Should I buy a cheap battery?

alien365

1 hour ago, transam said:

Toyota gave me 90 days for a Toyota battery....????

That's hilarious ????????????

I think I'll check the water levels more frequently then as I only currently check every couple of months. I'll add it to my routine of picking the small stones out of my tyres...  I should probably do a load test to check the alternator while I'm at it too. For me I guess I also have a few gizmos, the aircon has to work hard, I have a dashcam front and rear, I have an air purifier for the PM2.5, and the missus and I charge our phones up in the car.

2 hours ago, johng said:

You could lift the bonnet/hood every time you park so the battery cools quicker..or you could relocate the battery to the boot/trunk   some cars ( I only know of the Jaguar XJ something or other ) have a special duct with a small fan that draws in cool air from outside for a period of time after the engine stops to cool the battery.

I've recently started opening the bonnet when I get home and it is pretty hot under there. During the day I am parked underground so the car stays relatively cool. 

On 10/12/2019 at 2:15 AM, JAS21 said:

Battery life here in Thailand is shorter than in the UK. The main reason being the high temperature in the engine compartment and how long it takes to fall after parking.  In fact for a period after parking the under hood/bonnet temperature actually rises.

And I thought that it was cold freezing temperatures that were hardest on batteries. So in fact it is extremes in both directions. 

Archived