BANGKOK
mcl2504

Looking for advice on what to buy

I want to buy a new small car, probably a hatchback. I'm looking at the Toyota Yaris, Suzuki Swift, Nissan March, Honda Jazz, or Mazda 2. Anyone have any experience with any of these, good or bad? Any thoughts about quality, need for maintenance, etc.? Value for money? Are there any duds in that group? Anything outstanding? I'm interested in any feedback you can give!

25 minutes ago, transam said:

I like the Swift....

I like mine, but on the 2013 model the caliper pins are not too good. They get noisy after a while. I will be changing mine again at the next service. Greasing them will quieten them but only lasts a couple of months. Apart from that, no other complaints. I'm sure the new model is better all around. 

52 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Don't use grease - washes out. Use Neverseez - or Koprkote

Roadrunner is curious... where do they sell this stuff?

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Don't use grease - washes out. Use Neverseez - or Koprkote

neverseez.jpg

koprkote.jpg

Unfortunately, that may not work on caliper slider pins. My next set of pins may be the last set anyway, as I will sell this car in a few years time when my wife retires (and wants something nicer to drive).  

image.png

Edited by DavisH

13 hours ago, DavisH said:

I like mine, but on the 2013 model the caliper pins are not too good. They get noisy after a while. I will be changing mine again at the next service. Greasing them will quieten them but only lasts a couple of months. Apart from that, no other complaints. I'm sure the new model is better all around. 

Our Celerio is the same, my Suzuki dealer has a fix, they put in thin slithers of alloy to take out the slack, they never charge for the fix, car is 5 years old now...