Why Do Many Thai Visa Members Dislike the Same Things

mngmn

12 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Normally i have no problem with people, but i don't like papaya salad.

Strange you should mention that, but I did a 'food tour' in Vietnam last weekend and the papaya salad (no chilli of fish sauce)  with dried and fresh beef and peanut topping was rather good.

IMG_20191004_133433.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mngmn said:

- AirBnb-I really have no opinion, I dont use it.

- Digital nomads-Depends. If they act like regular guys, they are cool. If they act like entitled, know it all, SJW smarmy arrogant ecofascistic leftyloon, then of course I dont like them

- Transferwise-use it all the time. Dont care that it doesnt mark International transfers. I love their debit card

- Twitter-if the world is in fact infested with as*ho*es, most of them are on Twitter. Im one that isnt.

- Facebook-my 8000 plus followers demand I keep them posted

- Back packers-technically I am one, but I am one with money. I prefer Osprey Packs myself, I have 3.

- Anyone under 50 who cannot get a retirement visa-sucks to be them.

- Tourists who are financially independent and enjoy spending extended periods of time visiting Thailand-its great to be me!

- Anyone who tries to make contingency plans for the future-what do I care what anyone else does, except to comment on the internet ????

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Indian people

Chinese people

Thai men

Muslim

Russian people

natinal park fee

TM30 

each other?

Yinn?

That's more like it ????

Plus ....

Immigration Queues

ThaiAirways

TM6

Somtam

Shopping Malls

Men who like Issan girls

Men who don't like Issan girls

Trump

Boris

Motorcyclists

Any make of truck that is not not the same as theirs

Mercedes Benz

White Fortunas

True Vision

Selfies

Young people

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Strange you should mention that, but I did a 'food tour' in Vietnam last weekend and the papaya salad (no chilli of fish sauce)  with dried and fresh beef and peanut topping was rather good.

IMG_20191004_133433.jpg

Damn that looks goood dude, what kind of sauce or dressing then?

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

IMG_20191004_133433.jpg

Horrible, just horrible, i'd probably starve for 3 or 4 days before eating dead animals.

But whatever you like, it's ok for me ????

1 hour ago, mngmn said:

Why do do many Thai Visa members (but not all) seem to hate?

- AirBnb

- Digital nomads

- Transferwise

- Twitter

- Facebook

- Back packers

- Anyone under 50 who cannot get a retirement visa

- Tourists who are financially independent and enjoy spending extended periods of time visiting Thailand

- Anyone who tries to make contingency plans for the future

Have I forgotten any?

Yeah, loads.

But if they did'nt hate the above, they'd soon find other new things to hate.

Haters gotta hate.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Don't you think it's kind of barbaric to eat animals while they are still alive? :dry::whistling:

Yes, absolutely barbaric, perhaps i should reassure the gentlemen here.. Should i need to eat some animal, i'd kill it first ????

2 hours ago, mngmn said:

Have I forgotten any?

The cost of electricity and the costs involved running AC?

Always seem to be a lot of complaints about the cost of staying cool in one of the hottest places on earth, reckon theirs a lot of sweaty buggers on this forum! :w00t:

Did anyone mention exchange rates? :omfg:

28 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, absolutely barbaric, perhaps i should reassure the gentlemen here.. Should i need to eat some animal, i'd kill it first ????

There is a lot of dead insects in plant food. A lot of them including small animals die from pesticide and machinery. Maybe they don't count because they are not cute animals? ????

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Transferwise-use it all the time. Dont care that it doesnt mark International transfers. I love their debit card

Nor does it matter that transactions are not marked 'international'. I've proved it.

5 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

There is a lot of dead insects in plant food. A lot of them including small animals die from pesticide and machinery. Maybe they don't count because they are not cute animals? ????

I think they have a lot of vitamins, so i'll make an exception ????

3 minutes ago, Tayaout said:
28 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

There is a lot of dead insects in plant food. A lot of them including sole small animals die from pesticide and machinery processing plants. Maybe they don't count because they are not cute animals? ????

I remember I read an article about vegetarians some time ago.

Scientist checked if vegetarians (or was it vegans?) have deficit of certain vitamins, minerals, etc.

In the UK the scientist found that they had deficits.

In India scientist did not find any deficits.

Their conclusion was that the vegetables in India contained enough insects. UK vegetables were "too" clean, no insects which caused some deficits... 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Scientist checked if vegetarians (or was it vegans?) have deficit of certain vitamins, minerals, etc.

Their conclusion was that the vegetables in India contained enough insects. UK vegetables were "too" clean, no insects which caused some deficits... 

I would be careful about this kind of research made in India... 

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's quite possible.

Btw, i admit that a vegetarian diet have most likely some deficits, i know that from experience.

Lately i'm trying to be very careful, but then i mostly eat at home...When i am travelling it's almost impossible to get the proper proteins and vitamins.

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Constant changing of the old fun Great times of the Wild West of the East Thailand. Just isn't what it used to be.

Not feeling welcomed anymore.

Racism to a point. 

Newbie or Expat know-it-alls. 

Now your being too reasonable for TV!

Archived