Anyone ID this snake please ?

CharlieH

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

This one visited me a couple of weeks ago. The cats only wanted to take it around the house and play with it so I banged it's head with a broom stick and through it out the window...

20190930_053342.jpg

That looks like a "krait"? Keep your distance!!!!!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TPI said:

It's a Loatian Wolf snake... Harmless, although it will bite...

Kraits have equal sized yellow and black bands.. Well the yellow and black ones do anyway ????

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

It's a Loatian Wolf snake... Harmless

Kraits have equal sized yellow and black bands.. Well the yellow and black ones do anyway ????

9 minutes ago, TPI said:

I looked it up on Google / snakes of Thailand and not sure of it was a krait our Laotian wolf... 

btw - the belly was plain grey, if that helps recognizing it

28 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I looked it up on Google / snakes of Thailand and not sure of it was a krait our Laotian wolf... 

btw - the belly was plain grey, if that helps recognizing it

the kraits body is triangular shaped, looks like they have a ridge on top.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

This one visited me a couple of weeks ago. The cats only wanted to take it around the house and play with it so I banged it's head with a broom stick and through it out the window...

20190930_053342.jpg

A banded krait? If so highly venomous.

We have many visitors that slither in to the my workshop/storage shed, kitchen and laundry, none have found their way up stairs....as yet.  It  could be the smell of dog upstairs puts them off or iT could be they don't want to go there.  We have the dogs upstairs at night just in case a 2 legged snake is about.  They can go down stairs if they want for pee pee.  Snakes don't fair to well around here! 

• Like 1

Another Krait/Wolf Snake comparison - once you see side-by-side, the Krait's characteristics stand out.

Vince Vega's YT site is nice.  Vids without speaking or voice over.

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 10:26 PM, Rimmer said:

My wife picks them up and throws them over the wall................

But she always puts on one of our industrial snake gloves first  :biggrin:

We treat cobras with a lot more respect but they still go over the wall :smile:

Pool nets are good for those guys.

2008_0801Image0007.JPG

Cobra1.jpg

Who lives on the other side of the wall?

• Haha 1

Still not sure why people want to know the name of these snakes. I have read at least 15 of these stories (and had my own visitor in a 7th. floor condo) I left him there all night and went to sleep. Next morning I left the door open and let him meander out. I took pics. to show folks back home but never cared a whit what "make" he was....and cared less.

In all the stories I read about what their names were...I still cannot remember even one of them...(I do this one though, I read it only a few minutes ago)...but it will be gone shortly.

8 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Still not sure why people want to know the name of these snakes. I have read at least 15 of these stories (and had my own visitor in a 7th. floor condo) I left him there all night and went to sleep. Next morning I left the door open and let him meander out. I took pics. to show folks back home but never cared a whit what "make" he was....and cared less.

In all the stories I read about what their names were...I still cannot remember even one of them...(I do this one though, I read it only a few minutes ago)...but it will be gone shortly.

I can identify every snake that is common in my area.

Because of this most of snakes are left alone. The occasional viper has been relieved of its mortal coils however. A venomous green snake that doesn't run away and has a reputation for biting, is not the sort of thing we need in the tea field when folks are busy pulling weeds and picking tea.

Edited by canuckamuck