2 set of rules?

Lately I have came across various shops ran by Chinese, Koreans and other asians.
They do a business / job that would normally be only for Thais and also do not appear to have 2 or 4 Thai staff at all.

They been doing so since longer times already, sit right in the face of everyone, never get questioned let alone raided.
This while, to my experience, if a Farang would do so, he can expect a raid within days or weeks. 

Are there some special agreements for the 2 mentioned countries that make them being allowed to do so?
I am not a rat, but I just got curious about it as I see it more and more.

Edited by tabarin
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tgw said:

did you ask them if they have a Thai passport?

I asked some if they are Thai or have one, they don't.
Not talk to everyone of course but I doubt they do. They do not speak Thai either and are pretty much new in this country. No Thai wife either.

Edited by tabarin

19 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Not talk to everyone of course but I doubt they do. They do not speak Thai either and are pretty much new in this country. No Thai wife either.

if they are pretty new, let immigration catch up with them. report back in one year.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure they are not from Myanmar, Laos or Cambodia? There are different rules for them.

Hehe no, they are really Korean and Chinese / maybe some Taiwanese. I know indeed it is different for those and that is nothing new under the sun for me.

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

And what about the vodka shops? Or the Russian hookers?

Vodka makes people have insomnia, IO's forget. The Russian girls have their own ways of keeping IO's happy. 

Edited by tabarin

46 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Asians have a little of leniency here in Thailand.... some ancestry/family tree roots maybe?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Asians have a little of leniency here in Thailand.... some ancestry/family tree roots maybe?

That is the only thing that I can think off, if legitimate. Though it would be interesting that those all start to show up recently and be exactly the ones with a shop too.

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There's a kebab shop in walking st run by a Turkish guy (probably), no thais anywhere. I guessed he's paid off the police

Well yes, or like Turkish ice cream. I thought there might be some special arrangements, if doing something specifically from your country that is unique and contribute. However, this is not in the well known areas where those paid off things usually happen, this is in CM.

This is also why I am curious about it, as I would have some ideas then too. I really don't mind them doing business, if up to me, everyone can.

Edited by tabarin

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure they are not from Myanmar, Laos or Cambodia? There are different rules for them.

Would you have a weblink or anything that could help me reading up on this? Are citizens of these countries able to open their own businesses here? I was under the impression that apart from minimum wages and ease of obtaining a work permit it's the same for them as for all other nations. 

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Basically, O/P in words of one syllable. 'What's it got to do with you?

I doubt his investigative skills are nearly as honed as he thinks they are and I can't imagine spending that much of his time sticking his nose into other people's business. 

Anyway, whenever there's a mass roundup of people being arrested and deported for illegally working here, the vast majority are Asian. So obviously numbers of those who are breaking the law are targeted.

I'have also  heard rumors that some farang hire women for sex. Maybe he should devote some of his time to asking them each if he's married to the woman he's taking to his hotel room and how old she is. I'm sure they'll be pleased to cooperate with his investigation and appreciate the interest he's showing in them.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

What Russian hookers lol lol ... no prostitution in LOS ! especially the world class resort

Their pencil pushers...   I heard someone once in the 70s say pencil Richard or d... 

anyway best to stay out of it unless your passion...