China denounces Thai politicians for show of support to Hong Kong activists

rooster59

3 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

China is really stirring up a lot of anti-china sentiment with their blocking/forcing of NBA, Apple, US airlines. different fashion brands, detaining the 2 Canadians, the Interpol president and now criticize Thailand. What is next Winnie the Pooh?

Even little Prague is being a target:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-09/beijing-takes-aim-at-prague-after-one-china-dispute-deepens

You name it! Winnie the Pooh is an American Spy. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:
5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Apirat added, showing the picture of Thanathorn and Wong that was posted on social media, though Thanathorn was blacked

up as he was auditioning for the comeback Black & White minstrels show ..

Dark humour there...

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"This is wrong and irresponsible. China hopes that relevant people will understand the truth about problems in Hong Kong, act carefully and do useful things for the friendship between China and Thailand."

what's wrong is China criticizing every country that has a different opinion than theirs, since they want to be recognized as an international economic power they should act like one and accept that other  people may have different opinions/views of what they call internal affairs, HK is anything but an internal affair, same for Taiwan whom they harass on a daily basis. China way for the international community to accept their way of thinking it's using blackmail, unfortunately some countries they do bend/give up to the threatening, glad the majority is not doing it

If Thailand wants to be regarded as something more than a mere Chinese satrapy, they must push back on this. If they don't, if they accept it, or if they endorse it and act on China's orders, then it is time for the US, Japan, and others to act accordingly and pull their investment from the country.

23 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

what's wrong is China criticizing every country that has a different opinion than theirs, since they want to be recognized as an international economic power they should act like one and accept that other  people may have different opinions/views of what they call internal affairs, HK is anything but an internal affair, same for Taiwan whom they harass on a daily basis. China way for the international community to accept their way of thinking it's using blackmail, unfortunately some countries they do bend/give up to the threatening, glad the majority is not doing it

Honk Kong, the Chinese province in China peopled by Chinese citizens isn't an internal affair?

Do tell....

4 hours ago, stickyrice2000 said:

Is Thailand bowing to China now?  I don't see no wrong with taking picture with Joshua Wong.    

What do you mean now?

They've been bent over holding their ankles ever since the second Thaksin putsch.

Now that their old nemesis seems to have been forgotten, they just need a brash, fresh new bogeyman to justify their keeping control.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What do you mean now?

They've been bent over holding their ankles ever since the second Thaksin putsch.

Now that their old nemesis seems to have been forgotten, they just need a brash, fresh new bogeyman to justify their keeping control.

Well Thaksin and his PTP won't be supporting the protesters in HK, that's for sure.

Wouldn't want to rock the boat. There's Yingluck's nice litter earner for starters!

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"Wong came to Thailand countless of times. To meet whom? The meetings had hidden agendas. Were they conspiring, cooking up something together?" Apirat asked.

"How did they meet, taking a motorcycle taxi or the BTS? Were they singing at a karaoke, choosing songs with a code? Did they eat som tam together and what would that signify? How did they recognize each other and was there a secret handshake? My mind is reeling at the implications of my delusions...", Apirat continued.

33 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Honk Kong, the Chinese province in China peopled by Chinese citizens isn't an internal affair?

Do tell....

even if it's internal affair outsiders have the right to their opinion... you claimed to be from the UK which currently is having the Brexit issue and considered an internal affair and yet so many people from different countries have an opinion about

You know for certain you are speaking truth, on the right side of history, and on the right ethical track, when you are criticized and denounced by the Chicoms. They are as morally bankrupt, corrupt, heinous and in possession of very bad intentions, as a government gets. Kudos to this guy for saying what needs to be said. 

Though the law allows China to take over in 21 years, they are reneging on their agreement to allow political independence until then. They deserve all the criticism the world can muster up. The US is no longer even pretending to be a moral authority. Not with Don Donald at the helm. So far only a few Thai politicians and the NBA are speaking up. Has to start somewhere. The extremely cowardly Thai Army would never stand up to China. They are morally bankrupt. 

Thanathorn was attending a function organised by the Economist in HK....maybe more people in Thailand should actually log on to this agency and read full stories about Thailand that are banned here.

Small minds here that never open.

Calling Thanatorn a communist while supporting communist China ohh the ironyyyyyyyyy. 

Baff. Speechless. That's too much even for Thai logic. 

But finally China is on fire, it won't take forever till their communist card house falls together with a big boom boom (not the same kind of boom boom Thai girls like to make).

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

A great nation with seven thousands of years of history, and a cradle of philosophy doth protest too much.  

That was before the revolution, now they have a pedophile and a mass murdering bully on every banknote, so they have no reason to be taken seriously in the moral outrage stakes. No civilization lasts for ever but the Chinese one lives on in Taiwan and HK, not on the mainland. I love Chinese culture, but the CCP is not part of it.

Nothing but PRC propaganda. I tend to side with the protesters but not some of the violence with is taking place.  PRC is trying to intimidate anybody who shows a modicum of support for the protesters.  Suggest that we just boycott their goods.

6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

China is really stirring up a lot of anti-china sentiment with their blocking/forcing of NBA, Apple, US airlines. different fashion brands, detaining the 2 Canadians, the Interpol president and now criticize Thailand. What is next Winnie the Pooh?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-09/beijing-takes-aim-at-prague-after-one-china-dispute-deepens

Interesting. Exactly my sentiment too. Maybe I need to take a trip to Prague as would be some great conversation and fun..

1 minute ago, maddermax said:

Nothing but PRC propaganda. I tend to side with the protesters but not some of the violence with is taking place.  PRC is trying to intimidate anybody who shows a modicum of support for the protesters.  Suggest that we just boycott their goods.

That are mostly copied with the property right stolen from the west that they hate, yes.

6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

And China doesn't care how many feet it treads on. Why? Because business trumps all and no-one has yet refused to do business with China because of its appalling human rights record and lack of transparency and respect even towards its own people. Like Russia, like Saudi Arabia, they know they can do anything they want with total impunity.

I can remember when the colony was British in the 1990's, it was leased from the Chinese in 50 year blocks but the Chinese stated in the late 70's I think, might have been early 80's that they wanted it back at the end of the current term which I think ended in 1997 or there abouts. At the time the local population took care of their own affairs the UK took care of external affairs, Chris Patten the then Governor tried to keep everything much as it was in British way for the locals as the handover came around and although the Chinese had said it was to be run differently to the mainland I think many of the local Hong Kong population have been disappointed with the way things have turned out is not surprising in a way that something would happen that would trigger unrest. The Hong Kong version of democracy as perceived and how it has turned out shows a wide chasm.

It would have been a lot better if China had just taken control but let Hong Kong carry on as it was, as a global financial centre but in imposing its will has brought about the current situation.

Just after the handover I met several people from Hong Kong and asked how they thought things would turn out and to put it mildly they were not hopeful and many were leaving, they had British passports so they had options.

I don't see a good end to this and you cannot stop people, free people making comments, the Chinese might not like it but that is part of the problem they have to get to grips with.

Archived