BANGKOK
rooster59

Two dead as train hits car in Trang

"where they found the wreckage of a bronze Toyota Vios sedan, license plate Kor Tor 8747"

Did it turn silver with fright when it saw it was about to be crushed by a train?

12 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

"where they found the wreckage of a bronze Toyota Vios sedan, license plate Kor Tor 8747"

Did it turn silver with fright when it saw it was about to be crushed by a train?

Bizarrely, the Thai use of the English word 'bronze' to denote a colour rather than the alloy does not equate to the English use of the English word 'bronze' to denote a colour. It is like using yellow to describe blue. Translators, please bear this in mind.

• Like 1

With all due respect to the two dead, it seems they wanted it, suicide / murder or ...
R.I.P.

2 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

A totally inappropriate comment, the color of the vehicle is just a small detail!

• Haha 1

Is anyone really surprised at this? Its dukes of hazard here daily.

I hope to not be added to the taley before i get out of here.

There is nothing wrong with the crossing hundreds use it daily it is the idiot who is so busy he cant wait 3 or4 minutes, lets feel sorry gor the train driver

27 minutes ago, Almer said:

There is nothing wrong with the crossing hundreds use it daily it is the idiot who is so busy he cant wait 3 or4 minutes, lets feel sorry gor the train driver

like your comment a lot and am not surprised if that is quite true.... except for assuming the driver was in a hurry.  there are many reasons, and sometimes no reason at all, for what any of us do or don't do.

for example, some who drives very slo

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

The article states ungated crossing but surely there must be warning lights, were these lights operating correctly, assuming they were indeed there.

Surely, a large object coming down the train track with one big light in the center and its loud horn going off must have given the driver a hint that a train was coming.

What is the point of these half barriers at the crossings??? I always see cars and motorcycles going around them.

Unfortunately eyes only go where the driver wants to go. Going straight, no need to look left or right. Going right, no need to look left. Going left, no need to look right. Negligence has its consequences.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“This crossing is very dangerous and I hope that State Railway of Thailand will install a proper barrier to prevent future accidents.”

Crossings are only dangerous when you play "Russian roulette" with an oncoming train.

On the way home from shopping tonight, within a one kilometre stretch of road, 5 motorbikes pulled out in front of me from being parked without first looking to see what was coming or indicating they were pulling out. Mirror, signal, manoeuvre not known here. I could easily kill a dozen a week without really trying. 

I always assume my car is a magnet and all other road users are iron ….. it does seem many Thais are oblivious to the dangers of their driving habits.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:13 PM, rooster59 said:

This crossing is very dangerous

That crossing is NOT dangerous.  The drivers that don't stop, lower their windows, turn down the blasting radio and listen are dangerous drivers.