BANGKOK

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

hope it went well for you - where did you have it? and how did it get done for zero? 

All developed country have universal healthcare for their citizens except the USA. This even include Thailand. Sure the US can't afford that since they need to pay for war instead.

In Canada how it works is that everyone is charged around 600$ per year from their tax declaration (free if too poor) and also tax from fuel and tobacco is used. Same price for everyone, no precondition, no in/out patient nonsense, etc. All consultation and surgery are free or near free depending on province. You have to pay a subdized price for your medication and full dental cost but you can get insurance for that. The downside is the waiting time if non life threatening condition but there is private clinic if you got money or insurance. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Then the panic turns to rage, how dare they..

Yo Millwall, not really worth the aggravation and raising the blood pressure... I appreciate my advantages every day and give away far greater amounts that 50 baht... which does not phase me in the least... just look at it as a donation to keeping places like that running for everyone... 

glad to hear you can keep perspective sometimes... it is sort of a shame that some people here worry such minimal amounts and blow it all into a racially charged issue... so silly. 

55 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

All developed country have universal healthcare for their citizens except the USA. This even include Thailand. Sure the US can't afford that since they need to pay for war instead.

In Canada how it works is that everyone is charged around 600$ per year from their tax declaration (free if too poor) and also tax from fuel and tobacco is used. Same price for everyone, no precondition, no in/out patient nonsense, etc. All consultation and surgery are free or near free depending on province. You have to pay a subdized price for your medication and full dental cost but you can get insurance for that. The downside is the waiting time if non life threatening condition but there is private clinic if you got money or insurance. 

Oh, Canada. 

Sounds like a wonderfully civilized system... which somehow never seems to get accomplished in USA... and at $600 per yr wow!!

On 10/14/2019 at 10:02 AM, Time Traveller said:

Without fail there's always some liberal American wierdo comes along to say how white people should pay more.

Ah. A new wrinkle I wasn't aware of.

Only white farang pay more than Thai.

Thanks for that nugget!

No problem for me, at those chargeable toilet venues I get to do a # 1 or a # 2 at the same price as the Thais.

Life's good............55555555555