Elon Musk Brands Himself An ‘Idiot’ In Thai Cave Rescue Defamation Lawsuit

webfact

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am somewhat familiar with the story , but not overly familiar. Other than the comment, how did he use his power to destroy Unsworth ?

Stating that he was a pedo who married a 12 year old girl .

Musk stated that on his twitter account and hes got 20 odd million followers .

Vern would have been ostracised by the whole World had he not taken legal action to clear his name 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Vern would have been ostracised by the whole World had he not taken legal action to clear his name 

Tells you more about the "state of  the world" than anything else.

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Parents wanting to protect their children ?

No people who "believe" anything without some evidence and not tittle  tattle which Thailand thrives on but is  more  prevalent in the lunatic world of social media where virtually everything appears to be a  fact these days.

1 minute ago, Chazar said:

No people who "believe" anything without some evidence and not tittle  tattle which Thailand thrives on but is  more  prevalent in the lunatic world of social media where virtually everything appears to be a  fact these days.

Musk was quite insistent that Vern was guilty and he made the accusation numerous times and Musk suggested that he had evidence to back his claims up .

This was a direct allegation, rather than just "tittle-tattle"

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Musk was quite insistent that Vern was guilty and he made the accusation numerous times and Musk suggested that he had evidence to back his claims up .

This was a direct allegation, rather than just "tittle-tattle"

it WAS  tittle  tattle by an idiot who should  have known better in a position of influence......let me ask you this, did YOU for one second think Vernon was  paedophile when Musk mentioned it? I certainly  didnt.

Theres so much cr ap  on the internet now its almost overwhelming, it used to be a great resource back in the 1990's  for finding things  out, now its  full of stupid idiots pumping out <deleted> from homeopathy to  you name it  videos.

1 minute ago, Chazar said:

it WAS  tittle  tattle by an idiot who should  have known better in a position of influence......let me ask you this, did YOU for one second think Vernon was  paedophile when Musk mentioned it? I certainly  didnt.

Theres so much cr ap  on the internet now its almost overwhelming, it used to be a great resource back in the 1990's  for finding things  out, now its  full of stupid idiots pumping out <deleted> from homeopathy to  you name it  videos.

I didnt at first  , but after Musks continuous insistence that Vern was , I thought that Musk must know something  

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I didnt at first  , but after Musks continuous insistence that Vern was , I thought that Musk must know something  

Fair enough, I didnt, I thought he was  just  <deleted> at being told his sub was <deleted> in a rather impolite  way.

There has been so  much of this paedo stuff in the Uk at one point everyone and his dog was a frikkin paedophile, whilst some were prevalent the vast majority were not, more media hype.

Elon Musk used to talk.... at the drop of a hat.... on why he started all of his businesses, Climate Change as a near-term extinction event.  but since Tesla sales began to be a real thing along with Spacex he copped out socially.... plus for very very obvious marketing reasons.

in earlier times he wasn't at all sure Tesla or Spacex would survive at all.  it's true. so just around the time before his big Mexico talk on Mars some years ago...he swung almost 180 degrees and today is an Al Gore/Greta Thunberg type.

my "copped out socially" comment should be obvious but if it ain't... it is impossible to talk about Climate Change socially unless you talk silly like Al Gore or Greta Thunberg as if it were merely a fashion or political thing.  not the hard core science, which Elon goes by or... just shuts his mouth if it would kill his chances of genuine success. which is not so idiotic. but is girlie man. 

for folks who use psychobabble to dismiss anything they don't like, in another words, girlie men.... and are ready to dusmiss what Inam saying, not just about Musk either, as a "conspiracy theory" rant or alarmism, they teach this stuff in B school.  for accounting majors like myself, who also studied oceanography believe it or not, it is called "OB" which is short for organizational behavior... or you can switch majors to something called "marketing"... and then it's not a Conspiracy Theory nor rant at all.

Musk is just another fat American, I really doubt he will even ever try to launch his own butt off on one of hus rocket ships.

it's so lame, the USA too, where some folks say we should visit the planets.  aside from the smallish dead planet of Mars that only leaves two terrestrials one of which, our sister, which had an ocean on it too at one time, is now 500 Celsius yet not much closer to "The Sun" than we are.  the same nonsense talk like Chinese Hoax or Plant Food.  "man" should explore other planets.  but because of the speed of light thingy, that means Mercury? that is quite idiotic. so yeah, an everyday Amerikeen idiot.  Elon tiwing the socially acceptable line in the USA... anything but talk tgat is "too serious" which not even Greta Thunberg the media darling ever has even cone close to, in specific real action suggestions... to scale and in time.  duh.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:01 PM, webfact said:

Billionaire Elon Musk has described himself as “an ... idiot” for his handling of the PR disaster that followed from his tweet calling a British cave diver “pedo guy” in 2018

A little self-reflection might do him some good.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, Myran said:

Never understood the cult following of this guy or why people are branding him a genius. All of "his" ideas were invented years ago, including electric cars, rockets that can land and trains running in vacuum tubes (something invented decades ago, and which he hilariously enough said he wanted to file a patent for in an interview).

And no, he didn't successfully popularize electric cars, or his company wouldn't be hemorrhaging money every year at the expense of tax-payers' money.

He has the balls to throw lots of money into worthwhile projects, Kudos to him!

All this and many other 'episodes' with the new IT Barons like Musk, confirms my belief that the modern silly IT revolution (social media) has spawned idiotic industry Barons (those who got rich with a product/service millions bought).  Paypal, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, etc - they are all idiots who got very lucky.  Unlike previous Barons like Ford, Vanderbilt, Morgan etc. who made their wealth providing 'real' products and services that (mainly) advanced western industrial society, these new Barons are as vacuous and silly as their 'products and sevices'.

1 hour ago, WeekendRaider said:

Elon Musk used to talk.... at the drop of a hat.... on why he started all of his businesses, Climate Change as a near-term extinction event.  but since Tesla sales began to be a real thing along with Spacex he copped out socially.... plus for very very obvious marketing reasons.

in earlier times he wasn't at all sure Tesla or Spacex would survive at all.  it's true. so just around the time before his big Mexico talk on Mars some years ago...he swung almost 180 degrees and today is an Al Gore/Greta Thunberg type.

my "copped out socially" comment should be obvious but if it ain't... it is impossible to talk about Climate Change socially unless you talk silly like Al Gore or Greta Thunberg as if it were merely a fashion or political thing.  not the hard core science, which Elon goes by or... just shuts his mouth if it would kill his chances of genuine success. which is not so idiotic. but is girlie man. 

for folks who use psychobabble to dismiss anything they don't like, in another words, girlie men.... and are ready to dusmiss what Inam saying, not just about Musk either, as a "conspiracy theory" rant or alarmism, they teach this stuff in B school.  for accounting majors like myself, who also studied oceanography believe it or not, it is called "OB" which is short for organizational behavior... or you can switch majors to something called "marketing"... and then it's not a Conspiracy Theory nor rant at all.

Musk is just another fat American, I really doubt he will even ever try to launch his own butt off on one of hus rocket ships.

it's so lame, the USA too, where some folks say we should visit the planets.  aside from the smallish dead planet of Mars that only leaves two terrestrials one of which, our sister, which had an ocean on it too at one time, is now 500 Celsius yet not much closer to "The Sun" than we are.  the same nonsense talk like Chinese Hoax or Plant Food.  "man" should explore other planets.  but because of the speed of light thingy, that means Mercury? that is quite idiotic. so yeah, an everyday Amerikeen idiot.  Elon tiwing the socially acceptable line in the USA... anything but talk tgat is "too serious" which not even Greta Thunberg the media darling ever has even cone close to, in specific real action suggestions... to scale and in time.  duh.

Musk is South African. His father South African. His mother Canadian-South African. The rest of your post is just difficult to read. If you don't mind, I won't try again.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:41 PM, Myran said:

Never understood the cult following of this guy or why people are branding him a genius. All of "his" ideas were invented years ago, including electric cars, rockets that can land and trains running in vacuum tubes (something invented decades ago, and which he hilariously enough said he wanted to file a patent for in an interview).

And no, he didn't successfully popularize electric cars, or his company wouldn't be hemorrhaging money every year at the expense of tax-payers' money.

You obviously have never driven a Tesla. Enough said!

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

No he didn't say that on Twitter and you know it!
That's what he wrote in a private Email to a Buzzfeed reporter stop trying to twist the facts.

2 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

You obviously have never driven a Tesla. Enough said!

What? If you're going to respond to my comments, please make sure what you're about to write actually has some sort of connection with what I wrote. Thanks.

And yes, I have driven a Tesla, though admittedly an older version. Great car, but that has nothing to do with what I wrote.

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

That's what he wrote in a private Email to a Buzzfeed reporter stop trying to twist the facts.

You seen to be missing the point that by stating what he did to the BuzzFeed reporter Musk made a publication of legally defamatory statement, actionable under California law.

8 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You seen to be missing the point that by stating what he did to the BuzzFeed reporter Musk made a publication of legally defamatory statement, actionable under California law.

No idea about California Law

but the point is he didn't Tweet it to 20 Odd Million people (as stated) it was said in a Private Email it wasn't a publication as you state.
So let's keep to the facts and stop making them up as the poster always does.

40 minutes ago, monkfish said:

No idea about California Law

but the point is he didn't Tweet it to 20 Odd Million people (as stated) it was said in a Private Email it wasn't a publication as you state.

It wasn't a publication under California law? You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

According to the California Civil Procedure Code:

A publication means communication to some third person who understands the defamatory meaning of the statement and its application to the person to whom reference is made.

A publication need not be to the public at large. A communication to a single person is sufficient.

https://www.shouselaw.com/personal-injury/defamation.html#2.1

3 hours ago, monkfish said:

A mere mistake on my part, wasnt trying to twist facts.

Musk did state on his twitter accountant that Vern was a pedo and Musk also tried to get the media to report that Vern married a 12 year old girl by feeding them false information .

2 hours ago, monkfish said:

I reject that allegation .

I do not "always" make things up .

I have explained that I got my details wrong , but what I said was nearly right .

Musk used his twitter account to inform all his 20 million odd followers that Vern was a pedo .

You are like Musk, making false allegations 

On 10/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, Myran said:

His talent is in executing very large projects, not inventing stuff from scratch. Businesswise they suck, but how many people on earth are actually building tech to go to Mars? Say what you want about Tesla, but without high performance sexyness the Nissan leafs would be a fringe product still. He's a mover and shaker and that's what people admire. He's also pretty unstable and socially inadept but who cares. Just get <deleted> done.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:53 PM, JamJar said:

I was just thinking the same about your post...

What makes you think that Vernon's comment was unwarranted? Do you have some insider knowledge?

Musk himself repeated his scurrilous claim and did his utmost to try to prove it, despite having no evidence.

Sorry, but your post has no substance to it at all.

I actually posted about his quote of calling himself an idiot on Tuesday; https://news.sky.com/story/elon-musk-is-a-thin-skinned-bully-says-thai-cave-rescuer-11830547

Is his comment about himself, unwarranted?

Don't try to equate their actions.

Would you call me a child abuser because I disagree with your post?

I was talking to Vern a couple of weeks ago and he was saying how Musk is still digging when he should of stopped.  He accused Vern of going after 12 yo girls in Pattaya  and Vern has never even been there.  He did his job of organising the rescue mission , he knew the divers in the UK who would be the best to help .  If you are good at a certain job and know exactly what you are doing would you want someone to come along , look over your shoulder and say ' Here try doing it this way '.

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I was talking to Vern a couple of weeks ago and he was saying how Musk is still digging when he should of stopped.  He accused Vern of going after 12 yo girls in Pattaya  and Vern has never even been there.  He did his job of organising the rescue mission , he knew the divers in the UK who would be the best to help .  If you are good at a certain job and know exactly what you are doing would you want someone to come along , look over your shoulder and say ' Here try doing it this way '.

I would consider all options and not insult those who try to help.

Though I don't condone Musk's reaction, I don't excuse Vern's action. IMO he started this whole thing.

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I would consider all options and not insult those who try to help.

Though I don't condone Musk's reaction, I don't excuse Vern's action. IMO he started this whole thing.

Vern reacted to Musk using the boys trapped in the cave to publicise his own business and turning the rescue into the Elon Musk rescue attempt

Archived