Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Can anyone confirm this as I'm  a bit confused.

 

Is it right that I have to put 400k into the bank, wait 15 days then apply for my extension, marriage/dependent?

 Then wait a month before I they give a year extension.

 

If so, do I need the statement, when the 400k goes in or on the day I apply?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems you arrived in Thailand either visa exempt or with a tourist visa. You wish to extend your stay based on either a Thai spouse or Thai children. If you want a long term extension, this requires the following steps:

  • Your tourist entry must be converted into a Non Immigrant entry based on the intention to subsequently apply for a one-year extension of stay. You must have at least 15 days left on your current permission to stay on the date of application (more at some immigration offices). You need to show 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account, together with proof that the money came from abroad (Alternatively, depending on your nationality, you may be able to get a letter from your embassy confirming a minimum income of 40,000 baht per month.) When you apply for the conversion, there is an under consideration period. You are given a date to return to have the 90-day non immigrant stamp (and used non immigrant visa) placed in your passport.
  • Towards the end of the 90-day non immigrant entry, you return to immigration to apply for a one-year extension of your permission to stay.

(I have glossed over details of these steps to aid your understanding of the basic process.)

 

As an alternative, you can apply (one time) for a 60-day extension of your permission to stay to visit your wife/children. This is simpler, not requiring financial proof or any under consideration period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It seems you arrived in Thailand either visa exempt or with a tourist visa. You wish to extend your stay based on either a Thai spouse or Thai children.

No, ive been here 25 years and changing my cisa extension from working to marriage/ dependent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you will be applying for the extension based upon being the parent of a Thai there is no requirement to have the money in the bank for any amount of time. I think the officer told you to put the money in the bank and return in 15 days to apply since you were trying do it to early.

You can expect to need to keep the 400k baht in the bank during the 30 day under consideration period that will start from end of your current extension.

As I have written before there is no dependent extension.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you will be applying for the extension based upon being the parent of a Thai there is no requirement to have the money in the bank for any amount of time. I think the officer told you to put the money in the bank and return in 15 days to apply since you were trying do it to early.

You can expect to need to keep the 400k baht in the bank during the 30 day under consideration period that will start from end of your current extension.

As I have written before there is no dependent extension.

Hi, off topic here, you seem to be the guru here for immigration. I am going to apply for a marriage visa, have a list of requirements to take , however cant seem to find any info if there is a specific immigration application form?? Help needed. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Hi, off topic here, you seem to be the guru here for immigration. I am going to apply for a marriage visa, have a list of requirements to take , however cant seem to find any info if there is a specific immigration application form?? Help needed. Cheers.

I assume you want to apply for an extension (not a Visa) of permission of stay based on marriage.

Use form TM7 and state reason as 'married to Thai national'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Hi, off topic here, you seem to be the guru here for immigration. I am going to apply for a marriage visa, have a list of requirements to take , however cant seem to find any info if there is a specific immigration application form?? Help needed. Cheers.

TM7 is used for any kind of extension. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry if i jump in, it means if you got a thai child not need 400k for 1 year stamp if you have non o??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kralledr said:

sorry if i jump in, it means if you got a thai child not need 400k for 1 year stamp if you have non o??

No

To apply for a extension of stay the 400k baht still needs to be in the bank on the day you apply for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kralledr said:

sorry if i jump in, it means if you got a thai child not need 400k for 1 year stamp if you have non o??

No, you need 400K just the same, but based on Thai child there is no requirement for the funds to be seasoned for 2 months prior to the date of application.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

No, you need 400K just the same, but based on Thai child there is no requirement for the funds to be seasoned for 2 months prior to the date of application.

thanks!

 

do i waited 2 months for nothing immi not told me that...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kralledr said:

thanks!

 

do i waited 2 months for nothing immi not told me that...

Perhaps they thought you were applying based on marriage, or they aren't familiar with their own Police Orders, which wouldn't surprise me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Hi, off topic here, you seem to be the guru here for immigration. I am going to apply for a marriage visa, have a list of requirements to take , however cant seem to find any info if there is a specific immigration application form?? Help needed. Cheers.

if you are in Mukdahan then my advice would be to get a multi entry non immigrant o visa, overnight stay in Savannakhet required for being married to a Thai national, no financials required, then during any of the 90 day entries that that visa gives extend for one year being married to a Thai national.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, steve187 said:

if you are in Mukdahan then my advice would be to get a multi entry non immigrant o visa, overnight stay in Savannakhet required for being married to a Thai national, no financials required, then during any of the 90 day entries that that visa gives extend for one year being married to a Thai national.

From his previous posts, I believe he's already on an extension based on retirement, he just wants to switch to an extension based on marriage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steve187 said:

if you are in Mukdahan then my advice would be to get a multi entry non immigrant o visa, overnight stay in Savannakhet required for being married to a Thai national, no financials required, then during any of the 90 day entries that that visa gives extend for one year being married to a Thai national.

No, that is no use as I am in the Thai Naturalisation process and need a continous 1 year extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...