Snow in October - No visa required. Where?

JaiMaai

I was thinking of Japan or Korea as remote possibilities (mountains?); beyond that couldn't think of anywhere. Russia might be a possibility for the actual snow but pretty sure I need a visa for there.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

I was thinking of Japan or Korea as remote possibilities (mountains?); beyond that couldn't think of anywhere. Russia might be a possibility for the actual snow but pretty sure I need a visa for there.

Thais have visa free in Russia for 30 days. But the rest of us its a requirement to have a visa before arrival. The Russian embassy is 30 minutes away from DM airport, Bkk. Check Russian holidays as its closed then, also check their webpage for times of operation ( mainly mornings only). You can get the visa application form online ( recommended to complete before going there) but they have a second form I had to fill out at the embassy, 90% questions are on the original one. No longer need cash for the visa they have back flipped on payment; credit card only, pay extra for express delivery in 3 days and ONLY the applicant can put the application in, you get a receipt so someone else can pick up your passport. If you are feeling adventurous you can fly with S7 airlines direct from Swampy to Irkutsk, Siberia ( nice city) only about 5 hours better than the long haul to Moscow about 13 hours. However, be patient when you get to these out of Moscow places, English spoken people are rare.  Beregi Sebya.

Tsubetsu Snow Forecast - 7 and 14 day

When is Tsubetsu going to get fresh snow?

This is the Snow Forecast and Weather Outlook for Tsubetsu, Japan from 11 October.

Tsubetsu Snow Forecast Highlights
Next Snow Expected 13 October
Next Snow Amount 10cm
Next 7 Days 12cm
Full 7-Day Forecast  See Below
Free Snow Reports by e-Mail   Sign Up Here
For current snow depths and skiing conditions, see our Current Snow Report for Tsubetsu.

When will it snow in Tsubetsu?

The next notable snow forecast for Tsubetsu is 12cm, expected on 13 October, with around 12cm forecast over the next 7 days.

In my experience, you'll be disappointed with the reaction if you get to see snow.

Me (triumphantly) 'there you are, real snow!'

Her: 'oh right. .... It's cold here isn't it?'

Me: 'yes but we've come all this way, isn't it beautiful?'

Her: 'yes thanks, now can we find somewhere warm to eat?'.

Me:'!!!!!!!!'.......

1 hour ago, my friend I said:

When is Tsubetsu going to get fresh snow?

In stark contrast to misc other sources.

Double digit (C) high temperatures.

It's too early in the year and maybe you might see a melting patch.

Russia: aside from the visa topic, that's eastern Siberia.

Some of the snow places sparsely populated.

Your Thai partner will not feel too comfortable there.

Generally not for everyone.

13 hours ago, JaiMaai said:

North Korea is quite nice this time of the year. Who wants to see snow, your Thai lady? 

My (Thai) wife and kid were lucky to wake-up one morning to an early spring snow storm while visiting Canada ,it was like...."Yahoo (run outside).....mmm...NOW,NOW!!...but they loved it while it lasted,the snow was mostly gone by mid-afternoon.

I'd love to go back for Christmas some year because I really do miss the winter-season(been 20+years) but the thought of -20+ keeps me in Thailand. However, nothing better than spring skiing in the mountains,which I truly miss,especially the snow bunnies!!

....sorry,I digress....OP, Korea might be the closest visa exempt 'snow-zone' ,only 5hrs from BKK . here is an interesting link addressing the subject: https://thesoulofseoul.net/2017/01/26/snow-seoul-winter/

11143253_1142995809060249_2708626953736629428_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 3.48.54 PM.png

15 hours ago, legend49 said:

Thais have visa free in Russia for 30 days. But the rest of us its a requirement to have a visa before arrival. The Russian embassy is 30 minutes away from DM airport, Bkk. Check Russian holidays as its closed then, also check their webpage for times of operation ( mainly mornings only). You can get the visa application form online ( recommended to complete before going there) but they have a second form I had to fill out at the embassy, 90% questions are on the original one. No longer need cash for the visa they have back flipped on payment; credit card only, pay extra for express delivery in 3 days and ONLY the applicant can put the application in, you get a receipt so someone else can pick up your passport. If you are feeling adventurous you can fly with S7 airlines direct from Swampy to Irkutsk, Siberia ( nice city) only about 5 hours better than the long haul to Moscow about 13 hours. However, be patient when you get to these out of Moscow places, English spoken people are rare.  Beregi Sebya.

She will love the Mama noodles in Siberia ...

image.png.74f574c5ee8f0ac2629b67eef9180ea1.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived