I had a multi-entry visa and they didn't accept it

39 minutes ago, BritTim said:

My suspicion is that there is no actual change to the visa. However, if he tries to enter again at the same airport using this visa, they may well deny him entry. I suspect they were trying to claim that he would not be admitted at any crossing using this visa, which I believe is currently not true.

Is my suspicion also

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 2:50 AM, Klaus77 said:

ok someone don't believe in me . I Will show my multientry visa

IMG_20191014_024632.jpg

In your OP, you wrote this:

"they forced me to book the exit ticket for Malaysia and they made me a stamp where they converted my multi-entry visa from a single entry."

I still don't see that ominous stamp that "converted" your multi-entry visa to a single-entry one.

The reason why people have trouble believing this is because that has never been reported by anyone else. All I see is your unaltered visa and a regular entry stamp.

Edited by Caldera
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Caldera said:

In your OP, you wrote this:

"they forced me to book the exit ticket for Malaysia and they made me a stamp where they converted my multi-entry visa from a single entry."

I still don't see that ominous stamp that "converted" your multi-entry visa to a single-entry one.

It could be a misunderstanding. Perhaps the OP is not familiar with METVs, thinking that he should have gotten a '6-month-stamp', but of course a METV only gives permission to stay 60 days at a time.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:14 AM, SteveK said:

The difference in cost between a METV and an SETV is around 4000 baht, so you have been fleeced, seeing as I very highly doubt they returned the difference to you!

Yet another story of Thai immigration which should be made public.

it was made public ????

10 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

It could be a misunderstanding. Perhaps the OP is not familiar with METVs, thinking that he should have gotten a '6-month-stamp', but of course a METV only gives permission to stay 60 days at a time.

I too suspect this is the situation. You do not get 6 months in one shot. It's 2 months which you can extend for one month after which you must leave the country and then can repeat to get another 2+1 months which as we all know is at the IO's discretion.

• Like 1

from time to time, people post here about how they were "deported / stopped / denied entry"

in thai airports, telling us how well they behaved all those years and the advanced degrees

they hold from several universities.

i must come to the deffence of thai immigration , based on my experience.

i was also told by immigration officers in thailand that i come to thailand

too many times on tourist /waiver visas, and that if i will continue to do so,

they will deny my entry.

so i kept on doing so and i was warned again and again, until i understood...the nice way.

that is, i understood i better issue the right kind of visa.

so it must be mentioned, to the deffence of thai immigration authorities, that they

do give all the right warnings on time, nobody is denied entry just like that

out of the blue.

all the people who come to complain here about how they were denied entry and how

"thailand no like falang anymore" are just talking nonsense.

The thai immigration authorities are quite fair when dealing with most visitors

and give them the right - and kind - amount of warnings before denying their entry.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Frankly, I do not think they want us influencing their women folk. It is a terrible thing to gain knowledge and perspective. 

I’ve thought this for many years plus the fact that a farang can rock up to any town in Thailand and pull the best looking women effortlessly.

Likewise with the Japanese and Koreans but we are further down the pecking order. Simmering resentment towards foreigners exists in most Thai males especially the younger generations.

• Haha 1

I’ve thought this for many years plus the fact that a farang can rock up to any town in Thailand and pull the best looking women effortlessly.
Likewise with the Japanese and Koreans but we are further down the pecking order. Simmering resentment towards foreigners exists in most Thai males especially the younger generations.

If a farang can pull the best looking women effortlessly, why do so many go to Pattaya, Nana , Cowboy and pay for the pleasure?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

He probably means the best looking women in the eye of a 70+ year old foreigner.

When looking at it from a Thai perspective, it are more the kind of women in who Thai men are not interested anymore.

Thai men?

No comment needed.

9 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

If a farang can pull the best looking women effortlessly, why do so many go to Pattaya, Nana , Cowboy and pay for the pleasure?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I really don’t know any farangs going to Pattaya, Nana, Cowboy paying for pleasure, you sound like you might.

Up to them but not many farangs in the places you mentioned according to ThaiVisa, apart from yourself or rather people you may know, wink.

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2019 at 9:37 PM, twocatsmac said:

I really don’t know any farangs going to Pattaya, Nana, Cowboy paying for pleasure, you sound like you might.

Up to them but not many farangs in the places you mentioned according to ThaiVisa, apart from yourself or rather people you may know, wink.

Those locales are almost entirely populated by short-term vacationers who have no issues with immigration.  They don't have time for the "wine and dine" / relationship routine.  Those are the folks whom immigration views as the "good tourists." 

By contrast, those supporting Thai wives and families are given hell getting extensions at many offices, unless paying them off via an agent.   Those with savings or offshore incomes who are not married to a Thai have few long-term options - all involving payoffs of some sort, including the ED option.  For now, they can still stay on serial-TR Visas + 2 Visa-Exempts per-year, but only if entering ONLY at law-abiding entry-points, and getting a new passport every year or so.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

ME Non O visas have started to become an issue to even obtain in some country's. That will solve that issue

In other words, many Thai families will be broken-up needlessly, and smaller businesses - many in small villages - will loose their best customers.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, cerox said:

Endless discussions about people who think they are entitled to spend as long as they want in this country.

I got denied too (my last visa) and I accept it as it is. It is their country - they decide how long they think it appropriate for us to stay here. Your money, your wishes, preferences etc. do not matter to them.

No, we only wish the LAWS of the country were followed - not the whims of various officials, with unknowable made-up rules.  Denying entry based on a lie is not following the law. 

To avoid problems one needs to enter at entry-points where the Actual Published Laws are used.  These still exist, but are less-convenient, so people roll the dice (or don't know about the corruption and lawlessness) and some of those lose the gamble.  This is what happened to the OP.  If he used a law-abiding entry point, there would have been no issue at all.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 7:54 AM, TSF said:

Seems they aren't welcoming anywhere. I now deter anybody from visiting Thailand for tourism...and as for those people who are planning on coming in the near future for retirement and long stays...must have rocks in your heads.

yes youre right i come here 4 or 5 times a year but now no thanks as white tourists are not welcome it seems bars and restaurants closing too im off elsewhere i booked for other places in asia .Their goverment is not the most welcoming im afraid and i hope that they pay for it in the future .

• Haha 1

Anyway I must doing a student visa

I will go to Penang the next month to take this visa and I paid already the school 20.000 bath for 6 month

Is not possible to stay more than two months with my multientry tourist visa!!! This is the truth

I went many time to Krabi immigration