New steps to boost tourism approved

snoop1130

On 10/11/2019 at 1:15 PM, Lungstib said:

Thats 2 arrivals for every 3 people living here. Do you really believe that? A complete absence of discussion about polluted air, plastics in the ocean, overcrowded beaches, two tier pricing for entrances, tourist rip-offs and city traffic jams. Tourists do not live in a news restricted world where everything here is just hunky dory like the govt would wish it to be.

They simply will not address these real issues , too much work and it might upset their precious status quo. Instead we will simply get more of the absurd tourist numbers and ridiculous claims of income that are plucked from thin air.

A business person based in Thailand , flying in and out once a month , gets counted as 12 tourists in the course of a year , ludicrous.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, jeff270476 said:

Who wants to come to a land to a land where immigration laws are one of the most unfair in the world ??.. 

The normal 2-4 week tourist? They don't need any visa and never have to deal with Immigration.

18 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thai people not care about you same. You know about that right?

I knew your true colors would come out sooner or later. You were pretty transparent, and are probably indicative of many (if not most) Thai people, and your attitude sums up why tourists are shunning Thailand. You just don't care....and it shows.

You had it all...

14 minutes ago, DLock said:

... your attitude sums up why tourists are shunning Thailand. You just don't care....and it shows.

Why on earth would any Thai, or anyone from any other nation for that fact that copped as much <deleted> as Thais do on this forum, care about the bitter, twisted, whinging, misogynistic old farts and self entitled whinging arrogant millennials that make up far too much of the membership of this site?

18 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Why on earth would any Thai, or anyone from any other nation for that fact that copped as much <deleted> as Thais do on this forum, care about the bitter, twisted, whinging, misogynistic old farts and self entitled whinging arrogant millennials that make up far too much of the membership of this site?

Bitter, twisted, whinging & misogynistic old fart here,

According to my former Thai wife, current Thai girlfriend, Thai step-daughter, Thai son and former Thai MiL ...... it's about the money I still distribute to them while I'm living here. If I have to move on, they won't be getting any more.

Not to mention wife/daughter got high school educations out of me, wife got two years of university, step-daughter will graduate next year.

On 10/12/2019 at 8:38 AM, jackdd said:

Most tourists come from China, so they live in a news restricted world and are told by their government what to believe.

Nonsense.

Does the acronym VPN mean anything to you?

8 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Nonsense.

Does the acronym VPN mean anything to you?

using VPN (some or the majority are blocked) or not using it's the same for the Chinese, majority not speaking/reading English thus focusing on the local brain washing news.... whatever government says about outside world they believe, same as Russian, last week they asked people from Crime if they knew that Russia annexed the island, answer, we know because Putin told us, the USA forced them to do it... China Xinjiang province/HK/Taiwan same type of propaganda/brain washing, my in laws have no idea what's happening with any of these places and so have no idea as well all their friends, Chinese HAVE to believe what their government tells them, claiming otherwise it's a non sense and only posted to be misleading

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Ouch.

Good shot sir. ????

I was just wondering which week all this bile and vitreol was copied and pasted from. There's never much variation.

If Thailand was not a tropical country the tourism would not be nearly as good.

That goes for all tropical countries, where people of northern countries, or cold countries go

to as they are tired of their cold weather back home. TAT will never give accurate

numbers as they really do not have to.  Anyone want to come to northern Canada and enjoy minus 20 and a couple feet or nearly a metre of snow?  No I did not think so.

Geezer

On 10/13/2019 at 9:08 AM, Salerno said:

Perhaps they are the only ones that really care about Thailand having invested time, money and emotion into this country.

On 10/13/2019 at 2:53 PM, DLock said:

I knew your true colors would come out sooner or later. You were pretty transparent, and are probably indicative of many (if not most) Thai people, and your attitude sums up why tourists are shunning Thailand. You just don't care....and it shows.

You had it all...

Why I care about someone say he not care about thailand and call thailand a dog hole?

that ok to say right? You think ok. But you upset if I reply to him.

Ps. tourists are not shunning thailand. 38 million. 

100+ million next 3 years. 

But not that guy. No problem. Who care? Nobody.

“You just don't care....and it shows.” 

Yes, I say it. I just don’t care he not come again. You right. I not care.

20 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If Thailand was not a tropical country the tourism would not be nearly as good.

That goes for all tropical countries, where people of northern countries, or cold countries go

to as they are tired of their cold weather back home. TAT will never give accurate

numbers as they really do not have to.  Anyone want to come to northern Canada and enjoy minus 20 and a couple feet or nearly a metre of snow?  No I did not think so.

Geezer

Agree 100%.

Thailand is not perfect, yet the weather is lovely all year round, well, at least near to the sea.

New safety rules will be introduced to lessen the risks of accidents or death of foreign tourists.

More details please PM!

What, Where, When and How.

I hope not like the current safety rules that most don't give a <deleted> about.  

Who will enforce these new safety rules?

Thank you 

I guess Thai government has not been aware of all the bad effect the Baht is having.... wonder when and IF they will ever listen to the outside world, for a good laugh

"We are counting on the Indians to revive the sector," Kongsak said.  555

"We are worried," an industry insider told AFP, declining to be named due to the sensitivity of the topic in a country where tourism provides tens of thousands of jobs.

"In terms of business, it's not good," said Kongsak Khoopongsakorn, vice president of the association of hotels in Thailand and director of Vijitt Resort.

Shunned by Chinese, Thai tourism hotspot braces for rare slump

AFP Sophie DEVILLER,AFP 1 hour 5 minutes ago

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shunned-chinese-thai-tourism-hotspot-braces-rare-slump-030154986.html

Archived