Anyone ID this snake please ?

CharlieH

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

It's not a banded Krait....

Banded Krait has equal sized bands... Triangular profile body..

Laotian Wolf snake has larger black bands than yellow (or white). Round profile body

banded-krait-X2M1J7.jpg

laotian-wolf-snake-lycodon-laoensis-o.jpg

That is an exceptional shot!

10 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

as far as i'm concerned there is no such thing called a harmless snake:-)

Meh.  It's actually easier to remember the most common venomous snakes you might encounter in your area, than trying to remember the plethora of non-venomous species. 

Like this one, for instance.  Horrible beast, looks like it's about to eat your dog in the garden, but really, you can let this one bite your arm with its tiny, virtually harmless teeth, then wash gently with soap after. 

This was the snake featured in the young Dicaprio film "The Beach", opening scenes in the BKK Bar drinking "cobra" blood. 

The radiated rat snake sure does put on a good show.  Hollywood. ????

image.png.180633c41fff6bd9a659a737bb060e7a.png

image.png.0cbb901441aa3e6768999742067a9530.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rimmer said:

10 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Just so there is no mistake again about who lives outside our wall, here is a picture of my wife trying to clear the jungle away from our perimeter wall.  :biggrin:

20190712_174724.jpg

Yep, look who's taking the pictures and whose clearing the jungle and most likely  giving instructions of how to clear it!!

Edited by wayned
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Another Krait/Wolf Snake comparison - once you see side-by-side, the Krait's characteristics stand out.

Vince Vega's YT site is nice.  Vids without speaking or voice over.

We have a lot of snakes entering our walled garden area, mostly black monocled spitting cobras, so I asked our little local hospital if they keep cobra anti venom, It seems they do not only krait anti venom which surprised me as never seen a krait come into our garden.  Perhaps its a regional thing or maybe we built on a cobra swamp  :biggrin:.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 7:44 AM, LukKrueng said:

This one visited me a couple of weeks ago. The cats only wanted to take it around the house and play with it so I banged it's head with a broom stick and through it out the window...

20190930_053342.jpg

Deleted

Edited by holy cow cm
spelling

9 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Meh.  It's actually easier to remember the most common venomous snakes you might encounter in your area, than trying to remember the plethora of non-venomous species. 

Like this one, for instance.  Horrible beast, looks like it's about to eat your dog in the garden, but really, you can let this one bite your arm with its tiny, virtually harmless teeth, then wash gently with soap after. 

This was the snake featured in the young Dicaprio film "The Beach", opening scenes in the BKK Bar drinking "cobra" blood. 

The radiated rat snake sure does put on a good show.  Hollywood. ????

image.png.180633c41fff6bd9a659a737bb060e7a.png

image.png.0cbb901441aa3e6768999742067a9530.png

We have one of those in our area (must be at least 3m) and there are smaller versions (offspring). The large version gave my cat chronic PTSD.

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2019 at 11:44 AM, cmsally said:

We have one of those in our area (must be at least 3m) and there are smaller versions (offspring). The large version gave my cat chronic PTSD.

They sure do get long and big.  Had an Oriental Rat Snake version around my house for a few days.  Shoo'ed it away but it came back the next night, staring at my cat that was staring back at it.  Cat 9kg.  Wasn't going swallow that.  Moved on. LOL.

Edited by 55Jay

• 2 weeks later...
It's a zenia Botanica us agtenta ganehsbiehs snake otherwise known as the golden snake if the tree branch. Not dangerous. When I was in the jungle I use to catch them and eat them. I also made shoes from one of them and walked to Laos. That was many moons ago when I was in the seals. 

Must have been very big or you have very small feet

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app