BANGKOK
rooster59

"OMG! Snake! Snake!" Big farang "Mister John" flees upstairs as King Cobra pays a visit!

I had one about 3 metres crawl over my foot one night but it was basically gone before I even knew what it was.

• Like 1

I came across one in the garage this morning, I suspected it was dead but wasn't taking any chances. The b-i-l gave it a prod with a long stick and was quickly able to confirm my suspicions that it was already deceased. I'd much rather assume one's alive and look a tit than assume one's dead and pay the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

kind of a small king cobra only 1 meter, those big boys usually 3 or 4 meters

In some species of venomous snake immature specimens are more deadly than adults, because they inject more copious amounts of venom when they bite.  Don't know if it's true of cobras, but it is apparently true of the fer-de-lance of Central America.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cmarshall said:

In some species of venomous snake immature specimens are more deadly than adults, because they inject more copious amounts of venom when they bite.  Don't know if it's true of cobras, but it is apparently true of the fer-de-lance of Central America.

It is true for king cobras.

• Like 1

Venemous snakes...damn any snakes....are to be handled by Thai people, not me. Bye. Let me know when its gone.

• Like 1

Thais love a good laugh at foreigners with things like this. I sometimes take my friends prawn fishing and everyone is in stitches as my friends panic when it flinches or grabs them with its pincers. I don't mind as it's all part of the fun but they look upset when I casually sort it out.