BANGKOK
rooster59

"OMG! Snake! Snake!" Big farang "Mister John" flees upstairs as King Cobra pays a visit!

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Venemous snakes...damn any snakes....are to be handled by Thai people, not me. Bye. Let me know when its gone.

Scaredy cat. I used to hunt them in bare feet when I was a kid. Copperheads and tiger snakes.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Scaredy cat. I used to hunt them in bare feet when I was a kid. Copperheads and tiger snakes.

It's not fear, it's the ability to discern when someone else should do the job. 

And as to your childish gambits, we all know about the lack of perception of danger in the unformed brain. Plus obviously, someone had to harvest food for the clan, yes? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You're a braver man than I am then. I caught a 'glancing' bite from an adder, in Devon (UK), a few years ago. Severe swelling and a nasty cramp of my calf for three days, ans a week or so of discomfort After that, if my dog wouldn't fetch her ball I would leave it.....she must have known the snake was there.
So, put me down for snakes (any), sharks ( I have a daughter in Queensland) and heights. Other stuff that I haven't come across I don't know yet but I reckon the list would grow.....crocodiles, Aussie spiders, etc. 

The size doesn't make a blind bit of difference. All Venomous snakes are capable of delivering a venomous bite, fresh from the egg. Some of the deadliest snakes (Saw-scaled viper, Russell's viper) tend to be on the tiddly side too. 

I'm disappointed in TV that no one has mentioned the '''One eyed....' yet....

I know its Saturday, but come on chaps.....buck up...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

It's not fear, it's the ability to discern when someone else should do the job. 

And as to your childish gambits, we all know about the lack of perception of danger in the unformed brain. Plus obviously, someone had to harvest food for the clan, yes? 

A low blow with the unformed brain. I forgive you because i know you can't help yourself. FYI , I have eaten snake in Thailand. Tastes like chicken, only sweeter.

Personally, my phobia is sharks. Given your origins, other phobias may be leopard seals or orcas. You probably don't worry about polar bears due to the family ties. Decayed walrus flesh might be construed as cannibalism.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't like snakes - but don't like the spider in our house either !

No photo description available.

I knew a real estate agent who handled huntsman spiders. Creepy b%gger.

Thats sick. Im going back to the states.

The unusually cool weather of late rendered a snake unable to slither away quickly enough as I walked my dogs on a familiar jungle path a fortnight ago. I missed it (bronze, 12", believed to be non venomous now that i've had the chance to look it up) by all of 4" 😌

Edited by evadgib

10 hours ago, moe666 said:

kind of a small king cobra only 1 meter, those big boys usually 3 or 4 meters

For  sure! When one of these  rears up a metre off the ground and eyeballs you  then  you can think OMG !

Earlier this year we were sat at the front of a bus going out to Isaan , saw this huge snake winding it's way across the the road in front of us. The bus driver parked his hand on the horn. Had to laugh ! ! 

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The wife told reporters that the one meter long snake surprised her husband who ran upstairs shouting "Oh My God! Snake! Snake!"

keeping a healthy distance and your eye on where it is, is better than fleeing upstairs.

I'd rather know where it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

keeping a healthy distance and your eye on where it is, is better than fleeing upstairs.

I'd rather know where it is.

I'm just like that...when the missus is throwing a wobbly.

Rooster

22 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps it was a Prince Cobra?

Careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  555!!!

Nga

good to eat.!!