Change in banking permission.

In BkkBk today to make a withdrawal.  As usual they asked for my ID and as usual I showed them my Thai (pink) ID card which is usually enough, but today they wouldn't accept it.  I showed them my Thai DL and a copy of my passport which were previously fine and they would accept neither. I waived over a friend who works in the bank to ID me and that was not enough.  They tell me that Gov rules have changed in the last week and that its now original passport of nothing for any in-bank transactions.  Mate of mine confirmed that for first time this week he was required to show org passport to deposit money.  So looks like a new layer of banking permission has been brought in, and unannounced.  Anybody else had experience of this?  I think it is of concern.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:29 PM, Tilacme said:

buy bitcoin, no permissions required!

That, and keep as little of your money in banks as necessary.

Any money sheeple put in banks legally ceases to be their money and becomes just the banks' liability to them.

That, and keep as little of your money in banks as necessary.
Any money sheeple put in banks legally ceases to be their money and becomes just the banks' liability to them.

So do you keep your money under your mattress?

Just a minor point- money in the bank is still legally your money

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

So do you keep your money under your mattress?

Just a minor point- money in the bank is still legally your money

If you think the only alternative to keeping your money in a bank is "your mattress", then I rest my case on your previous response here.

Where I keep it is none of your business.

And thank you for such a well documented, but blatantly false rebuttal.
In actuality, the major point is:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bank-deposits.asp

When someone opens a bank account and makes a cash deposit, he surrenders the legal title to the cash, and it becomes an asset of the bank. In turn, the account is a liability to the bank.

Seriously, if one doesn’t keep their money in a bank, where can they keep it? We are not talking investments, bonds etc.
Interesting point about legal title of cash being transferred to the bank upon depositing it. Nevertheless, you can still get it back anytime you want as long as the bank is still trading. No matter how you look at it, it is still considered the safest way to keep your money.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/15/2019 at 5:23 AM, Gweiloman said:

Seriously, if one doesn’t keep their money in a bank, where can they keep it? We are not talking investments, bonds etc.
Interesting point about legal title of cash being transferred to the bank upon depositing it. Nevertheless, you can still get it back anytime you want as long as the bank is still trading. No matter how you look at it, it is still considered the safest way to keep your money.

Where, is just common sense we were taught or deduced as children.

The big clue for me was that my "piggy bank" was not really a "bank", and upon even my childish observation didn't resemble a real bank in the least...

That banks are "considered the safest way to keep your money" is simply a religious belief - same as the belief some have in the infallibility of Bitcoin.

Unlike Bitcoin THUS FAR though, the banking cult has proven countless times, throughout history, in every territory that it is far from infallible and safest - particularly because of the well-obscured fact that once your money is in it, there's not guarantee that "you can still get it back anytime you want".

40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No permission here either, simply show a passport. Actually use the machines up front, no passport needed. 

That's also fundamentally false, again because it's not your money once in your bank account.

Both the teller and ATM involve instances of permission; you can only take it out from a branch at certain times, signing exactly as in your passport, not wearing dark glasses or otherwise obscuring your appearance, only when your number is called to a certain window, and so on...

You can only take it out of ATMs, if you show your card, and in even more limited amounts.

Anyone who has had their bank account "temporarily frozen" while the bank "investigates" something, can confirm to you that simply showing a passport or anything else will NOT trigger the usual PERMISSION to make the BANK's money YOURS again.

In that sense, Bitcoin is permissionless compared to a bank.
As long as you have your access key, which can be backed up in numerous places to prevent loss, bitcoins always remain yours.

1 minute ago, twig said:

bitcoins always remain yours.

Tell that to Binance customers and Bitcoin7.

I think you see a spy under your bed.....

Actually I can also get cash without the ATM card using my phone too...

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Tell that to Binance customers and Bitcoin7.

I think you see a spy under your bed.....

Actually I can also get cash without the ATM card using my phone too...

Exactly what I meant: once Binance and Bitcoin7 customers gave their bitcoins to the former, the bitcoins ceased being the customers' - just as happens when your money becomes the banks' money, as soon as deposited to "your" account.

That's also exactly why banks are historically proven not safe to store money, same as Binance and ANY custodial exchange are not safe to store bitcoins.

Your bank account itself, required the banks' permission to open.

Bitcoin doesn't require permission to open as many accounts as you wish. Only Bitcoin custodial companies require permission to have Bitcoin accounts there.

Bitcoin custodians are not Bitcoin.

Cardless ATM services also require the banks' PERMISSION to make THEIR money YOURS again, because the app won't work without connecting to the banks' network, and receiving PERMISSION to do a cardless ATM withdrawal.

Where, is just common sense we were taught or deduced as children.
The big clue for me was that my "piggy bank" was not really a "bank", and upon even my childish observation didn't resemble a real bank in the least...

That banks are "considered the safest way to keep your money" is simply a religious belief - same as the belief some have in the infallibility of Bitcoin.

Unlike Bitcoin THUS FAR though, the banking cult has proven countless times, throughout history, in every territory that it is far from infallible and safest - particularly because of the well-obscured fact that once your money is in it, there's not guarantee that "you can still get it back anytime you want".

In spite of multiple posts, you still haven’t offered or suggested a viable alternative to savings in a bank. Waste of time sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived