Are you tired of waiting for the next shoe to drop ?

23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What new things have come up regularly that makes being in Thailand an "unpleasant situation"?

Well, after 7 years here, I have been faced in 2019 with stricter enforcement of the monthly income (without regard to the annual income being above the required monthly income). Then an interpretation in Chiang Mai that demands reporting, within 24 hours of my return home if traveling overnight outside the province. Then the medical insurance  requirement which I cannot meet due to medical history/premium cost.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Who would have forecast that 1 - the Thais would move the goalposts so aggressively against foreigners, and 2 - the currency value of many had declined by up to 50 percent, depending on the currency and how long the foreigner has been in Thailand. Thailand is far from the country that many once decided to move to.

Yes, Thailand is different than a decade or two or three ago. Like all other countries.

Personally I moved to Thailand 20 years ago because I liked it a lot at that time. And I still like it.

But I never had this idea that I made a decision 20 years ago to stay in Thailand for the rest of my life. I will stay here as long as I like it. And when I don't like it anymore then I will look at the alternatives and make another decision. That might be "going home", that might be moving to another country or that might be that when I look at the alternatives and back at Thailand that I decide Thailand is still the best option - at that time.

Sure, all these decision are more complicated when we are older, maybe with a wife, children, a house, etc. But that is similar to lots of people back home who never moved because they didn't want to leave what they had at home. Life is not fair - it never was. We have to live with reality and the limited choices we have and make the best out of it.

23 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

How many people jumped on the Thailand retirement train, without ever giving a thought that Thailand would change over the course of the years they retired there?

Did you really expect Thailand, the land of milk and honey, would stay the same 20 or 30 years on since your retirement?

Well, many people must have because they seem ill-prepared for all of the changes coming from the Thai gov't.

If a person retired to Thailand 20 or 30 years ago because it was cheap? Well, which country HASN'T got more expensive and had a ton of changes over the last 20 years?

There is such a rush when moving to Thailand, specially back in the day, that many people never gave any thought to the future of what could change or how it would affect them personally.

I can still remember that rush the first time I visited in 1984 thinking this was really heaven on earth. It took me until the year 2004 to finally move there, and even then, the changes all around Thailand influenced by western marketing and greed were apparent. It was no where near as close to the place I knew in 1984.

Over the next 10 years (2004-2014), things just continually got worse. Throw in a couple of floods, droughts, and it was really worse.

Thaksin never seemed to care much to bother with expats, however, after his ouster, things really started going down hill. Maybe because he has a PhD from somewhere in Texas, he was a little less concerned with expats mentalities?

We all know in Thailand, a Thai official is nothing without money, money, money. Money buys the power! Gov't has become nothing but a club to raid the countries budgets, to enrich themselves at the expense of the nation and the people. (I read 3 out of 4 politicians from Buri Ram were billionaires). Got it now?

There are many that really believe they should be afforded special visas, rights, etc. because of their Thai families. I think most people really feel they are a value and to their families they are a big value. However, to the govt the are no value and treated as such.

However, as we can see, no one in the govt seems to really care about the welfare of expats at all. They are too busy jockeying for positions to be able to raid the nations budgets, make corrupt military deals, trains, plains, you know the game. Their own goal is to enrich themselves and their families for the rest of their lives.

Expats are a threat to that mindset? Why? 

Well it is because expats are smart enough to question when the Army buys blimps to use as terrorist search vehicles, that a blimp is useless when you have winds and monsoon rains 6-7 months of the years and they would question that purchase for hundreds of millions of baht. Thai people, are only now, with the advent of younger parties like Future Forward, starting to hold these corrupt Generals accountable for their corruption.

Generals with millions of dollars of watches? Yes expats are smart enough to know the truth.

Thailand is becoming an expensive country to live and with the changing winds of govt, regulations will continue to change and each govt official is only there for what they can put in their own pockets, not the welfare of the people. I am sure the new insurance requirements falls into this category.

Expats with a lot of money, big pensions, etc. will be able to weather the changing tides as necessary. Others, are going to have to tough it out, move, or worse.

In 2011, we lost almost everything in the flood. The writing was on the wall and for me, that was a real catalyst that got me thinking about the future. At the time, I was lucky I made the decision to move back to the USA, where I could still land a high paying job and start over.

I am quite a few years away from retirement. People are always railing why do people that move away continue to post and follow on TV?

Well, the answer is even though I have never given one thought to moving back to Thailand, things could change 10 or 15 years from now and it is a learning experience to read about the changes and how they affect expats in general.

Who really can predict what Thailand will be like in another 10 or 15 years? It might get better, it might get worse. 

Can only wait and see.

The smart thing, is anywhere you move in the world, you should always have a plan B, if that is not your native motherland.

The whole Thailand experience for me has really opened my eyes to the importance of saving, pension, retirement accounts, you name it.

Good post.

"People are always railing why do people that move away continue to post and follow on TV?"

Lots of people who don't live in Thailand read and post on Thai Visa. I live in the UK yet I follow TV and so do lots of my pals who holiday in the LOS. 

Fellows like Ubon Joe have unwittingly helped many people out including myself with advice. Folk who may want to spend more than the normally permitted 30 days on their holiday.

29 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's really not that difficult, if they want to make an effort instead of punishing everyone for the wrong-doings of a few. That's the usual Thai way though, using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

It was never about punishing non-payers.

It was always about making money for the insurance companies they own.

Just now, BritManToo said:

It was never about punishing non-payers.

It was always about making money for the insurance companies they own.

I believe it has been stated that the insurance need not be with a Thai company. Of course, I am sure that there will be IOs who insist that it must be and foreign-bought insurance is invalid. Of course, that can be overlooked if ...... We all know that's the way Thailand works.

What shoes are dropping?  Been here 9 years and the only change is I have to show I still have 800,000 baht in my bank account 90 days after my yearly extension.  I've just parked the money in the account, never use it, and don't need to worry about whether it's 2 months or 3 months seasoning or any of that business.

Less stress in retirement for me means having money in the bank and health insurance. 
The money requirement has not changed regarding Visa extensions.
90 day reports, TM 30 and such take an hour of my time very infrequently.

And being of retirement age, if you are living without health insurance, you are always just a day away from bankruptcy in my opinion.   Heck in the USA where I am from, they wont even treat you at 95% of the hospitals unless you have insurance, and the ones that will, you are likely to bleed out in a waiting room

Fake Blues,,

Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA)
CMS Guidance to State Survey Agency Directors
Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act Technical Advisory Group (EMTALA TAG)
Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA)
In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) to ensure public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay. Section 1867 of the Social Security Act imposes specific obligations on Medicare-participating hospitals that offer emergency services to provide a medical screening examination (MSE) when a request is made for examination or treatment for an emergency medical condition (EMC), including active labor, regardless of an individual's ability to pay. Hospitals are then required to provide stabilizing treatment for patients with EMCs. If a hospital is unable to stabilize a patient within its capability, or if the patient requests, an appropriate transfer should be implemented.

6 hours ago, legend49 said:

would stay the same 20 or 30 years on since your retirement?

Mmmm all the issues affecting farang currently like TM 30 come from laws 30 to 40 years old. So compliance has remained the same.  After this line in your essay I fell asleep too much to read.

The post is talking about change, change that occurs in every city over a vast quantity of time.

No where does it mention TM 30.

Go back to sleep.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, I am not a Swede, and I am not from the UK. But I read the news.

Here is just one article which was easy to find with Google:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/immigration-uk-economy-what-are-the-benefits-stats-theresa-may-amber-rudd-tory-conference-speeches-a7346121.html

Is everything they write 100% correct? I don't know. But I read lot of similar articles and my conclusion is that all those foreigners cost a lot less than the average person think they cost.

You are making a mistake interpreting this article. 

Quote:

EU migrants are more likely to be in work than natives, with the participation rate for the group at just below 80 per cent, refuting the idea that most immigrants do not "contribute".

There are immigrants and EU immigrants.

In The Netherlands we have a lof of people/immigrants from Indonesia. This has a historical background, it used to be a Dutch colony.  Are these people a problem ?  No. Usually Indonesian people are very kind and friendly. They study, they work. They are good neighbours. Some of my best colleagues at work in the past were Indonesian. The same with Chinese. They work until they drop dead to give their families a better future. The best students at schools in NL are often Chinese. These people have a mentality of not giving up and doing everything they can to improve their future. 

The problem is with immigrants from Africa and muslim countries. About 80% of the prison population consists of people from there. Same percentages apply to people getting social benefits.

3 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

You saw the message we received in Chiang Mai saying that Ching Mai Immigration was requiring medical insurance fro Non IMM O-A Extnsion of Stay as well as new O-A? You have read were Chiang Mai immigration has stated we are required to report within 24 hours when returning home after being gone overnight from the province (while other offices are using good sense)? OK, wait time and efficiency is improved but ...

No I didn't, probably another hysteria post. I'll be testing that when I do my extension next week. No way I can get medical insurance here, age and pre-existing conditions.

I travel regularly out of Chiang Mai province, and I have never reported when I come back. 5 years now. Assuming they even know I have gone, what can they do? Fine me 1900 baht? A storm in a teacup.

The only way to avoid falling shoes is to hide under the bed.

New shoes will be falling more often as more countries see the benefit of surveilling, tracking, policing, taxing, exploiting, and otherwise squeezing the life out of their citizens and visitors.

31 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Everything changes. 

Thailand is done for Westerners. 

It will belong to the Chinese from henceforth. 

Any Farang who refuses to acknowledge this does so at his own risk. 

Great! Yet another risk to living the Kingdom life.

????????

On 10/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

For me it seems Thailand is enforcing some existing laws.

And they think about how to handle all those old people who can't or won't pay their hospital bills.

I understand that this makes some people unhappy and probably some people will have to leave Thailand.

But on the other hand I understand that Thailand does not want that some people are a burden to the country. And that's what they are if they don't pay their hospital bills.

I would love to know exactly how many expats do not pay their hospital bills, what I read and see in Issan country far out weighs the BS the government is spinning about billions of Barht being spent to pay for 'farangs' hospital bills. I myself and all my friends pay their own way with medical costs either with health insurance or pay as you go. I think this new BS policy for expats living here is a cooked up kick-back scheme through the big nobs in government and their mates in the health insurance industry. Realistically, take a look at the existing government hospital payments for Thais, 30B to see a doctor and then maybe a few more Barht for some pills and operations one third the price a farang pays. Thais appear to pay very little here for medical costs. Many people will say, Thais cant afford more money for medical costs, I don't believe that, Thais seem to have enough money to pay for a new pick up or M/C on HP and buy alcohol and smokes, but not enough to pay a few extra barht for medical treatment. The health system in Thailand needs a big shake up by the government to help fund its hospitals. Stop relying on tourists, foreign investments, massive taxes on all imports, growing rice that nobody wants, and draining the pockets of expats to prop up their failing economy. Have I left something out.

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, I am not a Swede, and I am not from the UK. But I read the news.

Here is just one article which was easy to find with Google:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/immigration-uk-economy-what-are-the-benefits-stats-theresa-may-amber-rudd-tory-conference-speeches-a7346121.html

Is everything they write 100% correct? I don't know. But I read lot of similar articles and my conclusion is that all those foreigners cost a lot less than the average person think they cost.

You should ask a Swede how many of those refugee's are working there now...and how many in jail.

On 10/11/2019 at 6:22 PM, Thailand said:

It is certainly frustrating with something potentially new on a regular basis to <deleted> up what was a pleasant situation for many years. Most of this seems to be in the the wake of BJ and his ilk.

Let it Be known to all members on Thai Visa that i had a go around with the Chaeng Wattana Immigration Officials (Government Complex Building) just down the street from the Supreme Court Building and the DSI (Department of Special Investigations)  I spoke with 3 Seperate Immigration Officials on September 16, 2019 on a 1 year Thai Wife renewal , I explained to Immigration as I have done many times in the Past years I own my own Business which is United States registered and has a United States Registered Tax ID as well Plus My Business is Registered to do Business with 180 plus countries around the world ( Planet Earth ONLY) i run a Ecommerce Business over the Internet so i use specific Internet Financial Banking Secured Serving Banks made specifically for Ecommerce Businesses ,  Immigration started there Song to me Since my Embassy No Longer issues the Income verification Letters any longer and they sang there Song that i had to deposit 40,000 Baht each Month in to a in country Thai Bank for Income verification and i Quickly Responded i have my Own Ecommerce Banking Statements that are Verified Income and they still tried to sing there Song even had me speak with the So Called Inspector which she Got No Where with me , So All Viewers on Thai Visa are aware if you take what immigration wants you to do its considered as a Illegal Process its Like Bribery , and they cant touch your money either way and the second issue is if you have a Marriage Visa 400,000 Thai Baht how much Interest Earnings will the Bank be paying you in a 1 year Period that Immigration wants to verify you as having Income Earnings in the Long Run my Plans for this Weekend is to Send a Letter to the (Thailand NACC) - this is the Thailand National Anti Corruption Commission and the Second Organization is the Chaeng Wattana (DSI)- this is Department of Special Investigations if immigration is Demanding Money in a Private Bank Account Rather then using a Business Letter from a Business Verifying Income as a Lump sum of Money sitting in a Thai Bank that can not even be invested in to the Thailand Stock Market to earn income this is a Big Sign of Corruption as in my area of Living on my Street i have 3 Local Thai Lawyers to get Legal advice and 1 Lawyer is a Bangkok Prosecutor at the Chaeng Wattana Court House , i am Ready to Fight this Corruption of Immigrations now exposed Corruption on goings with Verification of a Person Individual Income that they earn on there own with out Immigrations involvement in being accpeted for working on a Job of any Kind for International Companies for any Farang Immigrations Days are Now Numbered until being Exposed on this Income Verification CorruptionI have Lived in Thailand since September 2006 and nothing related to my work or Banking and money income has never Changed and i will never change how my Business is setup either cause its a very secured system to stop Hackers as well and "We Have to Stand up for Our Rights as Humans regardless of Our Nationality while Living in Thailand - "The Human Rights Organization of Thailand" even States this Too!!!

To quote an excerpt  from a previous  post .

"nationalist, ethnocentric swing globally. "

Absolutely there is.

The curiosity of it is the why  when in terms of communication, general awareness of  global affairs albeit  inundated  with  propagandist  variations in all form of  motivation, justification, derivatives of legitimacy, or  even just plain bs, that even those nations that would assume by virtue of  educational standards or any other measure of comprehension of global social  advancement let  alone  survival are succumbing to or are being subjected  to a devolution of expectation?

The principles of  established democracy are being subverted into autocracy in locations that in contradiction  oppose regimes  that have demonstrated incremental movement towards the original premise of "democratic" principle .

Is it that because  humanity is still so primitive that tribalism continues  to be paramount ?

IMO "dominion" is the current  phase of the devolution of global co operation.

It is their country, Thailand makes the rules as they see fit. We can either live within their rules, try to adapt or leave if we either can't or won't live with them. Now that I am 61 it cost around 150,00 baht per year for decent in and out patient coverage in Thailand and I can see that steadily rising as I get older. Travel insurance is much cheaper. So between this and the ever rising Baht I am only staying in Thailand 6 months a year on a METV and 6 months back in the home country. Gave up my retirement visa a few years back. For my girlfriend it is another matter. Luckily I don't own a car anymore and never bought a home or condo.

Personally I always thought the various visa rules were a bit xenophobic and not well thought out from either a humane or Thai economic point of view. My heart really goes out to those older guys with homes, wives and family, as I sense that more changes are coming.

50 minutes ago, SuburbanOne said:

Let it Be known to all members on Thai Visa that i had a go around with the Chaeng Wattana Immigration Officials (Government Complex Building) just down the street from the Supreme Court Building and the DSI (Department of Special Investigations)  I spoke with 3 Seperate Immigration Officials on September 16, 2019 on a 1 year Thai Wife renewal , I explained to Immigration as I have done many times in the Past years I own my own Business which is United States registered and has a United States Registered Tax ID as well Plus My Business is Registered to do Business with 180 plus countries around the world ( Planet Earth ONLY) i run a Ecommerce Business over the Internet so i use specific Internet Financial Banking Secured Serving Banks made specifically for Ecommerce Businesses ,  Immigration started there Song to me Since my Embassy No Longer issues the Income verification Letters any longer and they sang there Song that i had to deposit 40,000 Baht each Month in to a in country Thai Bank for Income verification and i Quickly Responded i have my Own Ecommerce Banking Statements that are Verified Income and they still tried to sing there Song even had me speak with the So Called Inspector which she Got No Where with me , So All Viewers on Thai Visa are aware if you take what immigration wants you to do its considered as a Illegal Process its Like Bribery , and they cant touch your money either way and the second issue is if you have a Marriage Visa 400,000 Thai Baht how much Interest Earnings will the Bank be paying you in a 1 year Period that Immigration wants to verify you as having Income Earnings in the Long Run my Plans for this Weekend is to Send a Letter to the (Thailand NACC) - this is the Thailand National Anti Corruption Commission and the Second Organization is the Chaeng Wattana (DSI)- this is Department of Special Investigations if immigration is Demanding Money in a Private Bank Account Rather then using a Business Letter from a Business Verifying Income as a Lump sum of Money sitting in a Thai Bank that can not even be invested in to the Thailand Stock Market to earn income this is a Big Sign of Corruption as in my area of Living on my Street i have 3 Local Thai Lawyers to get Legal advice and 1 Lawyer is a Bangkok Prosecutor at the Chaeng Wattana Court House , i am Ready to Fight this Corruption of Immigrations now exposed Corruption on goings with Verification of a Person Individual Income that they earn on there own with out Immigrations involvement in being accpeted for working on a Job of any Kind for International Companies for any Farang Immigrations Days are Now Numbered until being Exposed on this Income Verification CorruptionI have Lived in Thailand since September 2006 and nothing related to my work or Banking and money income has never Changed and i will never change how my Business is setup either cause its a very secured system to stop Hackers as well and "We Have to Stand up for Our Rights as Humans regardless of Our Nationality while Living in Thailand - "The Human Rights Organization of Thailand" even States this Too!!!

Uh? ????

i am not sure i have got all 

but hey good luck to you in your fight

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How many fake marriages of white men to Thai ladies have they found so far?

AFAIK, no such statistics were made public. But "fake marriages" must be a concern to Immigration.
I remember that "upcountry", my fellow Farangs staying with "marriage-visas" had frequent visits by the local Police (checking if the Farang Hubby was on location). As Immigration is a branch of the Royal Thai Police, "spot-checks" by the local cops could easily be done without much administrative effort. I myself stayed with a "Retirement-Visa" and never was visited by any official. Not in 5 years. So I must conclude that "fake-marriages" are on their Radar.

4 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Well, after 7 years here, I have been faced in 2019 with stricter enforcement of the monthly income (without regard to the annual income being above the required monthly income). Then an interpretation in Chiang Mai that demands reporting, within 24 hours of my return home if traveling overnight outside the province. Then the medical insurance  requirement which I cannot meet due to medical history/premium cost.

The TM30 requirement has always been there, has it affected you personally in the last 12 months or so or are you just mentioning what Thaivisa posters have been moaning about generally?  What is your own personal experience of the TM30 and IB?

Are you on a retirement extension?  If so, the medical insurance cannot have affected you as it, so far, it does not apply to us. 

Income requirement has been the same for years, that enforcement has not become "stricter" unless you have not been able to comply in the past and you have winged it, surely?

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:
On 10/11/2019 at 7:47 PM, Just Weird said:

What new things have come up regularly that makes being in Thailand an "unpleasant situation"?

You mean you really don't know???? and you have over 8000 posts?

Yes, I really do not know what new things have regularly come up that has made being in Thailand unpleasant.   As someone with over 20,000 posts perhaps you can enlighten me, specifically.   And that would be NEW things, plural, that have appeared regularly.

On 10/12/2019 at 12:05 AM, WhatupThailand said:

What is the real reason behind all the recent increase of Rules and Red Tape ?

Alas, none of us on here will ever know the answer to that.

We farangs know as much about Thailand and its mysterious ways as a man will ever know about a woman ( or visa versa ) ie zilch.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I really do not know what new things have regularly come up that has made being in Thailand unpleasant.   As someone with over 20,000 posts perhaps you can enlighten me, specifically.   And that would be NEW things, plural, that have appeared regularly.

I'd like to know that as well. Being in LOS became different over my lengthy association with the country, but apart from immigration ( 4 days a year ) nothing made it unpleasant.

Perhaps I lived in a better place than those that find LOS unpleasant.

Certainly, an average day in LOS was better than most days in the west, where PC has ruined civil society and the angry, the bolshy and schoolchildren think they are running the country.

11 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Are you saying that you knew what the rules were ( which was your responsibility to know ) and expected that they would never actually enforce existing rules?

TM 30 is only your responsibility if you live in your own house, and it's been a requirement for longer than your 7 years. It may not have been enforced, but it was a requirement.

As for medical, if you can't get insurance, a serious medical problem may exceed your ability to pay for treatment. Surely you don't expect the Thais to pay for it?

I only left LOS because I couldn't afford insurance, and didn't consider it sensible to stay if I couldn't afford to pay for a serious problem.

Nothing you say is proof that times are worse now than before. We all have to comply with existing rules to stay anywhere, and one has to be able to pay for medical care unless in a country where the tax payer pays for it.

9 hours ago, SuburbanOne said:

Since my Embassy No Longer issues the Income verification Letters any longer and they sang there Song that i had to deposit 40,000 Baht each Month in to a in country Thai Bank for Income verification

That's the rule for everyone ( retirement is 800, 000 in a Thai bank or whatever the income requirement is ).

Why do you think you should be different? Their country, their rules.

I got the interest the account made- they didn't keep any of it when I left the country.

Surely you knew the requirements when you CHOSE to live in LOS?

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's the rule for everyone ( retirement is 800, 000 in a Thai bank or whatever the income requirement is ).

Why do you think you should be different? Their country, their rules.

I got the interest the account made- they didn't keep any of it when I left the country.

Surely you knew the requirements when you CHOSE to live in LOS?

You Evadentialy Do not View the Wide Picture of there So Canew Income verification Scheme if you look after 1 year of your 40,000 Per Month or  400,000 k year for Marriage Visa or 65,000 per month or 800,000 for a Retirement yearly Visa after the first year of this So Called Income verification Scheme when you look at the small income the money is earning how can anyone say its a Account for Income verification Purposes as the amount the money earns in Interest you surely cant Live of the Interest alone so its another Joke of there POPup New Idea with out any Long term Thought given before saying they announced this Income Verification Scheme to use as Proof of Income  its a Joke , just as Big Joke him self was removed from position this scheme should be removed as it should be from a Employer verifying a Persons Income in a letter same like the Embassies did in the past not the way of a lump sum of funds sitting in a bank account that barely earns much in interest over a years time that no one can live off of in society Lets Get Real about there Non Logical way of thinking you think about this too what will there new Excuse be after the first year of the Money sitting in a Account when they think Geez that Money dose not even earn much for a Person to Live off of so now what do we do to upgrade the old Scheme to a new Excuse to Show Proof of Yearly Income as the Interest alone from the 40,000 400,000 Marriage Visa  or 65,000 800,000 Retirement yearly Deposits wont be any where near enough income earnings for Person to live off of ( Even My Own Thai Wife Dose Not Understand the Immigrations Logic way) in yearly thinking of Income Proof as the Employer can show more reliable proof of Yearly Income that a Lump sum of money just sitting in a Bank Account that nothing can be done with it over 12 months time period in a year cause its locked in a Bank Jail account to be used as a Scheme Income Verification Proof of Showing Yearly Income What a Laughable Joke same like Big Joke who was removed from his Immigration Officer Position , same like the Countries Constitution needs to be re written the Proof of income needs to be re written as well its all some ones quick thinking senswith out looking at the Over all yearly picture after the first year time has past 

3 minutes ago, SuburbanOne said:

You Evadentialy Do not View the Wide Picture of there So Canew Income verification Scheme if you look after 1 year of your 40,000 Per Month or  400,000 k year for Marriage Visa or 65,000 per month or 800,000 for a Retirement yearly Visa after the first year of this So Called Income verification Scheme when you look at the small income the money is earning how can anyone say its a Account for Income verification Purposes as the amount the money earns in Interest you surely cant Live of the Interest alone so its another Joke of there POPup New Idea with out any Long term Thought given before saying they announced this Income Verification Scheme to use as Proof of Income  its a Joke , just as Big Joke him self was removed from position this scheme should be removed as it should be from a Employer verifying a Persons Income in a letter same like the Embassies did in the past not the way of a lump sum of funds sitting in a bank account that barely earns much in interest over a years time that no one can live off of in society Lets Get Real about there Non Logical way of thinking you think about this too what will there new Excuse be after the first year of the Money sitting in a Account when they think Geez that Money dose not even earn much for a Person to Live off of so now what do we do to upgrade the old Scheme to a new Excuse to Show Proof of Yearly Income as the Interest alone from the 40,000 400,000 Marriage Visa  or 65,000 800,000 Retirement yearly Deposits wont be any where near enough income earnings for Person to live off of 

You may be right, BUT none of what you say means anything in LOS. The Thais can make any rule they wish to, and no matter what effect it has on farangs that CHOOSE to live in LOS, farangs must comply. Their country, their rules, and life isn't fair.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You may be right, BUT none of what you say means anything in LOS. The Thais can make any rule they wish to, and no matter what effect it has on farangs that CHOOSE to live in LOS, farangs must comply. Their country, their rules, and life isn't fair.

You know what, it's not only the Farangs who are complaining about the many changes and enforcements the past 5 years. 

Plenty of Thai's who tell me are not happy with the way their gov has been/is going ...

Things certainly changed, for the Thai's too ... there is no denying about that.

Archived