How far can dual pricing go?

Lannig

Wow. Amazed to see how far this funny sign post has been taken. Come on guys, it's more probably someone who's just messed up while making the sign. I just found it amusing to relate this to the never-ending reports of dual pricing.
And as someone has pointed out, this has zero legal value anyway.

1 hour ago, bamboozle said:

you tell us . you are the next whinge . How long can you continuously  moan about expats . The topics will continue as long as expats like you post whining posts on them . If you dont like posts , dont join a forum . Sometimes i just wonder ..........

No.

I join forums to learn stuff.

To get educated.

Or pass on my knowledge.

Or read stuff that interests me.

To put a smile on my face.

Not read constant glass half empty type topics and topic headlines.

Like this one.

On this forum, which is one of, if not, the most depressing, xenophobic, racist, unhappy, blatantly commercial Thai centric forums that exists.

You're welcome.

Looks like you'll fit right in.

1 hour ago, Morty T said:

Nice try. Usa, Out of state/country school tuitions are not decided on your status, race or nationality. 

all dual pricing is not created equal... if you want everything exactly the same as home - - there are probably options... but to come to another country and expect that... have you ever traveled before? I bet you have... isn't the point of going to another culture to experience that culture? Or is it just to complain about the differences you find?? 

5 hours ago, mydee said:

Funny about that as a foreigner I don't get free or cheap medical care in most countries outside Australia even those with Government provided health services. Thailand is no different to the majority of world nations in this regard.

But if like me you have invested in property  Car and the thai grand children's schooling  should i pay more than the tariff ?

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

If he's Thai then it's free for him. The 30 baht is only to discourage Thai to go for no reason. For a foreigner it would probably have been 1 million baht or more + 90 baht. 

and if anyone had that operation in prathet farang it would be well over 10x the 1mm baht... 

4 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

exchange Buddhist with Christian or any other religion and the statement reads no less true. What is your point?

The sign has as much possibility of being a typo as it is of being a real dual price. And besides, don't break the law and it won't be an issue.

My guess is that as long as there are bitter people on this forum, who realise they have made a wrong decision of staying in a country they don't actually enjoy but won't or can't do anything about it, these topics will continue.

Give us a hug!

3 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Hmmm, then why is Greed one of the deadly sins in Christianity?

I didnt mention greed related to christianity, only related to buddhism. 

And i get the feeling this is a discussion that will lead to nowhere. I explained the irony to you, you do with it what you want from here on.

3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

No.

I join forums to learn stuff.

To get educated.

Or pass on my knowledge.

Or read stuff that interests me.

To put a smile on my face.

Not read constant glass half empty type topics and topic headlines.

Like this one.

On this forum, which is one of, if not, the most depressing, xenophobic, racist, unhappy, blatantly commercial Thai centric forums that exists.

You're welcome.

Looks like you'll fit right in.

I reread the posts and no , yours is the only whinging  , depressing , unhappy posts on the thread .  me fit in ?, i the same as the op thinks the sign is funny as it is so obviously racist and wrong it is quite humorous . not sure what you mean by centric

7 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I didnt mention greed related to christianity, only related to buddhism. 

And i get the feeling this is a discussion that will lead to nowhere. I explained the irony to you, you do with it what you want from here on.

I saw your irony. Another irony is that it your irony is not specific to just one denomination. Christianity is not far behind Buddhist doctrines in the "giving" realms. So Why is Christianity's 'greed' less relevant than Buddhist "greed" In reference to my post you responded to?

I like debate and discussion. I am happy for this train of thought to continue.

5 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I like debate and discussion.

This is a very broad topic and it never looks good when painted in broad strokes... is greed a human issue or dependent upon religion? People naturally have expectations and that can slip into greed pretty easily. I think this goes beyond religion. 

And then there are different entities... corporations are seemingly inherently greedy as people hide behind an invented entity. But to tar and feather a nation because some are greedy is too broad a supposition.

As to Thailand, once again, unhappy people seem to reach out and point out things that happen everywhere and try to brand them as being a Thai fault line that exists nowhere else... 

21 hours ago, kenk24 said:

It can go all the way to the USA... 

Out of state residents pay considerably more to go to a State School..

Out of County Golfers pay more to play on a County golf course... 

Get over it... 

Naw dude, every time I go to some ruins and Thai folks get in for free and some dentally challenged old lady in a stained uniform with a straw broom collects my 50 baht in exchange for a nicely printed ticket, I stand there in my fancy tropical gear and photography equipment that cost me about 100large Baht and begin to have a panic attack over the fact that I just got hosed for a whole $1.75. Then the panic turns to rage, how dare they........

Then I remember Im from the USA, I won lifes lottery, its great to be me, 90% of the people in this world live like dogs compared to me, and if I got ripped off $2 a day by some change grubbing 3rd world person or government every day for the rest of my wonderful life that wouldnt cover the cost of a few filthy moist beer swilling debauches in Soi Cowboy, so I check the time on my wrist (on an instrument that if sold, would feed 10 village families for a year plus), shrug manfully and start my picsnapping.

Of course, invariably, as I stagger out of the place dripping with sweat, Auntie Smiley Tooth hands me a bottle of water. So actually, I spent 50 baht on a bottle of water, cheaper than a gogo or bar. ????

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

hope it went well for you - where did you have it? and how did it get done for zero? 

All developed country have universal healthcare for their citizens except the USA. This even include Thailand. Sure the US can't afford that since they need to pay for war instead.

In Canada how it works is that everyone is charged around 600$ per year from their tax declaration (free if too poor) and also tax from fuel and tobacco is used. Same price for everyone, no precondition, no in/out patient nonsense, etc. All consultation and surgery are free or near free depending on province. You have to pay a subdized price for your medication and full dental cost but you can get insurance for that. The downside is the waiting time if non life threatening condition but there is private clinic if you got money or insurance. 

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Then the panic turns to rage, how dare they..

Yo Millwall, not really worth the aggravation and raising the blood pressure... I appreciate my advantages every day and give away far greater amounts that 50 baht... which does not phase me in the least... just look at it as a donation to keeping places like that running for everyone... 

glad to hear you can keep perspective sometimes... it is sort of a shame that some people here worry such minimal amounts and blow it all into a racially charged issue... so silly. 

55 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

All developed country have universal healthcare for their citizens except the USA. This even include Thailand. Sure the US can't afford that since they need to pay for war instead.

In Canada how it works is that everyone is charged around 600$ per year from their tax declaration (free if too poor) and also tax from fuel and tobacco is used. Same price for everyone, no precondition, no in/out patient nonsense, etc. All consultation and surgery are free or near free depending on province. You have to pay a subdized price for your medication and full dental cost but you can get insurance for that. The downside is the waiting time if non life threatening condition but there is private clinic if you got money or insurance. 

Oh, Canada. 

Sounds like a wonderfully civilized system... which somehow never seems to get accomplished in USA... and at $600 per yr wow!!

On 10/14/2019 at 10:02 AM, Time Traveller said:

Without fail there's always some liberal American wierdo comes along to say how white people should pay more.

Ah. A new wrinkle I wasn't aware of.

Only white farang pay more than Thai.

Thanks for that nugget!

Archived