US Navy Veteran Wrongly Accused In Thailand Returns To US

webfact

18 hours ago, Fred white said:

Yeah I know. I'm happy for these new vets but us old ones got screwed 

18 hours ago, Fred white said:

As a navy vet from the early 80s that status didn't do anything for me wasn't even able to get my old job back

I'm an Army Vet from the 70's and when the US Postal Service refused to hire me after I got out saying they had no records of me on a list of  applicants to be hired ( I got drafted before  reporting ) I called my congressman showing him paperwork of me having taken the test and given a spot on list he contacted them and started a cogressional Inquiry at which point they said "that's not nesessary we didn't know he was available"   ( BS ) Got all raises, seniority and vacation time that I should have recieved when they were supposed to hire me. Sometimes you have to fight for your rights. Hired  back by Public Law #121 .

3 hours ago, quadperfect said:
22 hours ago, Just Weird said:

He should be nominated for an Oscar.  

Is there any relevance to the mention of his being in the US navy?

I would want revenge.  The lesson here is in thailand you have no freedome. Its all a illusion. At any moment any one of us could be held against our will. Treated like a dog and pretty much destroy our life.

I realize this now after many years of thinking if i am not doing anything wrong i am fine.

The us military probobly saidvlet him go or no more hardwares

"The lesson here is in thailand you have no freedome. Its all a illusion. At any moment any one of us could be held against our will. Treated like a dog and pretty much destroy our life".

Nonsense.

He was working for a company accused of fraud, he put himself up as the face of the scamming company...on several occasions!

"I realize this now after many years of thinking if i am not doing anything wrong i am fine".

What?  How have you been "held against your will. Treated like a dog and pretty much had your life destroyed"?  Have you also been involved in a fraudulent company?

"The us military probobly saidvlet him go or no more hardwares" [sic].

Hahahahahahaaa...!  You're not serious...are you?

Citing military/public service is a thing with the media, and so once they employ it in the headline, they keep doing it in follow up stories to aide reader recall.  Oh yeah, that Navy guy, Thailand........ 

There's a soft and gooshy expectation that the higher standards you comply with during military service, help shape you as an honest and steadfast person, and that follows you all your life.  That's not true, not universally anyway.    Stereotypes and assumptions usually aren't. 

I guess it's meant to color in between the lines and give a person some benefit of the doubt in these kinds of did he or didn't he scenarios. 

As sure as a rain season flood in Thailand will be followed by a biblical drought, the mention of irrelevant former military service is sure to kick off the predictable s**t show between the military/first responder/hero worshipers, the anti-war peacenick tree huggers, and the "I'm a tax payer too" crowds; always ready to gouge each others' eyes out on command.   It's good for extra clicks, comments and revenue.

6 hours ago, quadperfect said:

I would want revenge.  The lesson here is in thailand you have no freedome. Its all a illusion. At any moment any one of us could be held against our will. Treated like a dog and pretty much destroy our life.

I realize this now after many years of thinking if i am not doing anything wrong i am fine.

The us military probobly saidvlet him go or no more hardwares

Revenge for what, he is the one who put his name on a website, appeared in ads for a scam company, yes he was played by some higher ups put he was involved maybe unwittingly in a scam. He was arrested for his involvment, o boo hoo. becareful who you work for. Who knows maybe he was involved all we have is his word

Remember a few years back, was drinking with a Veteran US marine until the late hours, while walking on the streets got aggressively harassed by 2 dodgy cops.
The guy told me to shut up and showed some ID card, not 10 seconds later we were on our way, they didn't even asked me.

23 hours ago, bkkatl said:

None. But for us Americans status as military or as a veteran means you gets you social status, makes your suffering more important thant others, and in general makes you a more special human being than the rest of us tax paying civilians. 

Looks like signing up to be a killer paid off! Those Christian values might had something to do with support of such people too!

Glad he is out though!

8 hours ago, dddave said:

He was helicoptered to big events, one at the Royal Cliff in Pattaya and thoroughly played the role of CEO, making speeches with specific financial claims.  He was paid very well.  His claims of being innocent & naive to what he was doing are laughable.

I see the prior news reports simply say he was found "not guilty" by a Thai judge.... Now that's a pretty uncommon occurrence.

PS - Perhaps Thailand is aiming to promote itself as being a new hub for the weight loss industry...

Keller is noticeably thinner, losing more than 70lbs during his incarceration. Keller’s family say on Monday, he slept in a bed for the first time in 13 months.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-area-navy-veteran-released-from-thai-prison-after-not-guilty-verdict/285-1ba0ed3b-3228-4014-b7b5-a76b311dec66

12 hours ago, AJBangkok said:

Prayuth was in the states recently and met with Trump and others. There was a Texas congressman lobbying on behalf of this guy so I wonder if his release is related 

It all started in Harvard.

And the hilarious part......... got out then popped for overstay

Keller, 44, was found not guilty on Sept. 30 by a judge. However, he was arrested again for overstaying his tourist visa, while he tried to leave the country.

11 hours ago, Longcut said:

Really? Did you join up so that you could get a discount from Home Depot?

Me ex Air Force 1982 to 1992.  All I get is free lunch at Olive Garden on Veteran's day.  I did get my VA loan qualification letter from the VA should I ever use a VA loan.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:00 PM, bkkatl said:

None. But for us Americans status as military or as a veteran means you gets you social status, makes your suffering more important thant others, and in general makes you a more special human being than the rest of us tax paying civilians. 

You make me sick!!! These young men and women are willing to put their lives in danger so can have the freedom to say such stupid things!!!

14 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Me ex Air Force 1982 to 1992.  All I get is free lunch at Olive Garden on Veteran's day.  I did get my VA loan qualification letter from the VA should I ever use a VA loan.

I didn't like fighting the crowds but the company I worked for gave us a free Chick filet meal on veterans day and posted our pictures

16 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

You need to check around more, I can eat all day breakfast to supper at different restaurants on Vet's Day.  Check link below

https://www.veteransadvantage.com/blog/discounts-benefits/veterans-day-2018-food-freebies-veterans-and-active-duty-personnel-part-i

On 10/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, Fred white said:

Yeah I know. I'm happy for these new vets but us old ones got screwed 

life does change.   Think how all the sports stars from 40 years ago feel ?   they made peanuts.  

New stars get millions just for signing !

20 hours ago, Tony125 said:

You need to check around more, I can eat all day breakfast to supper at different restaurants on Vet's Day.  Check link below

https://www.veteransadvantage.com/blog/discounts-benefits/veterans-day-2018-food-freebies-veterans-and-active-duty-personnel-part-i

Yes I am well aware of the many other restaurants and place out there on sites like the one you posted and a few others.  But I don't go out of my way to get a breakfast I don't normally eat or to get two meals.  A late lunch at Olive garden in the middle of the afternoon before dinner crowds show up is fine with me.

Archived