O-A Expires 1 Nov 2019. What are the ongoing Requirements

My O-A visa expires on 1 Nov. I have just returned from Australia (2 Oct) and the new stamp in my passport states that I am admitted until 30 Sept 2020. So, as I understand it, this is now the extension or permission to stay until this time.

Given that the visa expires on 1 Nov 2019, are there any immigration requirements that I need to be aware of, other than my 90 day reporting?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You got a new one year permit to stay when you entered the country not an extension.

Nothing more needed unless you want travel during the coming year. You will need a re-entry permit to keep your entry valid when you use it for entry.

Cheers Joe ????

You have until 30 Sept 2020 to work out what you are going to do after that date because what you need to work out is if they still have the health insurance requirement in force then, you must decide what you are going to do, whether you are going to renew your "O-A" visa and get the required insurance or are you going to change your visa to a Non-Imm "O" visa with an 1 year extension after the 90 days. If you decide to change to the Non-Imm "O" visa then you will need to plan for the financials to be in a Thai bank account to qualify.

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

whether you are going to renew your "O-A" visa and get the required insurance 

You can't renew an O-A visa. He can get an extension of stay based on retirement in Thailand or return to his home country for a new O-A or get a new non Imm O wherever.

of course some will insist everyone knows what you meant, but obviously getting an extension at Immigrations in Thailand or leaving Thailand to get a new visa are hardly the same thing.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You got a new one year permit to stay when you entered the country not an extension.

Nothing more needed unless you want travel during the coming year. You will need a re-entry permit to keep your entry valid when you use it for entry.

I thought it sounded like he would need health insurance after Oct 31 for re-entry.. I'm in a similar situation.. I have permission to stay (second year).. until April 19 2020.. could I get a re-entry permit and return before then without health insurance?/  Thanks in advance.. 

42 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

I thought it sounded like he would need health insurance after Oct 31 for re-entry.. I'm in a similar situation.. I have permission to stay (second year).. until April 19 2020.. could I get a re-entry permit and return before then without health insurance?/ 

It will only be needed for OA visas issued after October 31st.

No problem for you to enter the country using your re-entry permit.

Hi,

I am already in Thailand with the stamp until 30 Sep 2019. Ubonjoe has set my mind at rest. Next Sept I am out of here for 6 months then back again with a new O-A plus the HI of course if it is a requirement.

Cheers

My O-A issued in Washington, D.C. is due to expire in January 2020. I was planning to do a border run about mid-January to get my second year.  Now, just to be safe, I'm going to dash across the border next week.  Hopefully, the IO's at the border will just stamp me in for my second year. But, this is Thailand and someone may decide to ask me for health insurance.  In any event, I'm prepared to fly or take a bus to the nearest consulate and apply for a Non-Immigrant O.  I'll play it by ear from there...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mosan said:

My O-A issued in Washington, D.C. is due to expire in January 2020. I was planning to do a border run about mid-January to get my second year.  Now, just to be safe, I'm going to dash across the border next week.  Hopefully, the IO's at the border will just stamp me in for my second year. But, this is Thailand and someone may decide to ask me for health insurance.  In any event, I'm prepared to fly or take a bus to the nearest consulate and apply for a Non-Immigrant O.  I'll play it by ear from there...

It is clear to me that it only applies to OA visas issued after October 31st. I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

Immigration doe not issue police orders that are retroactive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Similar to the other posters in this thread, my O-A issued in Jan 2019 will expire in Jan 2020. I have made a number of entries to Thailand already on this visa. My next entry is planned for 26-OCT-2019 and I will stay one month. If I were to get a multi-entry re-entry permit at Jomtien during that trip, can that re-entry permit be used on subsequent entries to Thailand this year WHILST the O-A is still valid. I don't want to pay 3,800 for a multiple entry re-entry permit and find that I "lose" it because the IO at the airport requires me to use my unexpired O-A.