I had a multi-entry visa and they didn't accept it

3 hours ago, onera1961 said:

I don't think there is any need for his Thailand visit history. Thai IOs have become very adept at spotting people living in Thailand. I think bottom line is they really don't care if you have money or not, working illegally or not, they're simply trying to reduce people living in Thailand on Tourist visa. People with self respect will stop living in Thailand on Tourist visas but addicts will sneak in trhough land borders. 

How about those living here on multi o visas (marriage) or retirement visas?

2 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

How about those living here on multi o visas (marriage) or retirement visas?

For non-o multiple entry, I would not be surprised if eventually they crackdown on those who stay here full time without doing an extension and only do border bounce every 90 days. Best be prepared by having easy access to 400-800K if needed. 

4 hours ago, hereforgood said:

Well that makes a whole lot of sense doesn't it? Yes please send us your passport we're happy to issue your Visa you may not be able to use it of course we don't care we've got your money you've got a Visa that will be unusable if they decide they don't want to let you in. Next

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

It is the same with the U.S. If the consulate here issues any type of visa to enter America, the Customs and Border Protection officials at the ports of entry did not have to permit entry -- for any reason or no reason. 

• Like 1

Endless discussions about people who think they are entitled to spend as long as they want in this country.

I got denied too (my last visa) and I accept it as it is. It is their country - they decide how long they think it appropriate for us to stay here. Your money, your wishes, preferences etc. do not matter to them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

but can no longer control myself.

Age, incontinence its just part of getting old part of the senior moments in life

i would just like say i would never take anyone's words out of context or in any way insinuate verbal diarrhea

2 hours ago, tabarin said:

Guess you are just clueless, flour is nearly free (Australian), spinach is nearly free. Bacon per 1KG is super cheap in Makro. Frozen 2 mix cheese is 350B per KG in Makro.
Maybe you have to stop buying your groceries in 7/11.

Clueless I may be but I shop at Tesco, Macros just a tad bargain basement for me 
On Offer this week Flour  special offer Nearly free ????????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

Just wanted to ask, do you really mean it when you say "truly"?

well when he says it like i truly feel sorry for you its not quite the same as i feel sorry for you, truly
or even i feel truly sorry for you 

hence i can see the confusion and the need for verification

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thai consulates are not connected to imm. Its is common for consulate to issue a visa and border control (esp at airports) reject entry esp if passport reveals ongoing history of basically living in los

actually as soon as you get a tourist visa from the embassy, there is no legal base to deny you for no reason, so they just make up stuff like suspicion of work, no funds to support someone and if all this doesn't work they will just claim you stayed too long already. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SteveK said:

"Whether you like it or not the long stay categories are:

Elite visa

over 50

marriage to a Thai

work permit"

And education visa.

I don't would count an education visa as a long stay solution.

But if you have the money you could use the Investment extension, which is in the same category as married or retirement!

Wow! Another refusal case. I am seeing a lot of these posts daily.

It seems that the days of visa/border runs are over for 'tourists'.

Why do immigration force one to buy return ticket when the fault ain't ours? After all, you already had a tourist visa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Why do immigration force one to buy return ticket when the fault ain't ours?

They don't "force" anything, but some people are dumb enough to sign papers without thinking of the ramifications :coffee1:

21 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Why do immigration force one to buy return ticket when the fault ain't ours? After all, you already had a tourist visa.

Some people buy their own return tickets, and some people pay 1000 baht for immigration to visit their home, uninformed people will always be parted from their money in one way or another.

5 hours ago, tabarin said:

Then they should offer visa's that match those set-ups, which they don't. It only exist for 50+ people.
Don't tell me the Elite visa is that solution, that is a milk cow.

Aside of them having welcomed those same people for decades, took their money, and now refuse them. 
It is not like they didn't know this before, they did. It is called stabbing one in the back.

Then some say, people abused the system for years, I say nonsense again. They motivated people to do so, while being totally aware.
Wanting to become Thailand 4.0 (laughing), I understand they want to do it different now BUT then they should introduced proper visa options before declining people. Obviously I am talking to a wall expecting this, as there is no logic in this country.

Plus, they are more than happy to extend tourist visa's while the address is an apartment, never questioned.
It is simply selective behaviour by IO's at airports / borders, can't talk it good.

Say what! Explain what does your home country afford Thai tourists. With my Thai partner we visit Japan twice a year as Thai can obtain 15 day visa exempt. Even then the return fight is required to get on the departing flight. Have taken her to OZ many times. That was MANY page application with me as sponsor. I give up trying to take her to Europe etc. Just too hard. 

Even with her multi entry 12 to Au....do you think I could fly her to say Singapore for w/e then return. Do 4 times in a year. NO!

Get over yourself. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CH1961 said:

Never heard about Elite-Visa holder was refused to enter LOS ????

We had an elite visa holder here who got banned because thailand elite didn't do their job, if he would try to enter Thailand again he would be refused ????

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

It's not obvious that you are not at fault. Having a tourist visa doesn't make you faultless. A visa does not ensure your entry Nor is it the airlines fault unless they let you on board when they knew they shouldn't have. However, I don't understand why they don't let you go wherever you want to go as long as it is not Thailand. Being forced to fly back to the UK or the US is unnecessary and I suspect most people would pick a cheaper nearby country to figure out their next steps.