Appendicitis or something else?

bbi1

Since a few hours ago, started getting pain on the very right side of my abdomen, about the same height as the belly button. The pain only happens when I walk, when the right foot hits the ground. Pain varies from being mild to occasionally sharp. Could this be appendicitis or something else causing this? Anyone else had anything similar before?

22 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Since a few hours ago, started getting pain on the very right side of my abdomen, about the same height as the belly button. The pain only happens when I walk, when the right foot hits the ground. Pain varies from being mild to occasionally sharp. Could this be appendicitis or something else causing this? Anyone else had anything similar before?

Symptons of appendicitis:

• Pain in your lower right belly or pain near your navel that moves lower. This is usually the first sign.
  • Loss of appetite
  • Nausea and vomiting soon after belly pain begins
  • Swollen belly       
  • Fever of 99-102 degrees
  • Can’t pass gas

Other less common symptoms of appendicitis include:

• Dull or sharp pain anywhere in your upper or lower belly, back, or rear end
  • Painful or difficult peeing
  • Vomiting before your belly pain starts
  • Severe cramps
  • Constipation or diarrhea with gas

If you have any of these symptoms, see a doctor right away. Timely diagnosis and treatment are important. Don’t eat, drink, or use any pain remedies, antacids, laxatives, or heating pads.

All of above from Webmd website.

This summer I experienced this symptom. I felt the same and exactly when my right heel hits the ground, I felt like a kick on the right side of my belly. Not big pain but I remarked it.... I thought it was my lever...

Along with this symptom and some others. I went to my Dr. after few tests, he said nothing was wrong with the lever....14th of June, I had a real pain went to the emergency, I was sent to the hospital to take the gastroscopy test, the Dr suspected it was the estomac.... Well, at the hospital they found out that it was actually Galle bladder......

I had some antibiotics, it was Ok for 4 weeks. The end of Jully, I had pain, I mean Pain..... the 3rd of August I had an operation, they removed the galle bladder. I'm fine now....

well, an other negative side of the story, I had to cancel my trip to LoS, lost money I paid for my hotels in BKK & Patts. The flight ticket I got only like 30-35% of the money I paid (taxes&other fees)..

Advice: You have to go to your Dr, to check wheither it's galle bladder or appendicitis......

I had grumbling apendix donkeys years ago and it hit me just above the groin area but due to my total dislike for hospitals and there smells i put up with it and my quak sugested i stop eating tomatoes of all things ... something to do with acids and the seeds but it cleared up and never returned i think your problen is not in that area lower down.... let us all know how you get on ey.

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Could be a number of things of hich appendix is one.. You need to see a doctor.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ok thanks for all the replies. The pain went away last night so it was only for a few hours that it lasted. Still worth going to the hospital to check it up? Does anyone know if Pattaya Memorial decent enough for them to check this?

29 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Memorial would be fine.

If pain is totally gone, no fever, no nausea, no tenderness when you press on the spot, normal appetite and bowel movements then I think you can skip it until/unless it recurs.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ok thanks. Everything else is fine so I'll just wait and see.

some things can 'mimic' appendicitis symptoms...many years ago when I got bad hangovers and things associated with dehydration which result from too much drinkin' I thought that I was gonna die...then I'd re hydrate, lay off the booze and become right as rain again...easy enough to do when yer in yer 20s...

not to say that being aware of genuine symptoms is not important...acute appendicitis can kill ye if not treated in a timely manner...

13 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I thought that I was gonna die...then I'd re hydrate, lay off the booze and become right as rain again...easy enough to do when yer in yer 20s...

And later in life we pass stones (which can be extremely painful) or have gallbladder stones block flow to breakdown fats (although that pain is normally a bit higher in abdomen I believe).  I know gallbladder stones can be seen in simple ultrasound as wife just had removed),

Archived