Elon Musk Brands Himself An ‘Idiot’ In Thai Cave Rescue Defamation Lawsuit

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Tesla is by far the finest electric car ever invented. So he deserves alot of credit for that. Name a better electric car. The Prius was first. But it is a hybrid and not nearly as nice a car. 

The tax credits were a federally funded program that made alot of sense. It is now finished. Still in place for some other electric cars, but not the Tesla. 

As a taxpayer I would rather have my taxes used to subsidize electric cars than buy missiles used to kill Yemeni mothers and children. 

Little correction Musk not have invented electric car, for finest yes but peoples work for him, Musk not have invented noting, many peoples believed is a genius, he only another Ponzi.

Musk I doubt she cared about saving the boys, the only thing that he wanted was to cultivate her false reputation as a genius for his business and above all for his stupid shareholders who fell into the most classic Ponzi trap.

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

There those who talk and those who do.

Musk has being able to disrupt and Change the Automotive industry.with Tesla. 

Resurrect US's space program withs SpaceX

Start a program for going to  Mars

Starlink has launched the first 300 satellite in a program to provide fast speed internet connection to everyone anywhere in the world. A game changer!!

IMO not bad for a "slick willy"   So he got piised off , said something inappropriate, 

Let him amongst as who has never done, throw the first stone. 

He has wronged and will pay!! Mostly with change found under the cushions of his couch LOL.

and he is only 48 years old!!! 

Come on guys let's  give credit where credit is due. 

If you could all hear some of the things I call you all when I am <deleted> off...... or if I could hear some of the things some of you are calling me now. LOL 

Having said all of the above , He should not had said what he said, he should apologize, and pay a fair amount.

22 hours ago, monkfish said:

Because he wasn't a diver that's the fact divers risked their lives he didn't big diff.
Call him local Caving Expert, Adviser, Helper if you like but not diver.

Talk about splitting hairs? I suppose you would like to see it in brackets in the account of the rescue:-

" Diving expert Vernon Unsworth was there but on this occasion he didn't actually dive"

On 10/11/2019 at 7:41 PM, Myran said:

Never understood the cult following of this guy or why people are branding him a genius. All of "his" ideas were invented years ago, including electric cars, rockets that can land and trains running in vacuum tubes (something invented decades ago, and which he hilariously enough said he wanted to file a patent for in an interview).

And no, he didn't successfully popularize electric cars, or his company wouldn't be hemorrhaging money every year at the expense of tax-payers' money.

His company is only surviving due to "green" grants and tax reduction benefits.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, Myran said:

Never understood the cult following of this guy or why people are branding him a genius. All of "his" ideas were invented years ago, including electric cars, rockets that can land and trains running in vacuum tubes (something invented decades ago, and which he hilariously enough said he wanted to file a patent for in an interview).

And no, he didn't successfully popularize electric cars, or his company wouldn't be hemorrhaging money every year at the expense of tax-payers' money.

With your great knowledge and brain you have done what with all of these “ideas” invented years ago? And what tax-payer money is funding Tesla?  

Yes businesses do hemorrhage money and that is why we have investors and investment bankers and Risk-Reward companies like Amazon, Federal Express, Uber, airlines, etc. And why some people are successful investors and businessmen and end up worth lots of money while others barely survive in Thailand and throw stones at the risk takers who make it big. 

On 10/11/2019 at 4:56 PM, canuckamuck said:

Well Vern took the feel good story of the year and used his spotlight moment to <deleted> all over Elon's spirited and expensive efforts to help out.

would have been a feel good story thing if it were a thought through proposal taking into account the local circumstances and in consultation with the people on, or under, the ground .
In my humble opinion, as the invention offered concerned a device not suitable for the situation, it was a distraction of the rescue team from their efforts, with the goal to brush up the image of the person by offering with pomp and circumstance the unneeded and in this case useless device.

Surely, given the stress that the rescuers worked under, a somewhat undiplomatically worded but in any case rather frank opinion was ventilated.
The response does not deserve comments even, well below standard in any decent society.

As I read today, it seems the Brit went to court with a 75.000 compensation demand.
I say good for him, not out to get rich, but just not accepting that a person who thinks he is an influence worldwide, with an probably inflated ego ( I am not a psychiatrist so do not quote me on that ), thinks he can get away with any misconduct at will.

Also hope the Judge will award more,
and would not be surprised if Mr. Vern would donate to a good cause, just to underscore his point to the famous person..

$75k and punitive damages from what I’ve read. Hopefully Vern gets a nice chunk just for grief is nothing more...

Musk should meet face to face with Vern offer a sincere apology 

then ask Vern how much will help correct a wrong... Musk double it

and walk away learning a lesson... hopefully 

1 minute ago, lust said:

Yeah, he’s only a billionaire entrepreneur building rocket ships and super speed tunnels to ease traffic. And you? Your life achievements? Thaivisa moderator?

Did Musk actually earn his money through his businesses making a profit or did his money come from other investors and governments giving him the money in the hope that his ideas eventually make a profit ? ? 

6 hours ago, Chazar said:

I understand quite  well enough. Point being to the other poster when one hurls an insult as in me  calling him an ASS he responds, what the response is  is  irrelevant, its to point out  youll get a response.

No, theres a huge difference between Vern making rude comments and Musk making allegations of law breaking .

Its legally Acceptable too be rude, its against the law to falsely accuse someone of breaking the law   

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Did Musk actually earn his money through his businesses making a profit or did his money come from other investors and governments giving him the money in the hope that his ideas eventually make a profit ? ? 

He was the cofounder of PayPal. You can read more about his successes on wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

1 minute ago, lust said:

He was the cofounder of PayPal. You can read more about his successes on wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

No he didnt .

PayPal was established in December 1998 as Confinity,[17] a company that developed security software for handheld devices.[18] PayPal was founded by six persons:[19] Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek, Ken Howery,[17][20] Yu Pan and Russel Simmons.[19] PayPal was developed and launched as a money transfer service at Confinity in 1999, funded by John Malloy from BlueRun Ventures.[21][22]

In March 2000, Confinity merged with X.com, an online banking company founded by Elon Musk.[23] Musk was optimistic about the future success of the money transfer business Confinity was developing.[24] Musk and then-president and CEO of X.com, Bill Harris, disagreed on this point and Harris left the company in May 2000.[24] In October of that year, Musk made the decision that X.com would terminate its other Internet banking operations and focus on the PayPal money service.[25] In the same month, Elon Musk was replaced by Peter Thiel as CEO of X.com. The X.com company was then renamed PayPal in 2001,[26] and expanded rapidly throughout the year until company executives decided to take PayPal public in 2002.[20][27] Paypal's IPO listed under the ticker PYPL at $13 per share and ended up generating over $61 million.[28]

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No he didnt .

PayPal was established in December 1998 as Confinity,[17] a company that developed security software for handheld devices.[18] PayPal was founded by six persons:[19] Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek, Ken Howery,[17][20] Yu Pan and Russel Simmons.[19] PayPal was developed and launched as a money transfer service at Confinity in 1999, funded by John Malloy from BlueRun Ventures.[21][22]

In March 2000, Confinity merged with X.com, an online banking company founded by Elon Musk.[23] Musk was optimistic about the future success of the money transfer business Confinity was developing.[24] Musk and then-president and CEO of X.com, Bill Harris, disagreed on this point and Harris left the company in May 2000.[24] In October of that year, Musk made the decision that X.com would terminate its other Internet banking operations and focus on the PayPal money service.[25] In the same month, Elon Musk was replaced by Peter Thiel as CEO of X.com. The X.com company was then renamed PayPal in 2001,[26] and expanded rapidly throughout the year until company executives decided to take PayPal public in 2002.[20][27] Paypal's IPO listed under the ticker PYPL at $13 per share and ended up generating over $61 million.[28]

Ok ????

4 hours ago, sambum said:

Talk about splitting hairs? I suppose you would like to see it in brackets in the account of the rescue:-

" Diving expert Vernon Unsworth was there but on this occasion he didn't actually dive"

Nope no need to split hairs because he's not a diver simple as that.

14 hours ago, Chazar said:

No  but i might  tell you to shove it up yer ass

Impolite, but it proves my point. I might think you a bit of an idiot with regard to your posting history, as there is evidence of that.

But I would never stoop so low as to call you a paedophile without any evidence whatsoever.

Your earlier attempts to equate their behaviour are out of order, in my opinion.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:43 AM, PJPom said:

Hooray, are we finally going to see an end to what should have been a schoolyard spat. 
The internet is a fantastic invention giving the ability to everyone to share their views but it refutes the old saying of sticks and stones, it can and does cause hurt. 
Vernon came out with an unwarranted comment and Musk bit hard and the spat was on and it grew and grew due to people having nothing better to do than repeat it.
Think before you hit send,  it could save you a lot of grief,  are you listening?.

I agree, Vernon disparaged Musks rescue canister as a useless PR stunt. It was game on after that. 

16 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Did he finish that court case yet? I can understand the English guy's attempt to get money but really, at the end of the day...he is kinda petty. Oh no someone called me something...ha. The guy is married right? Why not just brush it off?

Because those accusations can ruin a persons life and also put him in physical danger , especially in the UK where suspected pedos are in danger of getting attacked  

7 hours ago, nausea said:

I'm into Latin at the moment and the phrase "Nullum unquam exstitit magnum ingenium sine aliqua dementia" springs to mind.

Personally, I prefer " Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses".

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

Did he finish that court case yet? I can understand the English guy's attempt to get money but really, at the end of the day...he is kinda petty. Oh no someone called me something...ha. The guy is married right? Why not just brush it off?

Aaahhh...hang on.....would it be ok if I posted your picture on a few different forums with the caption Paedophile on it? 

Just asking for your written permission.

Of course, you can just brush it off. So...is it ok?

The difference between Musk and a choice few of the posters here, is that at least Musk has acknowledged that he is an idiot.

Though of course he is only acknowledging he is an idiot because he was stupid enough to put it in writing to the Buzzfeed reporter.

That makes it indisputable that his meaning was not just some harmless insult that they used in South African school playgrounds, but that he actually meant paedophile in it's normal sense.

This was no tit for tat, but a sustained assault. He did his best to malign Vernon and then dared Vernon to sue, in the hope that he would not as he might have 'skeletons in the cupboard'.

He lost that bet. It was a dirty trick and he failed on every front. Som naam na!

So the few sycophants who attempt to claim that Vernon is suing for the money surely know that they have it all wrong.

If Vernon did not not accept Musk's challenge, most everyone here could have thought there was some substance behind the allegations.

He had no choice but to take up the gauntlet. Now Musk has to be a man and accept the consequences of his despicable actions.

But instead, he wriggles like a worm. That is low class. Birds of a feather flock together covers what I think of anyone who supports Musk's actions, in any way.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Because those accusations can ruin a persons life and also put him in physical danger , especially in the UK where suspected pedos are in danger of getting attacked  

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

Aaahhh...hang on.....would it be ok if I posted your picture on a few different forums with the caption Paedophile on it? 

Just asking for your written permission.

Of course, you can just brush it off. So...is it ok?

Yeah, you're right.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

No he didnt .

This is how high tech companies develop. Who's who is usually determined by share holdings, Musk was the largest share  holder of Paypal when it was sold.

In October 2002, PayPal was acquired by eBay for US$1.5 billion in stock, of which Musk received US$165 million. Before its sale, Musk, who was the company's largest shareholder, owned 11.7% of PayPal's shares.  [wiki]

His first big company Zip2 was acquired by Compaq for $340 million in 1999. Now he has a net worth close to $20 billion.

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

This is how high tech companies develop. Who's who is usually determined by share holdings, Musk was the largest share  holder of Paypal when it was sold.

In October 2002, PayPal was acquired by eBay for US$1.5 billion in stock, of which Musk received US$165 million. Before its sale, Musk, who was the company's largest shareholder, owned 11.7% of PayPal's shares.  [wiki]

His first big company Zip2 was acquired by Compaq for $340 million in 1999. Now he has a net worth close to $20 billion.

Musk may be rich , he may have some good ideas .

He is also a dishonest liar who wont admit to his lies , he just tells even bigger lies to cover his previous lies .

He stubbornly refuses to admit to any wrong doing  , just lies to hide his wrong doing .

He has numerous flaws to his character and not a person to be trusted 

When Unsworth told CNN in an interview that Musk could, " Stick his submarine where it hurts", he opened the door to being ridiculed for his degrading and mean spirited remark.  He didn't like what he got back in return and cried foul and said Musk was "picking" on him.  He can dish the dirt out but can't take it when it comes back to him.  So he gets the "<deleted> idiot" award first.  

3 hours ago, waders123 said:

When Unsworth told CNN in an interview that Musk could, " Stick his submarine where it hurts", he opened the door to being ridiculed for his degrading and mean spirited remark.  He didn't like what he got back in return and cried foul and said Musk was "picking" on him.  He can dish the dirt out but can't take it when it comes back to him.  So he gets the "<deleted> idiot" award first.  

Two very different things .

Musk extremely over reacted and used all his powers to try and destroy someone for a minor comment 

20 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Two very different things .

Musk extremely over reacted and used all his powers to try and destroy someone for a minor comment 

I am somewhat familiar with the story , but not overly familiar. Other than the comment, how did he use his power to destroy Unsworth ?

Archived