Why Do Many Thai Visa Members Dislike the Same Things

mngmn

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many of the older people that are on a tight pension or budget, (not all of them!), seem to dislike or hate younger foreigners who live here (on a larger budget).
I come across them regularly as I live here since age 21. Often, those who have larger budgets, encourage me to earn more and stay!

Long story short: there are many bitter foreign people in this country.

57 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I like to think all females are "Ladies" until proven otherwise ????

Damn you get around, I saw some graffito in the can at thermae that read: Charlie is a real gentleman..

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Damn you get around, I saw some graffito in the can at thermae that read: Charlie is a real gentleman..

I saw that too! Did you see the part underneath that said 'but he ask me to do stuff no lady would ever agree to'?

21 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Many of the older people that are on a tight pension or budget, (not all of them!), seem to dislike or hate younger foreigners who live here (on a larger budget).
I come across them regularly as I live here since age 21. Often, those who have larger budgets, encourage me to earn more and stay!

Why should I share and like other foreigners who come and stay? Disgusting. It is my Thailand, I have stayed here a long time and I am the only one who is accepted and who should be here. 

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Why should I share and like other foreigners who come and stay? Disgusting. It is my Thailand, I have stayed here a long time and I am the only one who is accepted and who should be here. 

So right!

32 minutes ago, tabarin said:

You mean like the underpaid, underemployed and unemployable in their own country teachers here...

17 minutes ago, mngmn said:

I saw that too! Did you see the part underneath that said 'but he ask me to do stuff no lady would ever agree to'?

No, my way was kind of blocked by the "lady" peeing next to me...

24 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Like Beavis and But (t)-head would say: ha ha ha, you said Thermae, ha ha ha.

Haven't been to Thermae in a few years but that is the reason why. that particular time I walked in and then wasn't charmed with the crowd and walked right back out. But got to say the place seems to keep on being an institution as long as I can remember.

5 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

forget that noise. i am up to .32btc now. i am betting more on xrp though. it seems to have real use case.

I started investing in Bitcoin in 2012-2013. It is still my favorite but I also started investing in $LINK and $REN because I like reading white papers and investing in The Fourth Industrial Revolution.

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

But got to say the place seems to keep on being an institution as long as I can remember.

As long as the BIBs and the family that runs it are making money off of it, it will continue to be there.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You forgot sex.

I always get slammed whenever I mention sex, even though it's what we're all here for.

I am starting to believe more and more this is not true.

It is for you, me, and others but am surprised how unimportant it is to so many.

Don't know if it is impotency, lack of confidence or lack of funds but is a low priority for many.  Seems they would much rather suck down 10 beers then enjoy female company.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

It is for you, me, and others but am surprised how unimportant it is to so many.

Don't know if it is impotency, lack of confidence or lack of funds but is a low priority for many.  Seems they would much rather suck down 10 beers then enjoy female company.

Maybe low testosterone. 

21 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I started investing in Bitcoin in 2012-2013. It is still my favorite but I also started investing in $LINK and $REN because I like reading white papers and investing in The Fourth Industrial Revolution.

i envy you for that.

i worked with a guy in 2011 and he wanted me to get into btc with him back then. i didn't understand any of it at the time. told him hey what if i give you 100 can you buy me some coins. could of had like 10 coins or something. ????

i got in at around 7k and have averaged since. plan on building it over the coming years and will pass to my son when he finishes university. 

An amazingly long list (lists) of dislikes. Time to do something about it:

- The Royal (British) Navy sould re-take Hong Kong and on the way home take Thailand and establish British Rule. Everybody happy. Farangs as well as Thais.:cheesy:

13 hours ago, Yinn said:

Indian people

Chinese people

Thai men

Muslim

Russian people

natinal park fee

TM30 

each other?

Yinn?

Taxi drivers

Immigration 

Corrupt police

Not corrupt police

Thai drivers

Cyclists

Pedestrians 

Teenagers

Hot weather

Home country weather

Mosquitoes 

Soi dogs

Ladyboys

English teachers 

Plastic bags

Pattaya 

Bangkok

Isaan

Donald trump 

Obama 

Thaksin

Thai army

Trash

Rain

Suvarnabhumi 

BTS

MRT

Roads

Potholes

My mate Dave

10 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Groupthink* can cause conformity:

Irving Janis described the eight symptoms of groupthink:
  • Invulnerability. Members of the group share an illusion of invulnerability that creates excessive optimism and encourages taking abnormal risks.
  • Rationale. ...
  • Morality. ...
  • Stereotypes. ...
  • Pressure. ...
  • Self-censorship. ...
  • Illusion of Unanimity. ...
  • Mind Guards.

The Trump-Russian Collusion hysteria was a prime example of Thaivisa groupthink. Any praise of President Trump was met with intense vitriol - which was accepted as being the norm.

https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/careers/soft-skills/groupthink-decisions/

Yeah and once that hoax got exploded, they just moved on without apology to all the members they slurred. There are some guys that never post anything else other than Trump stuff on a thai life Board, what's with that? Wrong facts, wrong law, wrong place.

I dare say that one of them will come along here just to figure out a way to diss me, you wstch. I got one or two guys that follow me around waiting for me to make any comment whatsoever in the news sections so they can call me deplorable or whatever playground insult is de rigueur in that gang. it's kind of amusing, especially since they're on my ignore list. You truly have to be dedicated to whatever Silliness is in your head to go shout at people who don't listen and don't respond. maybe they do it for the applause of their compatriots. Sort of like the Democratic debates.

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I just find it completely boring talking to prostitutes .

Same limited conversations every night and most of the time, they just lie all the time .

You are paying them and they are playing you .

You want sex and she wants money and it gets rather repetitive after a few "conversations" and I do find it rather difficult to talk to people, when they are blatantly lieing to me .

And you would need to be intellectually lacking or desperate for company to want to have them as company .

They are very superficial relationships, however short and I have better things to do than listen to someone lying all night long and acting, pretending to be someone that they're not and with the concern that they could suddenly have a psycho turn .

Not for me 

36 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I just find it completely boring talking to prostitutes .

Same limited conversations every night and most of the time, they just lie all the time .

You are paying them and they are playing you .

You want sex and she wants money and it gets rather repetitive after a few "conversations" and I do find it rather difficult to talk to people, when they are blatantly lieing to me .

And you would need to be intellectually lacking or desperate for company to want to have them as company .

They are very superficial relationships, however short and I have better things to do than listen to someone lying all night long and acting, pretending to be someone that they're not and with the concern that they could suddenly have a psycho turn .

Not for me 

Until I read the line "You want sex and she wants money" I was not sure if you were talking about Bar Girls or Politicians.

Archived