Knocked up at 14 years old....sad but true.

Grumpy John

So it was Friday the 10th and we had to take the little guy down to the local clinic for his shots, which are one in each leg of what I don't know but hopefully something that will be good for him.  Whilst waiting I notice this cute young girl (from the boobs up) sitting on the other row of seats in front and next to a lad that was 15 or 16.  She got up and walked around and she had a baby bump!  The baby bump would suggest she is 5 months gone.  I said to the wife "how old is she?"  and she said 14....maybe 15.  Crazy huh!  And I am sure condoms are not to expensive at the local pharmacy.....probably free at the same clinic!  So here is a girl who's life is going to be less than ideal with a guy who maybe less than ideal and to top it off if he leaves school to support the girl and the baby his career choices will be lump bags of fertiliser at the local ag store, work for a mango picking contractor or live with the parents and work on the family farm.  Sad but true.

Today, Saturday, we are at Nong Young market and it's mud and slush everywhere so the wife says "Wait on the concrete next to the flower sellers and I'll come back here".   I did!  Looking around I see many pretty young faces walk by.  Not super fancy dressers but girl's that would look good in fancy dresses.  I wondered to myself how many would end up pregnant and locked into a life with no great future.  I guess it all depends on the slick young Thai guy on the hotted up Wave to dazzle her with his charm, wit and slick hair style....or not.

The point I want to make is, at least here in the country, you cannot change peoples thinking or their habits in one or 2 decades.  There are many in fact that fall asleep in their hammocks dreaming of old Siam.   The buffalo where plentiful and the women went topless!  Even my wife remembers the buffalo before the 2 wheeled tractor came along....you have to go further back for the topless women!

Nothing new here,happens everywhere...many times with the parents knowledge/consent.....don,t forget when those siblings grow up they will be expected to send money back home for them......children here are considered the same as a pension in other countries :whistling:

Picture if you will, a sleepy boring village, hamlett or no-name small town where there isn't much to do but to drink, ride your bike to impress the local gals and have sex, it's happening all over Thailand and developing countries and soon the young ones get into mischief reckless behaviour, but no one make a fuss of it here, that's is life...

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Picture if you will, a sleepy boring village, hamlett or no-name small town where there isn't much to do but to drink, ride your bike to impress the local gals and have sex, it's happening all over Thailand and developing countries and soon the young ones get into mischief reckless behaviour, but no one make a fuss of it here, that's is life...

"a sleepy boring village, hamlett or no-name small town "  Ah, you know were I live!

I find the OP's nascent fascination with,

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

cute young girl (from the boobs up)

and

girl's that would look good in fancy dresses

and

topless women!

all a tad discomfiting.

I said to the wife "how old is she?"  and she said 14....maybe 15.  Crazy huh!

It's entirely normal and natural.

Us western folk are the one's who are denying nature and pretending girls don't want to be pregnant the moment it's possible.

You think studying for a worthless degree, then working in an office until a woman's 35 is the recipe for a happy and fulfilled life?

PS. It was only a year or two back I managed to convince my MiL not to walk around the house topless when she came for a visit.

So here is a girl who's life is going to be less than ideal

These are the type of girls that after the bf left her, will be working in a bar, and if lucky picked up by an older farang who maybe marry her. Everybody happy, including her parents. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

with a guy who maybe less than ideal and to top it off if he leaves school to support the girl and the baby his career choices will be lump bags of fertiliser at the local ag store, work for a mango picking contractor or live with the parents and work on the family farm.  Sad but true.

No it's not true.

Her dad could be the father. 

On 10/12/2019 at 4:30 AM, petermik said:

Nothing new here,happens everywhere...many times with the parents knowledge/consent.....don,t forget when those siblings grow up they will be expected to send money back home for them......children here are considered the same as a pension in other countries :whistling:

Nothing new, right. Still wrong and almost impossible, though.

They have to or are expected to send money home! Yes, true. Tell that to the young girl and the half man that he describe in the OP. Here the girl will have to stay home and the half man will get a very low salury job. They have to support and pay for themselfs and the newborn. Where is the money to send to their parents?

After you considered that, you can just post another ignorant yellow wisseling icon.

OP, i'm sure, if you did some research, you'll find teenage pregnancy happens, and is a problem, in your home country - it certainly is in mine. very sad but a problem all over the world, in fact there is less excuse in many western countries due to the proactive sex education in schools.

20 hours ago, Vacuum said:
On 10/12/2019 at 9:23 AM, Grumpy John said:

So here is a girl who's life is going to be less than ideal

20 hours ago, Vacuum said:

These are the type of girls that after the bf left her, will be working in a bar, and if lucky picked up by an older farang who maybe marry her. Everybody happy, including her parents. :thumbsup:

And the downside? Well there are a number, but the chief one IMO is that yet another young kid is dumped on aging grand parents whose interest in raising said kid is, at best, dubious.

Actually what struck me about the OP's story was not the too young, pregnant girl (hardly rare in this place), but that he would let a doctor in Thailand inject his kid with God only knows what and not know what he was getting. Maybe a syringe full of antibiotics the kid doesn't need. 

• 2 months later...

Archived