Postie breaks his leg in collision with student in Chonburi

rooster59

Postie breaks his leg in collision with student in Chonburi

11-476-1280x720.jpg

Caption: Taking no care crossing lanes

A postman delivering in the Phan Thong area of Chonburi was left with a broken leg after a collision with a 13 year old boy on another motorcycle. 

The accident was caught on the CCTV outside the home of the local kamnan called Surapong. 

77kaoded said that both riders, and the mail, went flying. The postman was crossing the road, said the media.

Krerkkiat, 24, the postman broke his right leg and suffered head injuries. He is recovering in a hospital in Chonburi city.

Thirteen year old Phatsakorn suffered only road rash and was allowed to go home. 

Surapong - the kamnan of Nong Hong - warned riders and motorists about the danger of the road especially this section that is near a school.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-12

7 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

77kaoded said that both riders, and the mail, went flying. The postman was crossing the road, said the media.

always look both sides before crossing.... wish fast recovery, glad nothing worse happen

13 y/o and his parents need to be charged, this is half the problem, the police do not enforce the road rules, he is too young to be legally riding and his parents should not allow it. The amount of under age riders you see is beyond a joke, you even get them driving cars under age with no recriminations from the police, pathetic, just more road fodder

31 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Krerkkiat, 24, the postman broke his right leg and suffered head injuries

The photo isn't clear to me. I take it the postman didn't have a helmet on then? I thought Post Office staff were all issued with red crash helmets?

22 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

That’s what I am trying to say, how can you let 13 years old to drive?it is ridiculous.

at 13 he is getting on a bit........... often see much younger some can not even sit on the seat, just go to out of town school when there leaving school, dozens of kids on motorbikes,  + often 4 or 5 of them on the same bike

59 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

You missed the main part of the story...13 year old boy driving motorbike, allowed to go home, no mention of any charges?

Don't think they can charge someone that young. His parents perhaps (hopefully).

38 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The photo isn't clear to me. I take it the postman didn't have a helmet on then? I thought Post Office staff were all issued with red crash helmets?

Looks to me that his wearing a black helmet, unless there was two postmen.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Surapong - the kamnan of Nong Hong - warned riders and motorists about the danger of the road especially this section that is near a school.

Yep of course it's the road wich is dangerous

not the users with their lack of atttention and excessive speed

not even to mention the underage kid with no helmet, 

I am surprised, no brake failure involved this time?

53 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Crash helmets are there to prevent brain damage . In the case of postal workers anywhere in the world. That ship has sailed a long time ago:tongue: 

1 hour ago, djayz said:

Who the xxxx allows a 13 year old out on a bike anyways?!?! Fine the parents.

Your in Asia and just expressing another naive comment typical of uneducated Farang!

Akin to living in the USA and asking "who allows idiots to own guns?" = Local culture!

25 minutes ago, ignis said:

at 13 he is getting on a bit........... often see much younger some can not even sit on the seat, just go to out of town school when there leaving school, dozens of kids on motorbikes,  + often 4 or 5 of them on the same bike

sad but true

and 90% or more with no helmet

6 hours ago, bdenner said:

Your in Asia and just expressing another naive comment typical of uneducated Farang!

Akin to living in the USA and asking "who allows idiots to own guns?" = Local culture!

When I wrote my reply, I knew there was going to be at least one comment like yours - somebody pulling the good old "uneducated, naive falang" or "it's their culture" card. 

There is absolutely NO logical, cultural or reasonable argument for letting kids, who haven't even started shaving yet, ride bikes/drive vehicles out on public roads. As a responsible, safety conscious adult, who regularly rides bikes, I know first hand just how dangerous the roads are here.

I suppose you also think drunk driving is acceptable because it's "local culture". Or driving at night with no headlights/broken tail lights/defective brake lights. How about driving at break neck speeds with faulty breaks? Is that also a part of the "local culture"? LOL These  are just some of the many reasons why Thailand has one of the world's highest road fatilities world wide!

If you think letting kids out on bikes/cars only to be mangled up is "culture", then I'm afraid it is you who is both naive and uneducated.

Being irresponsible is not culture - it's a sign of being underdeveloped and ignorant. Those last two words just about sum up this place, where human lives aren't worth twopence 

Archived