Oil change

toast1

10 hours ago, alan grice said:

Perhaps one can do so in Back Alley joints unaccompanied. For insurance reasons i can do , with A Staff member just to point out, then get out.emoji609.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I don't use back alley places I use a large Toyo main dealer. I asked if I could stand with my car several years ago (15 in fact) and the reply was yes. So have done so ever since. They will even bring me out more coffee if I require. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I don't use back alley places I use a large Toyo main dealer. I asked if I could stand with my car several years ago (15 in fact) and the reply was yes. So have done so ever since. They will even bring me out more coffee if I require. 

Hmmmm, your dealer has no customer safety regime in place then..... ????

That is fair comment, on several occasions ive been asked not to wander about, all have said Staff Member can come with You. Public Liability being given as the Reason .Strange that, for a Nation who puts Wall Tiles on Railway Platform Floors and Civic Buildings.⚖️

5 hours ago, alan grice said:

That is fair comment, on several occasions ive been asked not to wander about, all have said Staff Member can come with You. Public Liability being given as the Reason .Strange that, for a Nation who puts Wall Tiles on Railway Platform Floors and Civic Buildings.⚖️

Who said anything about wandering about.

Would like to ask do the people on TVF just make up things to suit themselves. Or to put yet more rubbish post in??? 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:32 AM, fredob43 said:

15th sounds quite a lot between services for a Diesel. Normally it's 6th Miles or 10th KM.

Whatever Toyota suggest between 5 and 10th KM depending on how used. Lots of Short runs, high speed runs, or heavy traffic. And that's using Full Syn oil. 

It was the same on the old 3lt Tuna and that use semi Syn oil.

I get an oil change every 5,000 k, plus whatever else is recommended by Toyota. Down the road anyone that wants to see the service history can copy the number off the rad support, go to Toyota and see the complete service history. In my case that includes changes of brake fluid, power steering fluid, differential and automatic transmission fluids, all of which were included in the 80,000 km check. They give me a report on tire wear, brake wear, remove the drums and calipers and give them a light sanding. All while I sit in the lounge and watch. Worth every baht.

17 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Who said anything about wandering about.

Would like to ask do the people on TVF just make up things to suit themselves. Or to put yet more rubbish post in??? 

Well you do....

You even said here that folk going to B-Quik have to trip over old tyres.....Total rollox, but you said it....What you should do is just....????

On 10/17/2019 at 7:52 AM, transam said:

Just a heads up for you...

Had an email back from Toyota, it says the Revo and Fortuner is designed to use semi-synthetic or synthetic oil...Seems your book or dealer is wrong.

Owners of the above can now relax, just don't use straight mineral oil.. ????

His dealer said synthetic... how was he wrong ?

6 hours ago, transam said:

Hmmmm, your dealer has no customer safety regime in place then..... ????

Ford Pattaya are the same, I stood and watched them work on my car.

Are you in Thailand questioning customer safety.......... bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

His dealer said synthetic... how was he wrong ?

He said his dealer and HANDBOOK said use synthetic...His HANDBOOK does not say use synthetic, Toyota head office do not say use synthetic, they say you can use synthetic if you want......

Freddy quoted, the 2.4/2.8 uses synthetic, it doesn't, it uses the same as the 3.0, can use either....

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ford Pattaya are the same, I stood and watched them work on my car.

Are you in Thailand questioning customer safety.......... bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Well it's strange my Toyota dealer did not allow me in the work or paint shop. Seems standards vary eh...????

4 minutes ago, transam said:

He said his dealer and HANDBOOK said use synthetic...His HANDBOOK does not say use synthetic, Toyota head office do not say use synthetic, they say you can use synthetic if you want......

Freddy quoted, the 2.4/2.8 uses synthetic, it doesn't, it uses the same as the 3.0, can use either....

Sematics, why you being such an areshole about it ?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Well it's strange my Toyota dealer did not allow me in the work or paint shop. Seems standards vary eh...????

sucks to be you !!

but your sole experience is not representative of others.... TiT !!

13 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Sematics, why you being such an areshole about it ?

Really, for me it is about readers knowing the facts regarding their ride, I even go out of my way to find the facts to help those who maybe scratching their head because someone gave out false information.

If you think I am an a__hole, and quote that here because I do that help stuff, then I think you should step back and think again....

16 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

sucks to be you !!

but your sole experience is not representative of others.... TiT !!

I am quite happy to be me and to help others.

How about you. In fact, I was going to help you out with your insurance question. But think I will give it a miss, seems you may call me an a__hole for helping you out...????

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Really, for me it is about readers knowing the facts regarding their ride, I even go out of my way to find the facts to help those who maybe scratching their head because someone gave out false information.

If you think I am an a__hole, and quote that here because I do that help stuff, then I think you should step back and think again....

Ok so the engine can take full synth or semi synth (according to you) ... the person posted that his dealer said full synth.

Nobody has been mislead or incorrect facts put forth, ive looked at a few oil websites and put 2.8 hilux into the parameters and they all come back with full synth as recommended.

If someone had said to put in mineral oil well then I could understand why you have an issue.......... but they haven't.

So not sure why you have such a hard-on over this.

10 minutes ago, transam said:

I am quite happy to be me and to help others.

How about you. In fact, I was going to help you out with your insurance question. But think I will give it a miss, seems you may call me an a__hole for helping you out...????

you dont help though, all you do is argue and muddy the waters confusing others.

Thanks for avoiding my insurance question, I would have ignored our advice anyways.

Just now, Don Mega said:

Ok so the engine can take full synth or semi syth... the person posted that his dealer said full syth.

Nobody has been mislead or incorrect facts put forth, ive looked at a few oil websites and put 2.8 hilux into the parameters and they all come back with full syth as recommended.

If someone had said to put in mineral oil well then I could understand why you have an issue.......... but they haven't.

So not sure why you have such a hard-on over this.

Because Revo or Fortuner members here may use semi-synthetic, they were told here they use synthetic by a member which was wrong....Please get a grip man....????

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

you dont help though, all you do is argue and muddy the waters confusing others.

Thanks for avoiding my insurance question, I would have ignored our advice anyways.

It seems to have confused you and you have a Ford. What oil does your Ford use.?

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Because Revo or Fortuner members here may use semi-synthetic, they were told here they use synthetic by a member which was wrong....Please get a grip man....????

How many revo and fortuner members do we have that don't spend the pittance at the dealership for oil changes.... very very few I would imagine and if they are doing their own they would already know to use either semi of full synth oil.

the information in this thread is not incorrect.

You are the one that needs to get a grip.

????????

Just now, Don Mega said:

How many revo and fortuner members do we have that don't spend the pittance at the dealership for oil changes.... very very few I would imagine and if they are doing their own they would already know to use either semi of full synth oil.

the information in this thread is not incorrect.

You are the one that needs to get a grip.

You still don't understand do you....But never mind, you have a Ford that probably must have synthetic....????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Spoonman struggled....I stand by my input...How about you..?

Iam not struggling, never said I drive a ford.

The information about using Synth is not false, the dealer said full synth, my searching also says full synth, you claim semi is ok but provide zero evidence.

you are the one struggling, new stuff is beyond you so maybe you should not participate.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Iam not struggling, never said I drive a ford.

The information about using Synth is not false, the dealer said full synth, my searching also says full synth, you claim semi is ok but provide zero evidence.

you are the one struggling, new stuff is beyond you so maybe you should not participate.

I have the email from head office, that says semi-synthetic or synthetic can be used in the Revo or Fortuner diesel engine.

I am waiting for another reply as they did not answer my question as to what oil is used out of the two when the ride is delivered new.

Now, do you want to call me a liar....?

8 minutes ago, transam said:

I have the email from head office, that says semi-synthetic or synthetic can be used in the Revo or Fortuner diesel engine.

I am waiting for another reply as they did not answer my question as to what oil is used out of the two when the ride is delivered new.

Now, do you want to call me a liar....?

Regardless of what your so called email from toyota (that you have not posted) says, What has been posted that is incorrect ?

even your supposed email supports the dealership saying to use full synth !!

did I call you a liar (can you qoute were I did) or is your own agenda blinding you?

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Regardless of what your so called email from toyota (that you have not posted) says, What has been posted that is incorrect ?

even your supposed email supports the dealership saying to use full synth !!

did I call you a liar (can you qoute were I did) or is your own agenda blinding you?

I think you should go back and read the whole issue regarding the 2.4/2.8 Toyota diesel and oil, you are confused.

You are also confused about you calling me a liar. Read the post again.

14 minutes ago, transam said:

I think you should go back and read the whole issue regarding the 2.4/2.8 Toyota diesel and oil, you are confused.

You are also confused about you calling me a liar. Read the post again.

I have no confusion at all, thanks for playing.

Goodbye.

Archived