BANGKOK
sunnyboy2018

Does reading Thai Visa Forum make you feel negative or positive?

14 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Does reading Thai Visa Forum make you feel negative or positive about Thailand,  the Thai people and the expats and tourists in Thailand?

TVF does not make me feel negative about Thailand at all. But the negative attitude of so many of the posters here does rile me a lot at times. I often wonder why on Earth they stay here at all.

However the simple act of going for an hour's walk in the clean air and rural beauty of the Issan countryside that surrounds me soon lifts my spirits again. It's the perfect antidote.

I have also discovered the usefulness of the 'ignore toggle' in the settings section. Certain people who used to really get up my nose, don't anymore thanks to that facility. (No doubt my handle also appears on some of their lists as well. Suits me fine 🙂 )

Have a great weekend everyone.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

Nothing I read on here changes my generally very positive perception of regular Thai people. There have always been good ones and bad ones, just like everywhere else on this planet. I make an effort to surround myself with good ones and I'm generally very happy with them.

What I read here does make me despise Thai officials even more, however. Basically a matter of reinforcing my views.

What I read on this forum does not change my opinion of Thailand or Thai's, or even those expats and other foreigners around me. 

It does allow me to recognise how imbalanced some people are in their opinions, as others have put it, I too wonder why they are here. 

That said, there is plenty of valid criticism of Thailand expressed on this forum, I don't see this as a negative thing, just a fact - the issue with these facts its that they are often accompanied with highly emotive phrasing and extreme bias usually by those who lack the intelligence to separate the two [facts & emotion].

Then you have the posters who would take one word or phrase from someones post, exaggerate it, take it out of context and either deliberately misunderstand, misunderstand because they are dumb or change the context because all they want to do is argue but lack the complete set of intellectual tools to do so eloquently and intelligently - this is often entertaining.

ThaiVisa making me feel negative or positive? - neither, its a good source of information and it passes a few mins a day I'd otherwise spend reading the same twaddle about brexit or impeachment threats while having my coffee... 

Added to which, there are plenty of good people on TV.com, more so than the prolific but negative posters - everything must be viewed in balance, and the negative and unhinged posters are definitely not balanced.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The positives and negatives I have with regards to living in Thailand all come from my own personal experiences. Reading TV just makes me realise that I have a lot more positives than many other expats here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I agree with you. 

I miss the Liverpool echo ! and a pint of real ale 😎 

Edited by Liverpudlian

I feel sorry for those who are clearly not happy here and feel the need to express their anger on Thai Visa. For me Thai Visa can be a source of useful info on occasions, but I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared.

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

It is very hard not to be critical when mistakes are being made. Obviously it is a kindness to keep your mouth shut when it is none of your business and no one is getting hurt. But people are getting hurt all the time. Not just in Thailand obviously.

A forum attracts critical discussion. People are concerned with problems more than they are with success. Success doesn't need to be solved. If you listen to conversations, most of the time people are talking about problems

I am critical of human activity all over the world. There is a whole lot of stupid out there these days. I love a bit of problem solving. But it is difficult if you can't honestly analyze/discuss the problem. I think there are a lot of people who don't want to hear criticisms because they prefer to keep their illusions. But being critical is part of making things better. Of course being critical without suggesting solutions is just misanthropy. There are some folks that are all storm cloud and no rainbow. But even from them, observations can be valid. And you have the added benefit of pointing out their mistakes.

An excellent response.. 

Start a Thread with , "Everything is fine, nothing much happening here. don't need help with anything " and will not get much more response other than "Ohh That's nice" ,  So mostly negative things are reported or advise for is asked .

We all ofer Opinion and solutions and we often disagree on solutions or offer opposing opinions. 

We can Disagree without being Disagreeable!!  

Why cant some accept the fact that since they have being wrong in the past, could also be wrong now? 

I for one am willing to accept the above fact and and just as soon as I am ever wrong I will be the first to admit it .

Unfortunately (well actually fortunately for all of those partaking in my magnificence) I haven't being wrong yet, but just as soon as I am..........:tongue:

• Haha 1

I have to admit I do not login & read often as it is pretty depressing.

But when in the USA I do not watch or listen to the News either for the same reason.

Over the years TVF has also been a resource for official visa steps/info etc.

Other than that I do not view it as a relaxing social type platform

Edited by meechai

Positive, for the following reasons:

1/ Excellent resources for various topics, e.g. visas, electrical wiring, medical. They know who they are.

2/ Some very witty posters.

3/ Quixotic news items. Truth can be stranger than fiction sometimes.

• Thanks 1

One man’s negativity is another man’s reality.

• Like 1

Thai Visa is a good source of vital information and news, which is the positive side.

After that we have all the complainers which is the negative side.

Although, it serves a purpose and stands as a positive thing for me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The news articles are fine to keep me updated about what's going on, I'm not feeling negative before reading comments – sometimes even begin with the first post – and that's not negative about Thailand, but the generally negative posters, which I don't understand why are staying here, or just following the forums if they are not here anymore, when they seem to hate Thailand that much...🤔

I however do read some of the negative posts to see, if there are something I misunderstood about Land-of-Smiles, but I'm still positive happy staying here...🙂

Many selected user threads are very informative and good knowledge, and by time one learn to quickly skip most of the negative comments, so looked at the bright side of life, it's no so negative, TVF actually quite positive...😉