Does reading Thai Visa Forum make you feel negative or positive?

sunnyboy2018

22 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

I enjoy the misery here and I made a promise to myself to never become one of these bitter old fools that live here

Sounds to me that you are well on your way already by being a bitter young fool, but before you do anything I would call a suicide hotline..

22 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Did I strike a nerve with one of the said coffin dodgers / bald fat sexpats? 

Weight problems magically happen when you turn old?

How about not eating like a hippo all day? I go to the gym nearly everyday and eat well, I’m tall, so my calorie needs are high. I’m not some five foot 7, old troglodyte who binges on fried food and cheap beer, so don’t count on me being fat. 

As for the women in my old country, the last woman I was with I left because she was desperate to have a baby and I didn’t want one. The juice simply isn’t worth the squeeze, me being here has nothing to do with being unwanted. 

What was your previous user name.......????

There are some topics that are interesting though many are repeats of repeats.  TV  does offer some light entertainment, sometimes resembling a sitcom where the antagonists go at each other like elementary school kids.   Usually I accept that there are different personalities and (thai) life experiences amongst members.   That is fine and interesting enough.

The one thing that does bother me is not so much a negative comment or IMO an incorrect one, but the

occasional low self- esteemed member that more than occasionally attempts to hijack a thread by posting boasting assertions of their life here accompanied by photos of the expensive breakfast they ate yesterday. 

Now that i can't stomach. 

Edited by rumak

Most of all I get <deleted> of those who claim Thailand is bad, difficult when it is their lack of knownledge and lack of plan when they first moved here, and was a millonere. Thay have had their time, but did not think of tomorow for one second. 

Now, visa is difficult, insurance is difficult, and they are stuck here with expensive house/appartmen, can not sell, everything is in another name, and their pention, is worth <deleted>. They also been treathing their body like a garbage can, and also never ever thought of getting older and keep their health. Now cambodia is next destination? 

What I ment, it is hard to see who have been bad treated by thailand new rules, and those who should have seen it coming. To much noise 

Thailand is a country where you have to expect changes, and maybe those changes have come faster than most believed. Still a dictatur, and do not or have never put their own people first (except those who inside the right circle), so why should they do that to foreigners? 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My plan was to be dead by now.

Sorry, I did my best to eat, drink, whore and drug myself into the grave, but it didn't work.

The same plan did work for nearly all my pals, guess I'm just unlucky.

Ah well, at least i can still spell, so it's not all bad.

I can still learn to spell ???? but, english is not my first language. (Thank god)

23 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Is this a real question?

Nearly everyone here is some bitter coffin dodger, bald, old, or fat dude who completely struck out back home and holds a lot of resentment towards women and life in general. Rarely anyone here is a pleasant, well adjusted person. Basically over half the forum is populated with guys who couldn’t get laid in their own country and came to Thailand to become perpetual sex tourists.

This is not a troll opinion, I am simply stating the truth, how many times has something bad news related been posted and the replies are always “amazing Thailand!” Or some other <deleted>ty sarcastic remark or otherwise Thai bashing. If you hate Thailand so much, why are you here? Oh right, because you were a complete nobody back home and invisible to women. 

I enjoy the misery here and I made a promise to myself to never become one of these bitter old fools that live here. Currently I’m young and living like a king here and getting unbridled attention from women all the time. It must really suck to be completely invisible and unwanted by women other than for your wallet. This forum just seems to breed hostility and negativity, and it’s absolutely entertaining and ironic to watch.

I hope this doesn’t come across as a troll post, this is just what I’ve noticed here. 

It just comes across as rather sad. I'm sorry for you.

Edited by Thingamabob
Missed a sentence.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My plan was to be dead by now.

We can fix that. PM me where you will be next week!

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Ah well, at least i can still spell, so it's not all bad.

I know what you mean, My wife appreciates a good long spelling every once in a while .She loves it when I do "antidisestablishmentarianism" :tongue:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I know what you mean, My wife appreciates a good long spelling every once in a while .She loves it when I do "antidisestablishmentarianism" :tongue:

I prefer "floccinaucinihilipilification" from way back in the days when I worked on 'Catchword' with  Gyles Brandreth. "Ballistocardiography" was another one.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

You're a Vicar.....?

• Haha 1

There are truly some nasty miserable old (mostly men) that post on this Thai Visa.  Sometimes the stuff they come out with is outrageous and horrible.  It used to make me depressed reading some of the stupid and cruel posts that would come up on some threads, and also how replies to a genuine question by someone wanting advise would quickly turn into a mindless bitter argument many times.

However, I have learnt to avoid certain topics as they attract these people.  Blocking out some of the regular argumentative and weird people is also a good tip.  Now its much nicer to use this site!!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

There are truly some nasty miserable old (mostly men) that post on this Thai Visa.  Sometimes the stuff they come out with is outrageous and horrible.  It used to make me depressed reading some of the stupid and cruel posts that would come up on some threads, and also how replies to a genuine question by someone wanting advise would quickly turn into a mindless bitter argument many times.

However, I have learnt to avoid certain topics as they attract these people.  Blocking out some of the regular argumentative and weird people is also a good tip.  Now its much nicer to use this site!!  

So what topics do you read that the oddballs avoid....?  ????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

So what topics do you read that the oddballs avoid....?  ????

I stick to the topics that are related to my interests, hobbies or some visa questions mostly.

I avoid anything to do with topics about people having personal problems with the Thai wife or girlfriend, minority rights for people here or in other countries, and politics.  

On 10/11/2019 at 9:15 PM, Dmaxdan said:

The positives and negatives I have with regards to living in Thailand all come from my own personal experiences. Reading TV just makes me realise that I have a lot more positives than many other expats here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 10/11/2019 at 9:15 PM, Dmaxdan said:

The positives and negatives I have with regards to living in Thailand all come from my own personal experiences. Reading TV just makes me realise that I have a lot more positives than many other expats here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Exactly my feelings makes me so happy that I am not as negative as most on here.

• Like 1

I’m new to this site though I’ve been married to a Thai lady for 10 years who is also a US citizen. We spend occasional vacations over here as we are now, but we live in the US. I haven’t posted before but have recently found this forum useful on various Thai visa questions as I have considered spending a few months of the year here in the next few years. I enjoy the people, the food, the culture, the beautiful scenery and the climate in the winter season. Glad to have a resource like this. I haven’t really spent much time in the other forums but I’ll check them out as my need for local information arises. So for me it’s positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

i'd say thaivisa makes me ever so positive about staying long term in neighboring countrys . i'd thought of visiting for a month but then after reading thaivisa for a couple of days thought why risk it. maybe next year i'll come over and withdraw a big whack from my thai savings accounts again. yep this junta sure know how to run a country

Edited by pommyBrexitBarstool
  • Like 1

There's generally a balance of positive and negative, plus some valuable information, some whiners and a few humourous posts, so overall the impact is neutral fire me.

But there's a minority who post some thoroughly hurtful, personal remarks, and I do wonder they do that?  If you've nothing of value to add, why not just move on to another post rather than taking the time to post something offensive.

And the regular trivial, circular arguments can be irritating, as they disrupt the thread.