Why Do Many Thai Visa Members Dislike the Same Things

mngmn

Why do do many Thai Visa members (but not all) seem to hate?

- AirBnb

- Digital nomads

- Transferwise

- Twitter

- Facebook

- Back packers

- Anyone under 50 who cannot get a retirement visa

- Tourists who are financially independent and enjoy spending extended periods of time visiting Thailand

- Anyone who tries to make contingency plans for the future

Have I forgotten any?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

transfer wise is great, have used air bnb and it was great too, facebook is fine and allows me to keep in touch with friends over seas, dont use twitter, not a digital nomad or back packer, someones age doent bother me and the last 2 are pure speculation on your part. Looks like another BS post with no real meaning for most readers in here 

6 minutes ago, seajae said:

transfer wise is great, have used air bnb and it was great too, facebook is fine and allows me to keep in touch with friends over seas, dont use twitter, not a digital nomad or back packer, someones age doent bother me and the last 2 are pure speculation on your part. Looks like another BS post with no real meaning for most readers in here 

We sound alike. Since we are now in the pub, BS is mandatory ????

You forgot to add 'sweeping generalizations to the list'... 

As in the sweeping generalization that 'all Thai Visa Members dislike the same things' !!!

The issue mngmn is that those who have a poorly founded, unbalanced or ill thought out view points on some very minor issues are often the most repetitively vociferous, those who get along and don't really find issue with any of these things you mention have very little need to mention them in their posts. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You forgot to add 'sweeping generalizations to the list'... 

As in the sweeping generalization that 'all Thai Visa Members dislike the same things' !!!

The issue mngmn is that those who have a poorly founded, unbalanced or ill thought out view points on some very minor issues are often the most repetitively vociferous, those who get along and don't really find issue with any of these things you mention have very little need to mention them in their posts. 

'All' changed to 'Many'.

Agree with your analysis.

16 minutes ago, mngmn said:

- AirBnb

- Digital nomads

- Transferwise

- Twitter

- Facebook

- Back packers

- Tourists who are financially independent and enjoy spending extended periods of time visiting Thailand

- Anyone who tries to make contingency plans for the futur

Because any of the above are despicable practices, and anyone who engages in them is a scourge , Yes I said a scourge to humanity and should be avoided at any cost. 

Actually we only don't like anyone under 50 . all the rest are just things people under 50 do, and we don't like them by extension.:tongue:

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Indian people

Chinese people

Thai men

Muslim

Russian people

natinal park fee

TM30 

each other?

Yinn?

Also maybe all Thai women (not just you) after they have had a relationship with one?

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You forgot sex.

I always get slammed whenever I mention sex, even though it's what we're all here for.

Actually this one is very subtle. They don't actually dislike sex but rather they love temples and the culture in general which is why they came here.

50 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Why do do many Thai Visa members (but not all) seem to hate?

- AirBnb

They destroy the market balance between hotels and the taxi driver that refuse to usw the meters.

- Digital nomads

There are no digital nomads. A nomad live according to Google: A nomad is a person with no settled home, moving from place to place as a way of obtaining food, finding pasture for livestock, or otherwise making a living. ... Most nomads live in tents or other portable shelters. Nomads keep moving for different reasons. Nomadic foragers move in search of game, edible plants, and water.

In other words a nomad can not rely on having a regular feed of electricity, which makes it impossible to go digital.

- Transferwise

They are cheaper than regular bank transfers, which will eventually make the Thai bank accounts more expensive. Because we need to show money in one on a yearly or monthly basis that will be an extra cost. Therefore, dead to Transferwise.

- Twitter

It´s dangerous to believe in social media.

- Facebook

Se above.....

- Back packers

They have opened a new market for a lower standard and service in hotels, which creates a bigger risk to choose a low quality hotel.

No hate here! It´s impossible for anyone under 50 to get a retirement visa, but we do hate the ones living on tourist visas.

Of course you can´t love people that do stupid things. What are they doing in Thailand if they are financially independent?

- Anyone who tries to make contingency plans for the future

Same as above. The hate comes from that it´s a stupid thing to do. You can´t make any plans in a country where things change on a daily basis.

Have I forgotten any?

A lot, but I´ve been wasting enough time with the 10% you remebered.

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But at least ALL of us like cute young girls!

Bangkok-Bunnies-282.jpg.e770b965cecc269c31f53b9024363379.jpg

Wrong! The onse that came here for temples and the culture in general have nothing to do with cute young girls with numbers attached to their brassieres!

Another thing. Why do TV members always know, date or marry 'Thai ladies' rather than women?

3 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Wrong! The onse that came here for temples and the culture in general have nothing to do with cute young girls with numbers attached to their brassieres!

Another thing. Why do TV members always know, date or marry 'Thai ladies' rather than women?

Women? Like those kind of female creatures over 30?

Archived