I had a multi-entry visa and they didn't accept it

26 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Then they should offer visa's that match those set-ups, which they don't. It only exist for 50+ people.
Don't tell me the Elite visa is that solution, that is a milk cow.

Aside of them having welcomed those same people for decades, took their money, and now refuse them. 
It is not like they didn't know this before, they did. It is called stabbing one in the back.

Then some say, people abused the system for years, I say nonsense again. They motivated people to do so, while being totally aware.
Wanting to become Thailand 4.0 (laughing), I understand they want to do it different now BUT then they should introduced proper visa options before declining people. Obviously I am talking to a wall expecting this, as there is no logic in this country.

Plus, they are more than happy to extend tourist visa's while the address is an apartment, never questioned.
It is simply selective behaviour by IO's at airports / borders, can't talk it good.

Whether you like it or not the long stay categories are:

Elite visa

over 50

marriage to a Thai

work permit

It was easier in the past. It is different now. Governments change. I'm from the US. The change in the US since 2016 is dramatic. Over time policies change and the transition period is painful particularly when the changes are more-or-less a surprise to those not on social media.

I'm all in favor for an update to the system for people currently left out in the cold. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thai consulates are not connected to imm. Its is common for consulate to issue a visa and border control (esp at airports) reject entry esp if passport reveals ongoing history of basically living in los

always remember having a visa is not a guarantee of entry

Just now, MadMuhammad said:

That is getting harder to obtain now with an extended history of entries/staying in Thailand. At most good for 1, maybe 2 years now

I've met two people who have used them and not attended any lessons, not really a surprise that they cracked down on it tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I've met two people who have used them and not attended any lessons, not really a surprise that they cracked down on it tbh.

I have one just like that and yes, I agree that the crackdown is warranted. For the record I am self taught and can converse and also read and write at a basic level.

2 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

What if you are only here 4-6 months per year , the same time every year ( Winter) is THAT long term in your book? That’s what many people would like to know and it’s what many people do each year once a year. An ELITE visa would be a stupid choice and ridiculously expensive. I say an METV is perfect for that and I’m about to see if my 5 th METV is accepted next week at BKK. I think it will be.  

They seem to be stating 180 days/6 months is the "limit", so what you have stated should be fine

8 minutes ago, SteveK said:

"Whether you like it or not the long stay categories are:

Elite visa

over 50

marriage to a Thai

work permit"

And education visa.

The education visa is long-ish - 15 months? Maybe get another one? Not something you want to use to stay with your family.

7 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

They seem to be stating 180 days/6 months is the "limit", so what you have stated should be fine

We’ll there is one resident expert who would completely disagree with you. He consistently says an METV was created mainly for ASEAN residents to have several “ short “ term stays only. I disagreed with him and my posts were deleted last time. It is NOT Ubon Joe and I want to make that perfectly clear. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

They are welcomed, but Thai Immigration made clear in recent years that they "prefer" a lot that people staying long time in Thailand use Non Immigrant visas...

There is no written rule (that I know) but it's clearly what is happening.

True , had number 6 in end august, 9.00 clock   entering bank for letter > Immigration jomtien (behind bank corner ..) and out at 9.30 ....just sat down chair... as called for proceedings already and granted (as full documentation correct with me )

Ret.Ext  the way to go to have no problems 

same this last week for a re-entry ...in and out not 5 minutes with proper documents filled in ...

All this Jomtien I.O.

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

The difference in cost between a METV and an SETV is around 4000 baht, so you have been fleeced, seeing as I very highly doubt they returned the difference to you!

Yet another story of Thai immigration which should be made public.

Usually IOs don't touch visas, also when they deny people, these people get to keep there visas and can use it at another entry point.

OP was asked for a picture of his visa, which he didn't provide yet, so i assume they didn't actually change his visa to a single entry, maybe he just understood something wrong. I could imagine that an IO told him some nonsense like: "I made a note in the system, the next time you can not enter with this visa", but actually the IO didn't do anything.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tabarin said:

Then they should offer visa's that match those set-ups, which they don't. It only exist for 50+ people.
Don't tell me the Elite visa is that solution, that is a milk cow.

Aside of them having welcomed those same people for decades, took their money, and now refuse them. 
It is not like they didn't know this before, they did. It is called stabbing one in the back.

Then some say, people abused the system for years, I say nonsense again. They motivated people to do so, while being totally aware.
Wanting to become Thailand 4.0 (laughing), I understand they want to do it different now BUT then they should introduced proper visa options before declining people. Obviously I am talking to a wall expecting this, as there is no logic in this country.

Plus, they are more than happy to extend tourist visa's while the address is an apartment, never questioned.
It is simply selective behaviour by IO's at airports / borders, can't talk it good.

corrupt officials being....corrupt.... the shock and awe i tell you. 

i had a friend was a big baseball player....back in high school

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

corrupt officials being....corrupt.... the shock and awe i tell you. 

Ok Sherlock, glad you bring us the news. However the issue today is, they do not always take bribes for access anymore too.

Brilliant steered it away from METV
To a shopping list with prices no less ????

I'm veggie so din't touch the bacon
I'm cheap so I get the yellow reduced label milk @ tesco's ????  for my healthy multigrain vegetarian lifestyle , Ive tried the soya on my oats theres limits to what a man can endure

Lets put a bit of perspective
50 dead chinese on a boat in phuket out of 10 million thats pretty low
under normal circumstances PRC would be very unhappy no other nation has killed as many Chinese in recent times, they don't like that. 

OP showed us his stamp 
was it first visit on the METV or second 
how long has he been here in 2019 
did he ext

out of the remaining 20 million visitors the number of refused troublesome entries is damned small
TVF is a pretty small universe 

my last passport was like a thai visa stamp book collection
got pulled hassled once cnx still got in 
didnt have 20k got marched to atm though
did have an exit ticket

never had an ed, non o- ret, always exempt or setv actually had a few detv ah the good old days.
endless border runs in out $10 or 500 baht good old uncle sam discount

just go with the flow dont sweat it 
most refusals come without adequate back stories

we dont know what attitude they gave the io

oh, & not a brothel addict 
its durian for me along with a multitude of other fruits
never set foot in sin city

Edited by andy72
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Ok Sherlock, glad you bring us the news. However the issue today is, they do not always take bribes for access anymore too.

i am jacks complete lack of surprise.

refer back to the bosses lyrics for further insight. 

6 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

He should open a garden restaurant (with his gf as a front ????   )

Actually in progress of opening a food delivery service for reasonable prices, but no inside seating.
No need for a front, will need the staff as I am a terrible cook and my wife is too busy (cooking at home).

Edited by tabarin

34 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well then I hope you are at one of those places right now, posting on the UndertheBrigeVisa forum and telling folks how crappy their lives are and how you have it so good in a thousand other places

Do as I say, not as I do my friend. Seems to be a common theme in Thailand 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

always remember having a visa is not a guarantee of entry

Also, remember that buying a train ticket is no guarantee of being able to board a train. The railway police might decide to arrest you, accuse you of an offence you did not commit, and have you deported back to your home country. Of course, one would hope the railway police would not be permitted by their superiors to do this.

• Like 2