Man arrested after five stabbed at UK shopping mall

snoop1130

Man arrested after five stabbed at UK shopping mall

By Peter Powell

1_JS195664880.jpg

MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - Five people were stabbed at a shopping centre in the northern English city of Manchester on Friday and police said counter-terrorism detectives were leading the investigation.

The stabbings took place at the Arndale shopping centre in the heart of the city. The mall was evacuated as armed police rushed to the scene.

“We can confirm that five people have been stabbed and taken to hospital,” Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.

“In these early stages we are keeping an open mind about the motivation of this terrible incident and the circumstances as we know them.

“Given the location of the incident and its nature, officers from Counter Terrorism Police North West are leading the investigation as we determine the circumstances.”

They said a man in his 40s had been arrested at the scene on suspicion of serious assault. Pictures posted on social media showed officers using a stun gun on one man.

Mall director David Allinson told the Manchester Evening News the centre had been evacuated.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Twitter: “Shocked by the incident in Manchester and my thoughts are with the injured and all those affected.”

The city was the location for Britain’s most deadly militant attack in recent years when a suicide bomber killed 22 people in May 2017 at the end of a pop concert by Ariana Grande at the Manchester Arena, not far from the Arndale centre.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-10-11

Just to be clear: 'the militant attack' referred to in this article was a muslim suicide bomb attack which target girls at a concert. As the terrorist police are involved with this latest attack one can assume its not just 'some chav'. The assailant was reported to have repeatedly shout about him being a n****r. My bet is on a mixed race muslim convert. The killer in France last week was a muslim convert.

33 minutes ago, katana said:

Yes. Look at the colour of his face. Clearly not a white chav. But there is white material covering his leg. This terror attack will be blamed on mental illness. There wil be a cover up.

“In these early stages we are keeping an open mind about the motivation of this terrible incident and the circumstances as we know them.

“Given the location of the incident and its nature, officers from Counter Terrorism Police North West are leading the investigation as we determine the circumstances.”

The second para answers the first. I'm no Einstein, but I think I know the motivation.

Well, there we have it. The frame the BBC posted on their website showed the white leg but NOT the black face. Blatant distortion on their part and I'm sure done quite deliberately. I apologise for my misinterpretation - I should have know better as the BBC's left wing agenda bankrupted them of all reliability long ago.

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Yes. Look at the colour of his face. Clearly not a white chav. But there is white material covering his leg. This terror attack will be blamed on mental illness. There wil be a cover up.

Perhaps a wooden leg......????

I doubt your cover up bit.

This 'mental illness' factor can be a true one; but there is ample reason to believe that it probably isn't.  I mean, for example in the 1990's and 2000's, there were hardly any mentally ill people stabbing several people at malls, or running over people via vehicles. But since the Islamist wave of lone-wolf terror attacks started, suddenly, mentally ill people (of various degrees of Islamism) started committing such attacks ???Sorry, I don't buy it.

This is also true for Neo-Nazi, nativist, etc. terror acts, some of which were tied to the mental illness factor (albeit at much less number than that of Islamist terror acts)

On 10/12/2019 at 2:33 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Just to be clear: 'the militant attack' referred to in this article was a muslim suicide bomb attack which target girls at a concert. As the terrorist police are involved with this latest attack one can assume its not just 'some chav'. The assailant was reported to have repeatedly shout about him being a n****r. My bet is on a mixed race muslim convert. The killer in France last week was a muslim convert.

My bet is on him being a nutter.   You can stuff your religious bigotry up your back passage.

Archived