No Falang, No China, <deleted>?

Nyezhov

I took a run down to Samut Prakan this morning at 6 <deleted> AM FOR GODS SAKE for the Rab Bua Festival at Wat Bang Phli Yai. Basically, hordes of Thai people in boats engine scream up and down the canal whilst super nice float boats with Nagas and Garudas and Triple Headed Changs and hot chicks in pointy hats paddle by and everybody flings Lotus everywhere, especially at this one barge that has  a copy of the Luang Por or suchlike image, Im unclear on the details, except the folks have to FLING Lotuses everywhere. And of course, they shove food in your face and there is loud music and firecrackers and dudes hitting the Hong Thong while in their boats and pro photogs everywhere.

And Im the only farang I saw. The only one. And there were no hordes of Chinese. I shot the bull with a Japanese photog  and he had been there since 5 am and not a chinese in sight he said (he speaks Chinese).

So a mere 20 miles from the center of town and you have this cool festival with only one farang (fat sweaty me) and no chinese. Whats up with that? The Chinese all at the mall and the farangs still sleeping off Nana? Now I realize that some of you more jaded expats take the position, you seen one Lotus Tossing festival, you have seen them all, and I too get jaded at ceratin things, but really, where are the tourists? I go to a lot of odd little places and never see a freaking tourist except me. Then I go down to Nana at midnight and there they are. Hmmmm, maybe there are more Chang Singleteers than I thought......

37 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

"hordes of Thai people in boats engine scream up and down the canal...   

and there is loud music"

Sounds like heaven ????

It was fun. Loud but fun.P1011553.thumb.jpg.6c6d84df5c2615ad505f9357723947f6.jpg

20 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Was Mary Whitehouse your mother,or maybe some relation,

as you like her ,seem horrified when anyone on TV mentions

anything to do with sex,or innuendos about sex.

regards Worgeordie

every forum needs one.    well,  has one .     

There were some hot chickies there. But it was religious so I avoided playing model agent to get their Line IDs, since the young tighties in my age category (up to 24) dont really pay attention to a fat old man like me.

But the <deleted>s? I felt like a bowl of Oden at a Sumo training camp. Eyes were devouring me.

1. Farang

2. Fat, old unattractive. Expensive clothes and camera.

3. Eating Thai food.

4. Smiling a lot.

5. Has nothing less than thousand baht bills.

Yeah, I might start going to more festivals. With a little name card that says, my Name is and I come From the USA. Its getting so bad that I dont even say Hello how are you anymore even in English, its Hellooooooooo where you come fom? Im even losing the do and the r.

21 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

It was fun. Loud but fun.P1011553.thumb.jpg.6c6d84df5c2615ad505f9357723947f6.jpg

Its a public holiday today and tomorrow. That however is a new low where you run adverts like that for a hospital in the middle of a ceremony. BTW I think alcohol is banned today and tomorrow as well so nobody will be out and about.

19 minutes ago, madmen said:

ban finishes tonight midnight

Can you just see the rush to the taps? Crikey, mate, we only got an hour! Chang Singlets flapping, they hurl themselves like ruggers with gaping maws at the beer taps, lithe Thai waitresses scrambling out of the way screaming as the yobs flail at each other like a bunch of puppies seeking the teat, teeth flying as they crunch into the spouts, one dude in a Chelsea singlet is attached to the spout like an alien on John Hurts face with his belly swelling with each gulp as his "mates" pummel him unmercifly with beer mugs and ladyboy heels to get him to let go........

I think the government should rethink this no booze thing. its dangerous.

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Can you just see the rush to the taps? Crikey, mate, we only got an hour! Chang Singlets flapping, they hurl themselves like ruggers with gaping maws at the beer taps, lithe Thai waitresses scrambling out of the way screaming as the yobs flail at each other like a bunch of puppies seeking the teat, teeth flying as they crunch into the spouts, one dude in a Chelsea singlet is attached to the spout like an alien on John Hurts face with his belly swelling with each gulp as his "mates" pummel him unmercifly with beer mugs and ladyboy heels to get him to let go........

I think the government should rethink this no booze thing. its dangerous.

I'm in Bangkok. we do the same here but in polo shirts and stroll over to the taps at 1201am so as not to look to desperate.. same same but different

Archived