I had a multi-entry visa and they didn't accept it

they forced me to book the exit ticket for Malaysia and they made me a stamp where they converted my multi-entry visa from a single entry.  they told me that I've been to Thailand too many times so I can't go on a tourist visa anymore. I've always behaved well and I've never done anything wrong..this happen in Krabi airport. I'm here now but I'm really sad 

IMG-20191010-WA0006.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Could not agree more. 

Just to note that the Thai consulates (esp in the region) seem to be coming into line with change of attitude at border control.

Some consulates only issuing one setv etc.

I agree with you. Thai imm is a laughing stock. Would it be too hard to have rule such as max days in any given calendar year on visas and visa exempt etc. 

Becoming Russian roulette for frequent visitors. 

The problem is that it extends throughout all government departments because they have the discretion to apply their own rules.

I live in Chiang Mai Province, If I renew my drivers licence at the DLT head office in Chiang Mai I can use my Pink ID card as proof of residency, if I renew it at the local office they want a residency certificate from Immigration.

Just another cultural thing we westerners cannot comprehend.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tabarin said:

So you want to say, well behaving modern slaves, with only 4 weeks holiday a year, are welcome BUT those who can afford to holiday many months are not? //

They are welcomed, but Thai Immigration made clear in recent years that they "prefer" a lot that people staying long time in Thailand use Non Immigrant visas...

There is no written rule (that I know) but it's clearly what is happening.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tabarin said:

So you want to say, well behaving modern slaves, with only 4 weeks holiday a year, are welcome BUT those who can afford to holiday many months are not?
Since when is the definition of a Tourist bound to a certain length or duration? 

I agree with stating, if only visiting once a year, you have no problem BUT that doesn't justify this behaviour, aside of the Thai law not forbidding it. 
+ why hand out visa's to people if it is not legitimate?

Its just an observation. The question comes down to who is a tourist and who is living here? Clearly a very fluid subjective decision made by Thai Immigration. When I say millions of tourists come here with no problem I mean they come for 30 days or less, eat in restaurants, stay in hotels, and their possessions fit into a moderate size luggage bag. On the other hand if you have a bank account, a 1 year house/condo lease, a car, a Thai drivers license, more possessions than you can carry, and maybe a Thai family and children then you probably are not a tourist. There is a fairly big gap in between these poles and I for one think there should be a category for those, call them "long stay tourists". However that is apparently not the case now and people in that middle category should know that they are risk if they intend to return to Thailand.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tabarin said:
38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I made pancakes with sliced banana, ice cream and chocolate sauce for lunch, cost about 10bht.

The power of cooking at home; home made pizza with spinach and bacon + 2 cheeses at 30B. So now people know the margins hehe.

BS, unless your using the cheap miserable little bananas @10 baht a bunch 
Chocolate sauce some cheap cocoa
pizza dough base nothing

spinach cheap

bacon more expensive theres a pork shortage 

cheese more more expensive thailand is not a dairy country

either you guys are dishing out kiddie portions or oap specials
your prices are <deleted>
the power of cooking at home
OP showed a stamp no history doesnt say how many months hes had in 2019 or if its his first visit on the metv or second plus if hes extended 

without that info its a pointless post just as your kiddie meals

just like the ops post the ingredients figures dont add up

• Like 1
  • Confused 3