single males, those going thru divorce etc.  They mostly seem to have a great time.

Families do not come to where the bulk of tourists (men) go in Thailand. Only a very small number come to see the temples and sample the food etc.

18 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

Tourism is the second most important sector they have in Thailand and they are killing it with the strong baht. Retirement is another big revenue and they plan to kill it with absurd insurance premiums. Export is dying because of the strong baht. I forecast a recession in Thailand for 2020-2021.

The insurance is for OA  visa obtained outside the country not extension of stay MANY ppl don.t get that

Basically thailand as a tourist destination is a busted flush,prices are higher than uk,and I live in london,only thing cheaper are hotels,and transportation,might have a week next time I visit  South East asia,no more

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Basically thailand as a tourist destination is a busted flush,prices are higher than uk,and I live in london,only thing cheaper are hotels,and transportation,might have a week next time I visit  South East asia,no more

Doooooom & Gloooom baloney. Things that are better than grimy London : The weather, the food, the temples, the ladies, the cheap accommodation, the distance to fat entitled local bitches, absence of  political correctness, the rude self obsessed Londoners, the horrible greasy sausages (get the point) ?? nothing wrong with a 1 - 4 week stay in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

Not just the strong baht but taxes on alcohol too. For anyone who likes wine Thailand is a no go area.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Not just the strong baht but taxes on alcohol too. For anyone who likes wine Thailand is a no go area.

Take a liking to other forms of pi** OMG you are seriously boycotting Thailand because wine is expensive. Look mate - stay at home and drink all the wine you want.

Edited by Melbun
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Hasn't happened to you yet is what you meant to say.. 

Yes that's what I meant to say ......Not yet anyway, but Im sure if it does, I'm sure my Mrs. will sort it out.

• Haha 2

When i first came to Thailand about 25 years ago there was a joke going around ,i was told when you come to thailand and get off the plane ,pop your cash into the big box ,turn around and get back on the plane home ,nothing changes .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A first world problem. Love of Thailand has terms & conditions attached. Asia is looked upon as a value proposition when travelling. Once the perceived value is lessened, alternatives are sought.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dimitriv said:

You can also see them negotiating on the street with hookers. Trying to get a group discount. I once overheard such a negotiation. They tried to pay 1200 Baht for short time with 5 guys.

Not strange that bar girls do not like them.

No wonder ensogo went out of business. 

18 hours ago, yogi100 said:

What actually is craft beer?

Hipster beer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1