Elon Musk Brands Himself An ‘Idiot’ In Thai Cave Rescue Defamation Lawsuit

webfact

Good point. What Musk said was inane. He is beyond an ultra sensitive moron. He reminds me of another prominent and wealthy American. Very thin skinned little boys. If you cannot handle criticism do not seek the limelight. If you are in the limelight, no point in lashing out at every perceived critic. Very unmanly, and lacking in dignity, grace, heart and soul. Just another out of touch rich brat. 

Although he's an American citizen, he is actually South African.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Musk claimed that the emails were off the record and that he merely intended to trigger a press investigation into Unsworth. “I didn’t expect Buzzfeed to publish an off-the-record email... "

Really? For someone who is supposed to be 'PR-savvy', he should know there is NO SUCH THING as 'off-the-record'. EVERYTHING is ON-the-record. The ONLY way out is to shut up. That's PR-101 for you, Mr. Musk.
The reporter never agreed to treat the info as off the record. You need that agreement prior to providing the content. This is where Elon slipped up.

There those who talk and those who do.
  Musk has being able to disrupt and Change the Automotive industry.with Tesla. 
  Resurrect US's space program withs SpaceX
  Start a program for going to  Mars
  Starlink has launched the first 300 satellite in a program to provide fast speed internet connection to everyone anywhere in the world. A game changer!!
IMO not bad for a "slick willy"   So he got piised off , said something inappropriate, 
Let him amongst as who has never done, throw the first stone. 
He has wronged and will pay!! Mostly with change found under the cushions of his couch LOL.
Without a doubt he's done some good stuff and is a visionary, but he's also reckless and has repeatedly fallen foul of stock market rules, having to be controlled by the board. This outburst, witchhunt and attempts to blacken someones name and reputation is likely to cost him dear......but he can afford it.

No he didn't say that on Twitter and you know it!
That's what he wrote in a private Email to a Buzzfeed reporter stop trying to twist the facts.
If you're talking to a reporter, it's only private on agreement, which he didn't have.
From the reporters point of view, he got this rant from Musk, trying to dig the dirt on this guy, and then said it's off the record. Pure gold from the reporters point of view ka-ching

11 hours ago, canopy said:

I made nothing up. The interview was a man bashing Elon. Nothing more, nothing less.

"He can stick his submarine where it hurts" is not an opinion, it is an insult. Again, that's fine for some knee slapping laughs with your buddies on a bar stool. And I wouldn't be so sure he just happened to be asked in an impromptu interview. Vern would have had many opportunities to talk to the press and declined. Choosing CNN and this single topic exclusively seems to indicate he deliberately sought the largest possible outlet for what he wanted to say and he wanted Elon and the world to hear this trash. And this is supported by the fact he had more insults and lies to throw at Elon publicly on later dates. In fact I have never heard Vern talk about anything other than his hatred of Elon. And that's a shame as Vern surely has a lot in there that would be fascinating to us. But all we get is this childish behavior.

Couldn't agree more. Not being able to see or admit to yourself that Vern was telling lies to ruin Elon's reputation shows you are biased and it blinds you from the truth. I don't get this need for people to act like a cheering section at a boxing match egging the opponent and rooting for their guy. I on the other hand am capable of seeing both men did right, and both men did wrong and leave it at that so I find this behavior very strange.

You have illustrated that you have a propensity to try to twist the meaning of a post. 

You clearly understood that I meant Musk told lies, so I would appreciate it if you did not try to twist the meaning of my post, using infantile devices.

What lie do you assert that Vernon told? 

If you are not capable of reasoned adult discussion, I shall simply place you on ignore.

22 hours ago, stevemac said:

Without a doubt he's done some good stuff and is a visionary, but he's also reckless and has repeatedly fallen foul of stock market rules, having to be controlled by the board. This outburst, witchhunt and attempts to blacken someones name and reputation is likely to cost him dear......but he can afford it.

Not necessarily - according to court filings, Musk says he is out of cash.

Elon Musk testified that he is "financially illiquid," a lawyer for the British diver Vernon Unsworth wrote in a legal filing, Bloomberg first reported on Wednesday.

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Not necessarily - according to court filings, Musk says he is out of cash.

That is no problem for Musk.

Sell shares, assets, perhaps get a loan from the bank, open up your piggy bank.

If the court rules against you and you have shares, assets etc but no money the courts are at liberty to order you to sell stuff. If you don't comply they can also send in the bailiffs to seize goods to the value of the order.

Now if you are truly out of cash then what do you think will happen to the share prices in your companies?

On 10/11/2019 at 4:41 AM, Myran said:

Never understood the cult following of this guy or why people are branding him a genius. All of "his" ideas were invented years ago, including electric cars, rockets that can land and trains running in vacuum tubes (something invented decades ago, and which he hilariously enough said he wanted to file a patent for in an interview).

And no, he didn't successfully popularize electric cars, or his company wouldn't be hemorrhaging money every year at the expense of tax-payers' money.

Here is a short list of achievements many of which are the first for a private company and many others which are a first for human kind. I am no great fan of Musk but to say he has accomplished nothing is a feat of ignorance of the greatest magnitude. Out of curiosity what have you done that's so great? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX#Achievements

Achievements[edit]

SpaceX is defined as a private space company and thus its achievements can be counted as firsts by a private company. Overall achievements include most notably reuse and cost reduction in the spacelaunch industry. Landmark achievements of SpaceX in chronological order include:[63]

The first privately funded liquid-fueled rocket to reach orbit (Falcon 1 flight 4 on September 28, 2008)

The first privately developed liquid-fueled rocket to put a commercial satellite in orbit (RazakSAT on Falcon 1 flight 5 on July 14, 2009)

The first private company to successfully launch, orbit, and recover a spacecraft (Dragon capsule on COTS demo flight 1on December 9, 2010)

The first private company to send a spacecraft to the International Space Station (Dragon C2+ on May 25, 2012)

The first private company to send a satellite into geosynchronous orbit (SES-8 on Falcon 9 flight 7 on December 3, 2013)

The first landing of an orbital rocket's first stage on land (Falcon 9 flight 20 on December 22, 2015)

The first landing of an orbital rocket's first stage on an ocean platform (Falcon 9 flight 23 on April 8, 2016)

The first relaunch and landing of a used orbital rocket stage (B1021 on Falcon 9 flight 32 on March 30, 2017)[64]

The first controlled flyback and recovery of a payload fairing (Falcon 9 flight 32 on March 30, 2017)[65]

The first reflight of a commercial cargo spacecraft. (Dragon C106 on CRS-11 mission on June 3, 2017)[66]

The first private company to send a human-rated spacecraft to space (Crew Dragon Demo-1, on Falcon 9 flight 69 on March 2, 2019) and the first private company to autonomously dock a spacecraft to the International Space Station (same flight on March 3, 2019)[67]

The first use of a full flow staged combustion cycle engine (Raptor) in a free flying vehicle (Starhopper, multiple test in 2019).

On 10/18/2019 at 10:39 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

Do you have a source for these other comments?

Of course I can back every single fact I have posted with references. Have you seen the photos I posted? Look again, pictures don't lie. How many people other than me are posting such factual information to back their posts? Right. And I'll do it again here. Keep in mind there are emails, news stories, videos, tweets, and just all sorts of independently verifiable information online.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:44 PM, KneeDeep said:

What lie do you assert that Vernon told? 

Too many to list. Let's look at that famous CNN interview. Everyone knows the first sentence out of Vern's mouth was that ugly insult "He can stick his submarine where it hurts". What a way to start an interview! What people may not know is the second sentence out of Vern's mouth was an ugly lie:

vu2.png.46a0b485f25c66dc9cdb161f5c3b615a.png

Elon designed several prototypes optimized to the unique sections of the caves, not just one rigid sub (another lie by Vern). This is due to Elon having critical knowledge of the cave passages he received from the cave diver experts in Thailand who were helping him with the sub design. Do you need references? Just call my bluff, I've got 4 aces in my hand. But the real question to me is what drove Vern to insult and lie in this interview? Very strange indeed. And even stranger he blew a gasket when Elon gave him a dose of his own medicine.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:44 PM, KneeDeep said:

If you are not capable of reasoned adult discussion, I shall simply place you on ignore.

Sounds more like the truth hurts. I am simply providing the facts here. If these facts upset you then you are free to leave the discussion.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:19 AM, canopy said:

Of course I can back every single fact I have posted with references. Have you seen the photos I posted? Look again, pictures don't lie. How many people other than me are posting such factual information to back their posts? Right. And I'll do it again here. Keep in mind there are emails, news stories, videos, tweets, and just all sorts of independently verifiable information online.

Too many to list. Let's look at that famous CNN interview. Everyone knows the first sentence out of Vern's mouth was that ugly insult "He can stick his submarine where it hurts". What a way to start an interview! What people may not know is the second sentence out of Vern's mouth was an ugly lie:

vu2.png.46a0b485f25c66dc9cdb161f5c3b615a.png

Elon designed several prototypes optimized to the unique sections of the caves, not just one rigid sub (another lie by Vern). This is due to Elon having critical knowledge of the cave passages he received from the cave diver experts in Thailand who were helping him with the sub design. Do you need references? Just call my bluff, I've got 4 aces in my hand. But the real question to me is what drove Vern to insult and lie in this interview? Very strange indeed. And even stranger he blew a gasket when Elon gave him a dose of his own medicine.

Sounds more like the truth hurts. I am simply providing the facts here. If these facts upset you then you are free to leave the discussion.

It wasn't the start of the interview. It was part of the interview. Vernon is not responsible for the editing.

Too many to list? You don't seem to have a problem with long winded posts, so post at least some of the "too many".

So why did they not use any of Musk's ideas if they were so good?

Vern didn't "blow a gasket" at all over Musk's libel. Post your sources that shows such a reaction.

He only sued because Musk challenged him to sue.

Show us a post that illustrates otherwise.

Time to show us your Aces? You certainly haven't come up with anything of substance thus far. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 1:49 AM, Cryingdick said:

Here is a short list of achievements many of which are the first for a private company and many others which are a first for human kind. I am no great fan of Musk but to say he has accomplished nothing is a feat of ignorance of the greatest magnitude. Out of curiosity what have you done that's so great? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX#Achievements

Achievements[edit]

SpaceX is defined as a private space company and thus its achievements can be counted as firsts by a private company. Overall achievements include most notably reuse and cost reduction in the spacelaunch industry. Landmark achievements of SpaceX in chronological order include:[63]

The first privately funded liquid-fueled rocket to reach orbit (Falcon 1 flight 4 on September 28, 2008)

The first privately developed liquid-fueled rocket to put a commercial satellite in orbit (RazakSAT on Falcon 1 flight 5 on July 14, 2009)

The first private company to successfully launch, orbit, and recover a spacecraft (Dragon capsule on COTS demo flight 1on December 9, 2010)

The first private company to send a spacecraft to the International Space Station (Dragon C2+ on May 25, 2012)

The first private company to send a satellite into geosynchronous orbit (SES-8 on Falcon 9 flight 7 on December 3, 2013)

The first landing of an orbital rocket's first stage on land (Falcon 9 flight 20 on December 22, 2015)

The first landing of an orbital rocket's first stage on an ocean platform (Falcon 9 flight 23 on April 8, 2016)

The first relaunch and landing of a used orbital rocket stage (B1021 on Falcon 9 flight 32 on March 30, 2017)[64]

The first controlled flyback and recovery of a payload fairing (Falcon 9 flight 32 on March 30, 2017)[65]

The first reflight of a commercial cargo spacecraft. (Dragon C106 on CRS-11 mission on June 3, 2017)[66]

The first private company to send a human-rated spacecraft to space (Crew Dragon Demo-1, on Falcon 9 flight 69 on March 2, 2019) and the first private company to autonomously dock a spacecraft to the International Space Station (same flight on March 3, 2019)[67]

The first use of a full flow staged combustion cycle engine (Raptor) in a free flying vehicle (Starhopper, multiple test in 2019).

Please don't put words in my mouth, I've never claimed he hasn't accomplished anything. I said I don't understand his cult following and that ideas that he parade around as his own are things that were invented decades ago.

9 minutes ago, Myran said:

Please don't put words in my mouth, I've never claimed he hasn't accomplished anything. I said I don't understand his cult following and that ideas that he parade around as his own are things that were invented decades ago.

Henry Ford did not invent the car,Thomas Edison did not invent electricity, and Colonel Sanders did not invent the chicken,in fact, I am pretty sure the chicken was invented a couple of decades  before him.  

Archived