How far can dual pricing go?

Lannig

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

Charging triple for medical services goes further than belief. 

Triple? My father in law had a 3 week hospital stay, an 11 hour bypass operation and meds forever... 30 baht...

But, good to know by your calculation that it would only cost a foreigner 90 baht - - that would be generous of the Thai government beyond belief... 

16 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Triple? My father in law had a 3 week hospital stay, an 11 hour bypass operation and meds forever... 30 baht...

But, good to know by your calculation that it would only cost a foreigner 90 baht - - that would be generous of the Thai government beyond belief... 

Funny about that as a foreigner I don't get free or cheap medical care in most countries outside Australia even those with Government provided health services. Thailand is no different to the majority of world nations in this regard.

Ok so before anyone gets upset - and there's a lot to be annoyed about in Thailand - this is not dual pricing (if as the OP says it is actually a sign in Major Cineplex). 

The reason it's not dual pricing is because private businesses & companies do not have any power to fine people.

(Police can according to local laws and the fines are set by law without any regard to race).

Nor is this sign a legally enforceable contract. So don't get upset, it's simply a way Major Cineplex is pleading with people not to smoke on their premises.  But their threats really are meaningless before the law

43 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

It can go all the way to the USA... 

Out of state residents pay considerably more to go to a State School..

Out of County Golfers pay more to play on a County golf course... 

Get over it... 

Without fail there's always some liberal American wierdo comes along to say how white people should pay more.

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Ironic is'nt it, in this predominately buddhist country greed knows no bounds. Obviously something has been lost in the interpretation!

exchange Buddhist with Christian or any other religion and the statement reads no less true. What is your point?

The sign has as much possibility of being a typo as it is of being a real dual price. And besides, don't break the law and it won't be an issue.

7 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

How long can these topics continue?

My guess is that as long as there are bitter people on this forum, who realise they have made a wrong decision of staying in a country they don't actually enjoy but won't or can't do anything about it, these topics will continue.

27 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Ok so before anyone gets upset - and there's a lot to be annoyed about in Thailand - this is not dual pricing (if as the OP says it is actually a sign in Major Cineplex). 

The reason it's not dual pricing is because private businesses & companies do not have any power to fine people.

(Police can according to local laws and the fines are set by law without any regard to race).

Nor is this sign a legally enforceable contract. So don't get upset, it's simply a way Major Cineplex is pleading with people not to smoke on their premises.  But their threats really are meaningless before the law

How is 2000 in Thai and 5000 in English not dual pricing - enforceable or not?

49 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

exchange Buddhist with Christian or any other religion and the statement reads no less true. What is your point?

The christian faith says little about earthly posessions, and based on the wealth of Vatican city you could make the statement they support monetary gains.

For buddhists its different: the highest level in this system is reached when you let go of all wealth and stop going after more and more. So its strange that in a country where people support a belief system that tells them greed is wrong, they are so damn greedy.

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

Without fail there's always some liberal American wierdo comes along to say how white people should pay more.

In USA it does not matter your color but your location and where you pay taxes... I don't remember mentioning anything about race... but since I am not Thai, I would not expect to be granted the privileges of a Thai in Thailand... surely, it would cost them more to play golf at the same courses that it would cost me... 

If you think you deserve to take advantage of Thai medical at 30 baht... let me know why? Are you entitled for spending your measly pension with the local soup lady? 

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

How low can TV Expats go in continually moaning?

How long before the next whinge?

Hang on a minute, let me get my diary.

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

How low can TV Expats go in continually moaning?

How long before the next whinge?

you tell us . you are the next whinge . How long can you continuously  moan about expats . The topics will continue as long as expats like you post whining posts on them . If you dont like posts , dont join a forum . Sometimes i just wonder ..........

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

The christian faith says little about earthly posessions, and based on the wealth of Vatican city you could make the statement they support monetary gains.

For buddhists its different: the highest level in this system is reached when you let go of all wealth and stop going after more and more. So its strange that in a country where people support a belief system that tells them greed is wrong, they are so damn greedy.

Hmmm, then why is Greed one of the deadly sins in Christianity?

4 hours ago, kenk24 said:

If he's Thai then it's free for him. The 30 baht is only to discourage Thai to go for no reason. For a foreigner it would probably have been 1 million baht or more + 90 baht. 

It can go all the way to the USA... 

Out of state residents pay considerably more to go to a State School..

Out of County Golfers pay more to play on a County golf course... 

Get over it... 

Nice try. Usa, Out of state/country school tuitions are not decided on your status, race or nationality. 

wow.. so she married 2 guys at the same time... that deserves something i would think... accolades to the bride... 

Well, one week apart.

She married the farang and got the 250k and monthly salary, then he went back home for 3 weeks and she married her Thai husband 2 days later.

Hell of a village party. Don't know how they afforded it. ????

Archived