Does reading Thai Visa Forum make you feel negative or positive?

sunnyboy2018

I feel very negative about some TVF members , especially bashing Thailand people, many of them here, never satisfied 

apart this, I got many helps here for technical problems ( electricity, computers …) from members; thanks to them 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Does reading Thai Visa Forum make you feel negative or positive about Thailand,  the Thai people and the expats and tourists in Thailand?

Reading the DIY forum makes me positive, some of the posts on farang pub make me laugh, and some of the divorce threads make me want to cry.

It's too varied a forum to generalise.

Try confining your question to a specific sub forum.

• Like 1

Honestly, I do not feel either emotion (Positive or Negative) reading TVF. Its just content. Now I do not read the news sections as I do not typically follow any news anywhere. Its all garbage IMHO.

That said, I find TVF a reasonably good information source when you are looking for something specific or want to join in on some occasional banter in a few threads. 

Short of that, I am too busy to sit around reading forum material. Much better things to do quite frankly.

• Like 1

My wife is different = amused

Is this snake going to hunt down and kill everyone I know = amused

Ford Rangers are <deleted> = amused

I want to extend my visa. You mean permit to stay ? Visa, permit to stay same thing = amused

My neighbors have opened a Karaoke bar, what can I do = amused

Our dog just died = very sad

Basically, I'm amused by most of it...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The positives and negatives I have with regards to living in Thailand all come from my own personal experiences. Reading TV just makes me realise that I have a lot more positives than many other expats here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

My thoughts exactly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does reading Thai Visa Forum make you feel negative or positive about Thailand,  the Thai people

Neither here nor there, far too biased.

and the expats and tourists in Thailand?

Very negatively about the expats who post on here.

11 hours ago, CLS said:

I don’t think I could tolerate this country full time.

No i could'nt if i only read TV and used this forum to base my thoughts on the country and people....

9 hours ago, madmen said:

but whatever gets the mouse's clicking is a bonus for them.

Yep, always been about chasing the $.

The most commercial Thai based expat forum by far.

And certainly not for the better.

• Like 1

Everything i see in real life is positive for me here,i use Thai visa for information regarding things i need to know ,as for the negative <deleted> on here from the losers ,well you get that anywhere ,not just here in Thailand ,some are stupid ,some are unlucky and some are just losers.

3 minutes ago, Moo 2 said:

Do you know any country in the world controlled by the militaries which is doing well and where

citizens lead a happy life? I don't.

"it's Nice to be Important but it's Important to be Nice"

Wrong thread......????

• Haha 1

I feel negative or positive about any topic based on my own experiences, observations and studied research, not from the ravings of members of an anonymous social media forum.  Anyone foolish enough to build their own opinions and beliefs from what is posted here really needs to open their eyes, get out more, and think for themselves.

• Like 1

20 years Thailand. Reading more than TVF and it doesn't makes me pessimistic at all. I take it as where it is coming from. Have my own opinion. Many problems are because the poster makes them himself by missing any experience or bad attitude and behavior. Most of the visa problems are because the poster wants to stay here, for what reason it can be, with the wrong visa. Be honest with yourself: if you stay here long time: are you a tourist or not?

Pessimistic people have often a financial problem and cannot effort a comfortable stay here, so they complain about everything. Many times I just have to laugh ... rolling over the floor laughing my ..... off.

I get a lot of negative feelings from Thaivisa.

They're mainly related to the surplus of bigoted and ignorant posters who display their lack of knowledge and cognitive thinking as some sort of badge of honour. 

It's extremely annoying to come in a few hours late to an important information thread only to find the aforementioned have babbled the content out to a dozen or more pages. Having to wade through the dross to get the salient information invokes negativity in me.

On the positive side of TVF, I consider it to be the first and best English source of important information relating to life here. 

• Like 2

I get a lot of negative feelings from Thaivisa.
They're mainly related to the surplus of bigoted and ignorant posters who display their lack of knowledge and cognitive thinking as some sort of badge of honour. 
It's extremely annoying to come in a few hours late to an important information thread only to find the aforementioned have babbled the content out to a dozen or more pages. Having to wade through the dross to get the salient information invokes negativity in me.
On the positive side of TVF, I consider it to be the first and best English source of important information relating to life here. 
True plus the posts that mysteriously disappear
  • Thanks 1

Negative towards expat forums, not towards Thailand. I read few articles, the subject headlines in the daily email bulletin I receive are usually bad enough. 

I appreciate the occasional factual article, and some subscribers being genuinely helpful, bless them, but the same questions being asked by idiots over and over about the same immigration matters, about being expat in Vietnam v. Thailand, about when will the Baht fall, etc. etc. without cease make me want to weep.

The <deleted> to gold ratio is far too high for me to want to participate regularly.

But KUTGW.... ????

I like to think that some of my posts make others smile or occasionally laugh.

I also find the forum is full of interesting facts.

Definitely no better place for info on visas, immigration etc.

Criticism is all part and parcel of a forum. Everyone has their own view which can be expressed.

But what really gets me low are the comments that are way below the belt, i.e. calling authorities morons or idiots. There is no need for these abusive comments.

Other than that all is cool as a cucumber. (Where does that saying come from anyway?)

• Thanks 1

I think it's very important to differentiate between governments and citizens, so I would never cast dispersions on your average person just trying to get by. But the ineptitude of governments and people in the position of power (no matter which country) will always draw criticism from me. I've never been comfortable with standing by and watching people get screwed over.

For the most part I enjoy reading these forums because there are some quality people here and they've really opened my eyes.