Why Do Many Thai Visa Members Dislike the Same Things

mngmn

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you did forget some. Those that are able to speak Thai. Those that did not meet there girlfriend or wife in a bar. Those that are self dependent not needing the help of a Thai to do anything. Those that are able to adapt to the culture. Those that are able willing and able to eat Thai food. Those that don,t spend their days in bars bitching with other foreigners how awful Thailand is yet won,t leave. Those that are NOT convinced that the Thai government is out to rid the country of anyone with white skin. Those that DO NOT believe that ALL Thais hate foreigners. Those that DO NOT believe ALL Thais are scammers. Those that DO NOT listen to YouTube HATE channels and understand those channels are all about creating drama and nothing more. Those that tend to have a positive outlook on life and understand EVERY country has its problems. Those that DO NOT have a 24/7 scowl on their faces that do not look like they had a long hard object jammed up where it should not be. Those that DO NOT blame all their problems in their lives on those damn Thais. And finally those that avoid the bitching moaners and haters like their lives depended on it.

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

ALL ? Maybe some of us had partners NOT from bars.

Correct, certainly not all from bars ... but how many come here for the girls (with a few exceptions), which they can't get in their own country anymore ... one way or another.

Please don't deny this ????

I'll add another one to the list

- Smoking ban on the beach / 100k fine ... but only for tourists ????

- Smoking e-cigarettes in Pattaya / 900 Euro fine ... but only for tourists ????

I had to laugh so much when a famous Dutch singer came to Pattaya for a show event ... afterwards he was walking the streets of Pattaya, his sound man got caught smoking an e-cigarette ... bummer for him, Thai's love superstar too much, but only if they know them ????

https://www.tellerreport.com/life/2019-08-16---gerard-joling-locked-up-in-thai-cell-for-e-cigarette-.SJ7GiJTQVH.html

Been to BKK last week, tens of Thai's smoking e-cigarettes around me ... no plomplem  5555

16 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

As long as the BIBs and the family that runs it are making money off of it, it will continue to be there.

years ago I heard it had changed hands and officially some hands were out of it. But that was officially and maybe under the table still goes on. 

21 hours ago, Matzzon said:

They destroy the market balance between hotels and the taxi driver that refuse to usw the meters.

There are no digital nomads. A nomad live according to Google: A nomad is a person with no settled home, moving from place to place as a way of obtaining food, finding pasture for livestock, or otherwise making a living. ... Most nomads live in tents or other portable shelters. Nomads keep moving for different reasons. Nomadic foragers move in search of game, edible plants, and water.

In other words a nomad can not rely on having a regular feed of electricity, which makes it impossible to go digital.

They are cheaper than regular bank transfers, which will eventually make the Thai bank accounts more expensive. Because we need to show money in one on a yearly or monthly basis that will be an extra cost. Therefore, dead to Transferwise.

It´s dangerous to believe in social media.

Se above.....

They have opened a new market for a lower standard and service in hotels, which creates a bigger risk to choose a low quality hotel.

No hate here! It´s impossible for anyone under 50 to get a retirement visa, but we do hate the ones living on tourist visas.

Of course you can´t love people that do stupid things. What are they doing in Thailand if they are financially independent?

Same as above. The hate comes from that it´s a stupid thing to do. You can´t make any plans in a country where things change on a daily basis.

A lot, but I´ve been wasting enough time with the 10% you remebered.

Why should anyone hate people who live on tourist visas, I know there are some who give tourists a bad name ie the shirtless walking the streets and shopping malls etc. But there are many who want to be here long time, and the vast majority contribute to the economy, using hotels and restaurants etc, but the Thai immigration issues must be discouraging a lot of who would be quality tourists.

12 hours ago, swissie said:

An amazingly long list (lists) of dislikes. Time to do something about it:

- The Royal (British) Navy sould re-take Hong Kong and on the way home take Thailand and establish British Rule. Everybody happy. Farangs as well as Thais.:cheesy:

British Rule??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

18 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why should anyone hate people who live on tourist visas, I know there are some who give tourists a bad name ie the shirtless walking the streets and shopping malls etc. But there are many who want to be here long time, and the vast majority contribute to the economy, using hotels and restaurants etc, but the Thai immigration issues must be discouraging a lot of who would be quality tourists.

I think this has developed over the years with increased Immi rules.

20 years before, no one cared on what kind of visa someone stayed here. Certainly not the Expats among each other.

Now, that it all got squeezed so heavily, the people who go through all the hurdles and fulfill the requirements, don't give 

any leeway to others anymore.

8 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I think this has developed over the years with increased Immi rules.

20 years before, no one cared on what kind of visa someone stayed here. Certainly not the Expats among each other.

Now, that it all got squeezed so heavily, the people who go through all the hurdles and fulfill the requirements, don't give 

any leeway to others anymore.

This is so true! 25 years ago an agent sent my passport to Malaysia for a border run while I stayed in Thailand. Passport came back all properly stamped by Malaysian and Thai Immigration with another 30 days.  No one told me I was breaking the law or cheating the system.  They just asked me which agent I used.

Many TV Members who claim to be refugees from various 'nanny states' seem to have brought some of 'nanny's' values with them.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Why should anyone hate people who live on tourist visas

It is right here, you and all the people that choose to try and live in Thailand on tourist visas do not get it at all.

It can be only two reasons for that. The first one is just pure thickness, and the other one is a fantastic ignorance.

You know one thing? The name! It says it all! Listen to it: Tourist Visa. What in the world can that mean? 
Answer: It means that it is a visa created and designated for people that wish to visit the country for a short period of time. that is why this kind of visa is not included in the once that are labeled long stay visas.

4 hours ago, RedPill said:

Correct, certainly not all from bars ... but how many come here for the girls (with a few exceptions), which they can't get in their own country anymore ... one way or another.

Please don't deny this ????

Is it a joke ?

Continental Europeans still have the opportunity to visit some specialized centers in Germany;

it will be cheaper than coming to Thailand and with a little luck they can still have fun with a Thai woman;

prostitution is legal in Germany as well as in Switzerland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Germany

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It is right here, you and all the people that choose to try and live in Thailand on tourist visas do not get it at all.

It can be only two reasons for that. The first one is just pure thickness, and the other one is a fantastic ignorance.

You know one thing? The name! It says it all! Listen to it: Tourist Visa. What in the world can that mean? 
Answer: It means that it is a visa created and designated for people that wish to visit the country for a short period of time. that is why this kind of visa is not included in the once that are labeled long stay visas.

Me, on a tourist visa?? I have lived here for 14 years pal, just shows how much you know.

Just what is a short period of time? One week, one month, six months? You are another I do not wish to debate with, and neither do I have pure thickness or fantastic ignorance. Keyboard warriors????

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Thanks so much for providing us with a practical example to illustrate my point

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Me, on a tourist visa?? I have lived here for 14 years pal, just shows how much you know.

Never posted that you live here on tourist visa. I posted: It is right here, you and all the people that choose to try and live in Thailand on tourist visas do not get it at all.

That includes you in the part of the people that doesn´t get it, not the part that lives on tourist visas. In that case I would have been posting: You and all the other people that lives on tourist visas. (Now that we have that in the clear, we can move on.)

Just what is a short period of time? One week, one month, six months? You are another I do not wish to debate with, and neither do I have pure thickness or fantastic ignorance. Keyboard warriors????

Yes, 1 week is a short time. One month or two month is also a short time of a full year and could be called tourism. 6 month and more is not a short time. It´s half or over half year. Yeah, what do you say yourself? What is your definition of short period of time? Try to think before you post now.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Never posted that you live here on tourist visa. I posted: It is right here, you and all the people that choose to try and live in Thailand on tourist visas do not get it at all.

That includes you in the part of the people that doesn´t get it, not the part that lives on tourist visas. In that case I would have been posting: You and all the other people that lives on tourist visas. (Now that we have that in the clear, we can move on.)

Yes, 1 week is a short time. One month or two month is also a short time of a full year and could be called tourism. 6 month and more is not a short time. It´s half or over half year. Yeah, what do you say yourself? What is your definition of short period of time? Try to think before you post now.

Bye Bye :cheesy:

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

We got a biter. 

Why care about someone's visa. 

Hate is a strong word but to be honest the only people I dislike on the forum  are the provincial,  low IQ contributors who celebrate other's misfortunes especially if busted for drugs, the contributors who are proud of not mixing with girls they like to define as prostitutes and the Thai haters and Pattaya bashers. All these groups seem to have a common saddness, frustration and bitterness and seem goaded by other people's happiness in Thailand. Lacking in real life experience and unused to real travel access to Thailand came to easy to them. Its unfortunate that such mediocre people have a voice on a forum that should be positive and helpful.

1 hour ago, bermondburi said:

We got a biter. 

Why care about someone's visa. 

Just because the people abusing the system are the ones that makes it harder for everyone else. They are the reason Thai Immigration has been implementing as well as enforcing so many rules and laws recently. That wasn´t so hard to understand, if you would have been taking a minute to think before posting, right?

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Apart from a few backpackers in Thailand aren't most expats over 30?

My comment reflects my belief that 'old' is a mindset that sadly many people embrace as they chronologically age. The lack of stimulation that comes from closing your mind leads to boredom and bitterness. Unless of course you've always been that way.

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Apart from a few backpackers in Thailand aren't most expats over 30?

I would say most western expat and member of this forum are over 50. Even more so since Thai immigration is tightening visa regulation for repeat tourist. 

Archived