Sri Racha: Police disagree with minivan driver after death of factory worker

rooster59

Sri Racha: Police disagree with minivan driver after death of factory worker

11-477-1280x720.jpg

Caption: Minivan of Death

A minivan driver told police that he wasn't going fast after he hit and killed a factory worker on Sukhumvit Road in the Bang Phra area of Sri Racha on Thursday morning. 

However, after examining markings left on the road and the extent of the damage to the van - along with the testimony of 12 passengers - they arrested Jaroon, 53, the driver of the Chonburi to Laem Chabang service.

Police said he was speeding.

The accident happened near the PTT gas station heading towards Chonburi.

Found dead with multiple injuries in the central reservation was 45 year old Thanchanok. Her Honda Click was completely destroyed 50 meters away. 

The minivan was smashed in the front with a shattered windshield after hitting a lamppost. All four tires were punctured. 

The dozen passengers suffered whiplash injuries. 

Jaroon claimed he had not been driving fast and the motorcyclist crossed his path but didn't make it. She had come out of the gas station and was heading to make a U-turn, he said. 

He is now helping Sri Racha police with their inquiries. 

Source: 77 Kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-12

Of course it was the mc riders fault, van driver is just the same as every other driver here.

Never take responsibility for their actions, blame somebody else.

Poor mc rider is dead due to Jaroon speeding, a life lost yet again by a selfish speeding driver.

12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

That's not a phrase I'd expect to hear regarding the Thai police.
Usually it's more like 'he admitted his guilt and was charged'.

they need all the 'help' they can get! 

sort of idiot that'd blame faulty indicators... 

"but they were only working half of the time!"

2 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:
25 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

He is now helping Sri Racha police with their inquiries. 

You can always tell my background with such phrases!

Here it seems to fit neatly for a change. 

Rooster

Your background?

Is there enough space here to tell all the instances of you 'helping the police with their enquiries'?

41 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Of course it was the mc riders fault, van driver is just the same as every other driver here.

Poor mc rider is dead due to Jaroon speeding, a life lost yet again by a selfish speeding driver.

Obviously no brake failure this time......

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Her Honda Click was completely destroyed 50 meters away. 

The minivan was smashed in the front with a shattered windshield after hitting a lamppost. All four tires were punctured. 

The dozen passengers suffered whiplash injuries. 

Not going fast ... you gotta be joking right

I think they get paid after how many trips they do, so they are a great hurry and many drivers keep on going for over 12 hours falling asleep at the wheel.

Mandatory speed limiter in all mini vans would be nice and 8 hours max fixed pay rate no matter how many trips/km they do but not likely to happen anytime soon, if ever.

An Accident Investigation Team, or equivalent, (if such any thing like this exisits here), can determine the approximate speed of the vehicle by measuring the tire skid marks on the road surface, (coefficient of friction calculation). A basic tool taught in the police academy where I come from. But here, perhaps an amulet is consulted.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Colinneil, you are probably correct but my money is on " he was speeding and She had come out of the gas station and was heading to make a U-turn without looking." I wish I had a dollar for every time a motorcycle came out of a side street and cut in front of me without looking over the past 15 years. Fortunately I have only hit one, 3 kids on a motorcycle, no helmet.

13 hours ago, Chazar said:

Like the way the Police  offer up their verdict like they are the judges, witnesses are often useless.

They are judge, jury and executioner here.  They decide whether a crime has been committed, usually on the basis of how much 'commission' they will make.

9 hours ago, lensta said:

Colinneil, you are probably correct but my money is on " he was speeding and She had come out of the gas station and was heading to make a U-turn without looking." I wish I had a dollar for every time a motorcycle came out of a side street and cut in front of me without looking over the past 15 years. Fortunately I have only hit one, 3 kids on a motorcycle, no helmet.

If he was not able to avoid something that came in front of him, my money is on him driving too fast. Yes many of these dopes here come straight out of side roads without looking, they have their amulets and will be okay, you need to be ready for it. 

Minivan drivers are particularly reckless. Beware Bangkok plates.

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

However, after examining markings left on the road and the extent of the damage to the van - along with the testimony of 12 passengers

12 passengers against one driver... hard to argue !

These particular Vans the ownership I believe are the same people who run the buses to and from Pattaya from Pattaya Nua bus station they contain the 3 color strips on the bottom. 

If true or whoever does run the operation need to be investigated as to how they run their operation, vet the drivers and maintain their fleet. Many of their drivers have no training they go from their motorbikes death habits and exercise what they have learn without any restrain. One of the worse habit is not caring to share the road with others, they tailgate smaller vehicles like bikes using this method to force them off the road as if they don't belong.

Glad the police sided with the victim what choice did they have the big question is what the penalty is going to be for the driver and the company who is legally responsible until they are hit in the pocket they will never change their business plan!

Archived