BANGKOK
webfact

European tourists decline against strong baht, competition

Just now, adammike said:

Have you forgotten about the airport closures and downtown "shut down Bangkok" I've got that t-shirt.

The late king had to step in one time to restrain the military when they shot students, not sure they would dare these days with everybody a reporter with their phone cameras.

Point taken, however, I am talking about the general public, it would be similar to Hong Kong debacle, Thailand's military government would be no different than the Chinese government, they wont let go of having 'power over the people'.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, legend49 said:

Or higher. Downtown CNX you can count those tourists on your hands no need for a calculator. But its all good news I am sure they will find more hospital countries to visit.

Thais will still need to use a calculator!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 2:32 PM, Lacrimas said:

Tourism is the second most important sector they have in Thailand and they are killing it with the strong baht. Retirement is another big revenue and they plan to kill it with absurd insurance premiums. Export is dying because of the strong baht. I forecast a recession in Thailand for 2020-2021.

Hope so.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, Snuller21 said:

Year on year in Pattaya, it seems more like 50%, will even say up to 65%. But I am NOT TAT, who come with it. I am just living here for 12 years and have seen decline during the last 9 years. Year on year.

there is no substantial decline. never ever. only less increase but still all is good. And if you walk the streets of Pattaya and see 50% less visitors or if you talk to business owners crying, well porobably you misundersood it all. ... Thai style to look away and then never fix problems they dont see... and yes. a good idea to make it harder for people who still would like to retire in Thailand.

You don`t like farangs coming but you don`t like farangs not coming too ... well, you must be a Thai!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

there is no substantial decline. never ever. only less increase but still all is good. And if you walk the streets of Pattaya and see 50% less visitors or if you talk to business owners crying, well porobably you misundersood it all. ... Thai style to look away and then never fix problems they dont see... and yes. a good idea to make it harder for people who still would like to retire in Thailand.

You don`t like farangs coming but you don`t like farangs not coming too ... well, you must be a Thai!
Rather weird comment

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

21 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Pattaya? Who in their right mind wants to visit that hell hole?

Never been there, or just went to Walking St? There's more to Pattaya than bars and girls and boys and ladyboys, though that was what made the place.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, huntandcollect said:

Rather weird comment

There has been no decline in numbers so he's right. Maybe less farangs, but more than replaced by other ethnicities.

A decline of about 50 % would actually be good for Pattaya. That would take the population back to around what it was in the 90s when Pattaya was great. The problems of the present are because the city expanded far too fast without any sort of plan to accommodate so many. The roads that could carry the car numbers in mid 90s are still the same ( except for the atrocious widening of Beach Rd that is a farce ) and not able to carry present numbers.

20 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

As the last truly international and free spirited city in Thailand...many people do. And it gets repeat visitors.  The people who criticize it are usually people who gave never visited the place.

or just spent 5 minutes driving along Beach and Second and visited Walking St. Have no idea of anything beyond those places, or perhaps they thought they were getting the real thing, but she had big hands and feet:-)

14 hours ago, fruitman said:

Today in foodland the Presto canned tomato from Italy costs one baht more than in december last year while the euro is much lower.....the Thai are just far too greedy.

OMG - how could they - greedy indeed 1 baht - will never buy a can of tomatoes again.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, huntandcollect said:

Rather weird comment

10 hours ago, P100 said:

Rather weird comment

Melbun said :

NOT A WEIRD COMMENT: There is no net increase of tourists. It remains the same. Unchanged !!

Edited by Melbun

I can only speak for myself, but when I first came here as a backpacker, I was always checking the exchange rate. Back then it got to 75 baht to the pound. Some people say tourists don’t care about the exchange rate. I can’t say that’s true for the tourists I met when I was a tourist here. 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, SoilSpoil said:

Plastic on the beaches, smoke in the mountains, rivers that look and smell like open sewers, and congested roads in Bamgkok. A corrupt police force, tourist scams where ever you go, drinking bans and aggresive taxi drivers.

Yes, I understand why a lot of peoole are giving Thailand a miss.

You forgot, island killings.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rimbuman said:

You forgot, island killings.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:20 PM, SoilSpoil said:

Plastic on the beaches, smoke in the mountains, rivers that look and smell like open sewers, and congested roads in Bamgkok. A corrupt police force, tourist scams where ever you go, drinking bans and aggresive taxi drivers.

Yes, I understand why a lot of peoole are giving Thailand a miss.

Sound like London or Birmingham or  Leeds

Look closer to home and make a comparison. Irrelevant if you are coming as a tourist for less than 30 days, A 2 week millionaire as it were.

• Like 1

Are there any research published by big booking companies like Agoda or booking.com to verify drops in tourism and where they are coming from?

A derogatory troll post and the replies have been removed.